POP3 Autoresponder?

Snowman_44077

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to your Forum, but I've had my MotoDroid for a bit now. Like it so far, but I have one thing I can't find an app for! I have searched here, called Motorola and Verizon tech support, and searched Google, Bing, etc pretty thoroughly (sp?).

I need an autoresponder for a POP3 mail account. Just one to send back a quick 2 line message on new emails.

Is there an app for this out there? Can you write one? How much $$ do you want? I need it, and am willing to PayPal some money to make it happen. I need it for my business!

Any help is appreciated for this NooB! Hopefully I can help you one day!

Thanks! :greendroid:

mikes

Reaction score
Do you have a PC at home? Internet? Why not just setup something there, working against the same POP3 account (set it to not delete emails, so they still get pulled to your Droid)?

OP
S

Snowman_44077

Reaction score
Do you have a PC at home? Internet? Why not just setup something there, working against the same POP3 account (set it to not delete emails, so they still get pulled to your Droid)?

Not so simple, but correct thought. Here's the long story short: I get sales leads from corporate that must be answered under 2 hours on a 24 hour clock. Should I get a lead at 2am, I must answer it before 4am. I know, sucks, but there's big (I mean big) money on the table as an ongoing bonus to make it happen. In all of this, autoresponders are illegal. But, if I have it on my phone, set the Droid to check the mail every, say 40 min, then it will have a stagered response time and won't look like an autoresponder. I could just set one up on the POP server, but it would respond instantaneously.

That's why. lol

Thanks for the thoughts, but I know what I need.

mikes

Reaction score
if I have it on my phone, set the Droid to check the mail every, say 40 min, then it will have a stagered response time and won't look like an autoresponder.
You can do that on a PC (set the MUA to poll for email every 40 minutes). You haven't described anything which requires it to be done on a Droid.

OP
S

Snowman_44077

Reaction score
if I have it on my phone, set the Droid to check the mail every, say 40 min, then it will have a stagered response time and won't look like an autoresponder.
You can do that on a PC (set the MUA to poll for email every 40 minutes). You haven't described anything which requires it to be done on a Droid.

See, the customer database that recordes response times from the phone will not allow me to stagger emil checking beoynd 5 min.

Thanks for the help guys, but I think everyone just want's to second guess my situation. I need an autoresponder for the phone. Period. I'm willing to pay someone to create one. Name the price. Anyone????

mikes

Reaction score
Why don't you just set a loud notification, and do what you're being paid to do - respond, instead of trying to figure out ways to defraud whoever is paying you.

OP
S

Snowman_44077

Reaction score
Why don't you just set a loud notification, and do what you're being paid to do - respond, instead of trying to figure out ways to defraud whoever is paying you.

Well, I work about 52 hours a week salary. Then, this clock continues 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 a year. If it goes off at 2 am, I must respond by no later than 4 am for example. My employer backs this, as they are paying me a portion of the bonus from corporate.

If you don't have good info to post, try tolling somewhere else.

OP
S

Snowman_44077

Reaction score
**** this place, I'm closing my account. I paid almost $600 for a phone that can kiss Blackberry's ass in email capability. Can't even send an auto response. C'mon! Oh, but it can act like a bubble-level incase I'm hanging a picture! Best of all, when I was searching for an autoresponder, I couldn't find one, but I DID find an automated SMS "Yo Mama" joke responder! WTF, don't people use these things for business? Just more shiny overpriced **** that falls short of what I needed. I feel bad that Motorola and Google have fallen this low. This thing's going on CraigsList. Going back to my Blackberry 8330 that did the job right.

ytwokc5

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to your Forum, but I've had my MotoDroid for a bit now. Like it so far, but I have one thing I can't find an app for! I have searched here, called Motorola and Verizon tech support, and searched Google, Bing, etc pretty thoroughly (sp?).

I need an autoresponder for a POP3 mail account. Just one to send back a quick 2 line message on new emails.

Is there an app for this out there? Can you write one? How much $$ do you want? I need it, and am willing to PayPal some money to make it happen. I need it for my business!

Any help is appreciated for this NooB! Hopefully I can help you one day!

Thanks! :greendroid:

**** this place, I'm closing my account. I paid almost $600 for a phone that can kiss Blackberry's ass in email capability. Can't even send an auto response. C'mon! Oh, but it can act like a bubble-level incase I'm hanging a picture! Best of all, when I was searching for an autoresponder, I couldn't find one, but I DID find an automated SMS "Yo Mama" joke responder! WTF, don't people use these things for business? Just more shiny overpriced **** that falls short of what I needed. I feel bad that Motorola and Google have fallen this low. This thing's going on CraigsList. Going back to my Blackberry 8330 that did the job right.

5 posts total, first post 1/28 at 1:16pm looking for help, last post 6:36pm today giving up in utter frustration. priceless.

Last edited:

sc4fpse

Reaction score
5 days...

It took this guy 5 days to ask people to make him an autoresponder, whine, whine some more, tell people that he's looking to make big money in this, even going so far as to specifically say "big" money, whine some more, tell people off when they offer suggestions on how he can not defraud his employer, and then determine that the Droid sucks because there's no [need for an] autoresponder on the phone because his POP3 email account can do just that.

Wow. I feel bad for the guy who tries to buy his phone on Craigslist. He'll probably just defraud them too.

Snowman_44077: You fail at life.

glensantacruz

Reaction score
5 days...

It took this guy 5 days to ask people to make him an autoresponder, whine, whine some more, tell people that he's looking to make big money in this, even going so far as to specifically say "big" money, whine some more, tell people off when they offer suggestions on how he can not defraud his employer, and then determine that the Droid sucks because there's no [need for an] autoresponder on the phone because his POP3 email account can do just that.

Wow. I feel bad for the guy who tries to buy his phone on Craigslist. He'll probably just defraud them too.

Snowman_44077: You fail at life.

I won't wade in on the rest of the conversation! :) But if folks are curious there is a free device based POP3/IMAP auto responder for Android.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maxlabmobile.ooolite