RAZR HD | In my hands now | What a phone...

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Picked up the HD today.

Phone is awesome.

Will be playing with it all day.

Ask away!

Camera Test Shots

1.) HDR Shot, just in my office at work. Seems to do OK in low light when held steady for entire shot.
View attachment 57252
2.) From roof of my building, bright day, focused on building at right, seems to meter not all that well when there is a lot of direct sunlight.
View attachment 57253
3.) Panoramic with sun at my back, meters pretty well, solid shot I think.
View attachment 57254
4.) Another panoramic, with sun almost direct, starts to get darker towards the right as I move in the sun light.
View attachment 57255

So far, the camera is sub par, however, I still think its better than any other Android phone out there. I've had the iPhone 4S before and nothing touches the camera on that phone. I wish Apple would share that tech, cause the iPhone's take great pics.

While I don't think this camera is great, its not bad. Again, not as great as the iPhone's camera but will make those instagram pics look pretty good!

I agree with you about the camera being somewhat sub-par. I think it's acceptable, but no where near the quality of the iphone 4S or 5. However, it seems about on track with the GS3 that I traded in for the Razr MAXX HD. While I wish the camera was a little better, I'm extremely happy with the phone overall. FOR ME, this is the best phone possible, so far. I could care less about gimmicky tricks and added softwares that came on the GS3. This phone is SOLID and has the industrial feel that I like, which doesn't appeal to everyone. Other than the camera, how are you liking your new Razr HD?

I agree with you about the camera being somewhat sub-par. I think it's acceptable, but no where near the quality of the iphone 4S or 5. However, it seems about on track with the GS3 that I traded in for the Razr MAXX HD. While I wish the camera was a little better, I'm extremely happy with the phone overall. FOR ME, this is the best phone possible, so far. I could care less about gimmicky tricks and added softwares that came on the GS3. This phone is SOLID and has the industrial feel that I like, which doesn't appeal to everyone. Other than the camera, how are you liking your new Razr HD?

I like it a lot. I've always been a Moto fan since the DROID X days. But I've gone HTC, Sammy, Apple, I've been all over lol and so far, this is the first phone that has actually blown me away initially.

Its rock solid, a lot of people will be happy with this phone.

I like it a lot. I've always been a Moto fan since the DROID X days. But I've gone HTC, Sammy, Apple, I've been all over lol and so far, this is the first phone that has actually blown me away initially.

Its rock solid, a lot of people will be happy with this phone.

I hear ya. My first android was a DX then went to an iPhone 4S and now back to a Razr Maxx HD (better battery, newer tech, larger screen, more freedom of customization over iphone). I had been waiting on this phone since early September and after hearing of the possible delays and the rumors of the possibility that this phone wouldn't even be released this year I opted for the GS3. Not to bash the GS3, but this phone blows it out of the water as a functional practical device in my opinion. Everything considered, I'm pretty syched that I was able to return the GS3 and pick one of these up today. I'm glad you are liking yours and please post any easter eggs or tricks you find.

I love it, it's one on the best built handsets out there. Moto's build quality is second to none. RAZR HD is tops in that department.

^ Just a little better than the DX days eh?! :biggrin:

haha, yeah A LOT better lol

And cereal, I agree, this phone is awesome.

Seriously guys, this phone is solid, it does NOT feel like cheap plastic like Sammy phones and this thing flies. I've been pushing it pretty hard since this afternoon and battery life is great and so far no hiccups.

Any reason why you didn't buy the maxx hd?

Any reason why you didn't buy the maxx hd?

I bought the phone outright, so it would have been an extra $50 +tax and that much tax would have been $45 as well. And while the extra battery is nice, this HD has astonishing battery life as it is for what it is. AMOLED's are getting better at using less power and the huge thing about the new S4 processes is that is uses less power as well. I will test battery life better tomorrow on a full day with a full charge. If I can make it through one day, I'm good and can not worry about wanting the MAXX.

Testing the phone now doesn't mean when you add on more apps with more functions, the battery life won't change. If you spent almost 700 dollars anyways, whats another 100? Better be safe than sorry.
I could see not spending the extra 100 if you were going from 200 to 300 but 700 to 800...? should of man. Not too late to change.

For what it's worth, my Razr M consistently gets 24-30 hours plus with only a 2000 mHa battery. I've had it for weeks with all the same apps that I had on my Razr Maxx and I use it as much or more than my Maxx... and actually have better battery life than my Maxx did.

Any data drops???

Testing the phone now doesn't mean when you add on more apps with more functions, the battery life won't change. If you spent almost 700 dollars anyways, whats another 100? Better be safe than sorry.
I could see not spending the extra 100 if you were going from 200 to 300 but 700 to 800...? should of man. Not too late to change.
That's what I'm thinking. Spend the extra $100 now for the reliability/ability to have more power later on. Go big or go home basically.

Any data drops???
+1? I'd love to know as well.

Back