RAZR HD | In my hands now | What a phone...

So far no data drops. Have been back and forth on 4G and WiFi and is smooth transition. And I've got all my apps loaded and running up to my daily use standards. So we shall see how it goes. Have also had display on full brightness too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I have no data drops or lost phone calls at all. There is a video with an M in paper towels with great signal but as soon as you remove the towels, data weakens. I have a gel case on my phone so it may be the difference.

Last weekend, I was with my family all over the country side, in 3g, weak 3g areas and in 4g areas. There was a sprint gs3, sprint nexus, at&t iPhone 4 and another basic Android. I was the only one to get service without fail. They had to ask me so much, "check this website, make this call" etc, they ended up totally giving up even trying on their phones and going directly to me.

My data has been flawless...usually between -82 to -93 dBm. I'll have to check the next time I'm in strong 4g to see what I get.

My Thunderbolt is starting to go off the deep end so I'm looking at new phones. Hows the picture quality compared with the S3? How the performance?

This might be a stupid question, but does anyone think the bootloader will be unlockable?

They sell a developer edition that is unlocked for full price. If you use an upgrade it will be locked with no hopes. It is rootable already though. And picture quality you mean camera or displaying pictures? Both a wonderful and will be a huge step from the thunderbolt.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

You definitely should have gotten the Maxx HD. The difference in price was another $55 if you were buying it outright... unless you really wanted a white version like ^.

You definitely should have gotten the Maxx HD. The difference in price was another $55 if you were buying it outright... unless you really wanted a white version like ^.

If its White then its the Maxx. The normal HD only comes in black. And it's more than 55$ outright if you figure in tax.

Hmm I thought only the normal HD came in both colors and the Maxx HD was only black... The difference in price is $50. Plus 7% where I'm from is only $3.50. So I overestimated and said $55 but that's 10% tax.

Hmm I thought only the normal HD came in both colors and the Maxx HD was only black... The difference in price is $50. Plus 7% where I'm from is only $3.50. So I overestimated and said $55 but that's 10% tax.

Well its the tax rate on top of 599.99 and 659.99 not just the extra 50$. And I'll have to double check on the colors.

Ok yeah, double checked, you're right, the regular HD does come in both colors, only the MAXX in black.

And here's the math:

599.99 x 7%tax = $42.00 = 641.99 total
649.99 x 7%tax = $45.50 = 695.49 total

Difference of $53.50, so I guess I really never did the math and it was more in my head for some reason lol so it roughly is only $50 more even after tax.

50$ is still 50$ to some though, and even though spending that much 50$ is still a good chuck of change. For me that's a 1.5 full gas fill-ups lol

EDIT: even adding tax to the 50 then adding it in is still the same, I need more coffee, lots of it lol brain not functioning lol

Last edited:
My Thunderbolt is starting to go off the deep end so I'm looking at new phones. Hows the picture quality compared with the S3? How the performance?

This might be a stupid question, but does anyone think the bootloader will be unlockable?

Everything will be better than the Thunderbolt, by far... except the camera. The TBolt, though not quite as fast, will take better pictures on a consistent basis - just about any HTC / Samsung camera over the past 1-2 years will actually. Kinda silly that Moto can't get that figured out a bit better.

But man, other than that, this phone is the bee's knees... :D

Hope to keep reading about people who like their Razr HD. I was driving in an unfamiliar area yesterday and was about ready to throw my GSIII in a lake because it was constantly loosing GPS and Navigation was flakey. I managed to get it to find a Verizon store and they persuaded me to switch back to Moto (had OGD and DX). My husband still uses the OG so I am pretty fond of Moto devices. They first gave me a Razr which I knew was a mistake before I got out of the store. It did get me home with flawless navigation but I wanted my big screen back. I called today and they are sending the Razr HD on Monday.

Hey guys,

So it has been two months, what are your thoughts? I'm most interested in battery life.

Thanks!

Back