[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013

dustyjerran

Reaction score
Hi, wanted to install 5.0 and the first thing I did was install Safestrap 3.05. I had old version 1.08 of Safestrap on the phone and when I installed the apk and launched it, it said "Old version of recovery installed" I pressed install recovery, but after I rebooted the phone, I'm stuck in the old stock boot loop.
I can get to the stock recovery menu. How can I use it to get the phone to boot again?
Any help would be appreciated.

Never mind. Had to go through SBF-ing it back to OTA .890, updating to .906 and using motofail to root.

all u had to do is open safestrap 1.08 apk hit uninstall then install and open 3.05 apk and hit install and the new safestrap works fine

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
all u had to do is open safestrap 1.08 apk hit uninstall then install and open 3.05 apk and hit install and the new safestrap works fine

You'll have to install from the Stock ROM, though.

D1ck3y

Reaction score
Great work man! Keep it up and Thanks for not letting the Droid 3 form die off!

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Is it required to update to the new safestrap?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
For a GB ROM, it's more recommended than required.

Agreed. But with the improvements that Hashcode has made since the 1.08 release, I would go with the updated version. The touch controls alone make it MORE than worth it. Saves you so much time, and its much easier and intuitive to use.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Agreed. But with the improvements that Hashcode has made since the 1.08 release, I would go with the updated version. The touch controls alone make it MORE than worth it. Saves you so much time, and its much easier and intuitive to use.

Yes it is. And when he gets 3.13 pushed out, we'll have the ability to flash to Stock partition.

Henrydroid3

Reaction score
flash failure

Help. I am stuck at flash failure. Driod 3, stock rom, rooted. I deleted blurhome2.apk by mistake. thought i could flash a new rom. help

lotzakritters

Reaction score
Help. I am stuck at flash failure. Driod 3, stock rom, rooted. I deleted blurhome2.apk by mistake. thought i could flash a new rom. help

Did you delete blurhome from the stock os or from a Rom you flashed? If it's from your stock one you will have to sbf back. If it's within a Rom, you can restore a backup or just re flash a different Rom. Hope that helps

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Henrydroid3

Reaction score
Did you delete blurhome from the stock os or from a Rom you flashed? If it's from your stock one you will have to sbf back. If it's within a Rom, you can restore a backup or just re flash a different Rom. Hope that helps

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. ALOT. i deleted the blurhome from the stock rom. i sbf back. i am back to stock. now went i tried to flash the latest steel droid v5.0 i failed at 6/18. any ideas?

Henrydroid3

Reaction score
RSD status says"Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. 6/18 flash cdt.bin "cdt.bin"-> Phone returned FAIL; phone connected. ????? thank you in advance you guys rock.

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Sometimes it doesn't work 100% the first time. Just reset and try to SBF again. Make sure its a Motorola USB cable, that seems to make a world of difference. Also, if you deleted BlurHome2.apk, and you cant boot, just boot into recovery, and push BlurHome2.apk into /system/app/ , reboot, and your good to go.

pdohr33

Reaction score
Is there anyway to install the stock music player (not google play)? Also is there a toolbox for root utilities?

Last edited:

D1ck3y

Reaction score
Nice work on 5.0 it's solid and runs great. Good work.
only thing I was wondering is their any way to get 1% batter symbols?

Last edited: