[Release][Theme] Golden Elegance for multiple ROMs.....

davidsdroid

Reaction score
Golden elegance is by far my favorite theme and I waited to upgrade to UD 1.0.0 til it was ported. I'm just having two small issue with it now. The time on the lockscreen is not lining up right and the first number is cut off. Also the slide to accept a call is cut off. They're both things I can live with, but if you have any suggestions that would be great
If you can live with the stock font, install it from UD settings. It's an alignment issue with my font and UD's new lockscreen setup.

Thanks Kook. Worked like a charm. Love your work and your dedication to perfection and great job on the port Sneaky. Donations soon to follow

drrickryp

Reaction score
I love the GE theme and recent switched to the UD 1.0.0 rom, cold fusion loads to my incredible but the GE gives an error message indicating sholes and won't load. Thanks in advance.

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Strange.....let me see if I can fix it later.....

GE loads up fine on sholes though right?

I love the GE theme and recent switched to the UD 1.0.0 rom, cold fusion loads to my incredible but the GE gives an error message indicating sholes and won't load. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

segdoh49

Reaction score
Hey Kook,
Is there any chance that you are going to fix the slider (on phone answer) in GE Theme for UD 1.0.0, unless there is some kind of fix I missed somewhere.
Only half of the left side slider button shows up. Hey but it still works, that's the good part. Great Theme....it's the only one I run on my now rocket, Thanks to BD and his new UD-1. I need to get some donations to both of you guys.....Monday is PD
Thanks again, have a great week-end.

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My font is too big for the ud lockscreen. If you install his stock font....the lockscreen will properly align.

drrickryp

Reaction score
Gold Elegance on Incredible

I was able to install it by removing the reference to sholes in the script file. Looks great on my Incredible running Ultimate Droid 1.0.0dancedroid I assume that it runs well on a droid1 but i don't have one. Thanks

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sweet

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I was able to install it by removing the reference to sholes in the script file. Looks great on my Incredible running Ultimate Droid 1.0.0dancedroid I assume that it runs well on a droid1 but i don't have one. Thanks

How do you remove the reference to Shoals/Sholes (what does that word mean, anyway?) in the script file? I'm unable to load GE on my Dinc, which is kind of a bummer.

-Mike

drrickryp

Reaction score
Editing updater-script to use golden elegance on Incredible w/ ultimate droid 1.0.0

Open the GoldenElegance_UD_1.0.0_2.2.3.zip file and follow the subdirectories: META-INF->com->google->android. In the android subdirectory are two files. "updater-binary" and "updater-script".
Open the "updater-script" file with a text reader, Notepad is good.
you will see the following...

[assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.build.product")
== "sholes" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "sholes");

ui_print("Installing theme...");
mount("MTD", "system", "/system");
show_progress(0.500000, 40);
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
show_progress(0.200000, 10);
mount("MTD", "sdcard", "/sdcard");
package_extract_dir("sdcard", "/sdcard");
show_progress(0.100000, 10);
ui_print("Install complete!");
unmount("/system");

delete the first two lines (from [assert... to the first semicolon). Save the file and load it as you normally would. I was able to load Golden Elegance to my Incredible using Rom Manager without any other changes.

BTW "Sholes" is the code name for the Motorola Droid 1.

Last edited:

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Open the GoldenElegance_UD_1.0.0_2.2.3.zip file and follow the subdirectories: META-INF->com->google->android. In the android subdirectory are two files. "updater-binary" and "updater-script".
Open the "updater-script" file with a text reader, Notepad is good.
you will see the following...

[assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.build.product")
== "sholes" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "sholes");

ui_print("Installing theme...");
mount("MTD", "system", "/system");
show_progress(0.500000, 40);
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
show_progress(0.200000, 10);
mount("MTD", "sdcard", "/sdcard");
package_extract_dir("sdcard", "/sdcard");
show_progress(0.100000, 10);
ui_print("Install complete!");
unmount("/system");

delete the first two lines (from [assert... to the first semicolon). Save the file and load it as you normally would. I was able to load Golden Elegance to my Incredible using Rom Manager without any other changes.

BTW "Sholes" is the code name for the Motorola Droid 1.

Cool - and thank you! I never knew the meaning of "Sholes", although I'm seeing it used a lot more frequently these days.

-Mike

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Golden Elegance for Project Elite V2 added to OP!

drrickryp

Reaction score
Sound control - Dinc- Ultimate Droid Rom

I noticed an applications error with the Sound - Volume so I did a full wipe (inc. dalvic),reloaded ultimate droid 1.0.0 on my Dinc, rebooted and checked the Sound - Volume and it worked. I reloaded the GE theme and rebooted rechecked and get a Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly error again. Was wondering if you have any ideas about why. Other than this, the GE theme runs flawlessly on my Dinc with Ultimate Droid Rom.