(release) themed handcent

Reaction score
i got bored of the boring Handcent App, So i themed it a little. Just the basics like the bottons,top bars,and the box around the text box. if you dont like it one way, go into the setting>skin and change it to Iphoone or hero. One is darker the the other. have to uninstall your current Handcent app from the market plus any handcent font packages you have and install the themed one with astro or other manager app. you could try to adb push it to /data/app or whatever you like.

check post #2 for more themed colors of handcent,im running out of room,lol

1. go into the market and uninstall handcent and font packages
2. download your color of choice from the attachment and unzip it with winrar or other program
3. plug droid into usb on pc and mount as usb storage.
4. drag and drop the apk on the root of your sd card
5. unmount droid from pc then unmount from the droid
6. open up astro and scroll to the apk you just d/d and touch it.
7. on the pop up screen choose open app manager
8.now choose install
9.now choose install again
10. now you can choose open or done

disclaimer: im not responsible if this bricks your droid....do this at your own risk

these are zipped up files after you download unzipp the file or open and drag and drop the BlueHandcent.apk to desktop or sdcard

updated 4/20/10current version is 2.9.36 changelog is at News & Events

Nice, now I have something to match with my 24k gold theme. :bling:

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
Hey, I'm unable to get this theme working with the newest method you have up in post 2. Metamorph keeps saying the file doesn't exist. any ideas?

make sure you moved and renamed the apk to Handcent.apk with capital H and do not rename the MM file, IE handcent to handcentred, do not. also make sure you have the latest MM from the market

Reaction score
Hey, I'm unable to get this theme working with the newest method you have up in post 2. Metamorph keeps saying the file doesn't exist. any ideas?

make sure you moved and renamed the apk to Handcent.apk with capital H and do not rename the MM file, IE handcent to handcentred, do not. also make sure you have the latest MM from the market

yeah, no dice it keeps saying sdcard/AndroidThemes/handcent/handcent does not exist. I'm not sure what else I can try. I have debugging enabled hoping that would help, but nada. I definitely have it named "Handcent.apk" in the system/app folder

darkness4256

Reaction score
I'm really liking all these colors. I change it up every time i get bored. dancedroidNice job on these

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score

yeah, no dice it keeps saying sdcard/AndroidThemes/handcent/handcent does not exist. I'm not sure what else I can try. I have debugging enabled hoping that would help, but nada. I definitely have it named "Handcent.apk" in the system/app folder

ok,i had that error while testing the xml out, which color are you trying and look me up on gtalk [email protected] so i can offer better support

DROIDsballs

Reaction score
The new method of applying your themes to handcent worked like a charm. I've never had MM work so flawlessly for me before. I look forward to any new colors you decide to do, I like switching things up keeping it fresh.

Jaycea22

Reaction score
Worked like a charm....applied the black theme to my handcent.

Quick question though...my notification LED seems to not be working when I receive text messages...anyone else having this problem? if so any resolution?

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
Worked like a charm....applied the black theme to my handcent.

Quick question though...my notification LED seems to not be working when I receive text messages...anyone else having this problem? if so any resolution?

well, that wouldnt be from the theme,as thats just png files, i think with the 2.1 update1 that it only works if the screen is off but i think roms like cm have implented a setting/hack to enable led light if screen is on

jayman350

Reaction score
I'm having issues installing these themes. When I unzip the file in Metamorph it comes up with the error "The theme you selected is invalid because the theme control file could be missing, or is not correctly written" I have tried Blue, Black, and Red and I get the same message for each of them. I've downloaded the files twice, once at home and now once at work.

I've moved and renamed the com.handcent file, i even tried uninstalling and reinstalling handcent.

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
I'm having issues installing these themes. When I unzip the file in Metamorph it comes up with the error "The theme you selected is invalid because the theme control file could be missing, or is not correctly written" I have tried Blue, Black, and Red and I get the same message for each of them. I've downloaded the files twice, once at home and now once at work.

I've moved and renamed the com.handcent file, i even tried uninstalling and reinstalling handcent.
make sure you have the recent MM app from market that reguires the new xml control file, and sence your downloaded multiple ones,when you move the zip to sdcard,they need to remain named Handcent.zip, can not change the names of the zips or it will mismatch.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Okay, I am seeing people say they have Swype themed.... Is that something from this post or another location I could find that file also?

And is there some place with screenshots of these colors?

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
Okay, I am seeing people say they have Swype themed.... Is that something from this post or another location I could find that file also?

And is there some place with screenshots of these colors?

lol, cant talk about it on the forum but yes theres other ways and places to get them and screen shots.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I recently installed the DarkEdge theme and had one heck of a time with Handcent because I couldn't read the text that I was typing. That was resolved now with DarkEdge, but with the Red DarkEdge theme, I'm not thrilled about this big blue Handcent widget on my main screen. I'd like to use one of these themes, but do you know if it will mess up the DarkEdge theme?

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
I recently installed the DarkEdge theme and had one heck of a time with Handcent because I couldn't read the text that I was typing. That was resolved now with DarkEdge, but with the Red DarkEdge theme, I'm not thrilled about this big blue Handcent widget on my main screen. I'd like to use one of these themes, but do you know if it will mess up the DarkEdge theme?

i thought darkendge comes with its own handcent theme, i have not personly tried darkedge, if they made changes to the way text are shown in text boxes IE white,then it will not work with my handcent as i left the text box white, only way to know for sure is to test it out,just do i backup first