(release) themed handcent

sslayer22

Reaction score
this is good work! hey does anyone happen to know, or have, the .png that is the new message notifier on the conv. list screen? its up against the far left and usually green(see attached)
i'm mixing up the black and blue ones to go with my smoked glass rom and i think i missed that png somehow

Last edited:

LdaSense420

Reaction score
sorry stupid question but i updated handcent today and after i rebooted i noticed the icon reverted back to the blue one...so i was jus wonderin if updating messed everything up?

jayman350

Reaction score
sorry stupid question but i updated handcent today and after i rebooted i noticed the icon reverted back to the blue one...so i was jus wonderin if updating messed everything up?

yes just about anything that is themed will revert back to stock when you update.

rustynail09

Reaction score
Revival of this old post.

Coming tonight... Black Ops and Black Widow Themes for handcent... stay tuned!

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score

just have to move it from /data/app to /system/app and apply the MM again.

with the new froyo leak, it seems this method doesnt work anymore

B-RAN

Reaction score
I am sorry for being a noob on here, but I can't seem to find the swype theme. I need the black one ot complete my black glass theme going. Thanks for any help!

Coolsaber57

Reaction score
just have to move it from /data/app to /system/app and apply the MM again.

with the new froyo leak, it seems this method doesnt work anymore

yeah any new ways? want to try some of those but noticed its not there

I do not have the com. file under data/apps either.
Thoughts?

The handcent APK in my /data/app/ folder is called com.handcent.nextsms-1.apk.

Couldn't you just pull the apk using ADB, open it with 7zip and replace the images, and push it back to data/local? Or does that break something?

I haven't tried it myself yet, but I may do it later tonight to see what happens.

dboss007

Reaction score
yeah any new ways? want to try some of those but noticed its not there

I do not have the com. file under data/apps either.
Thoughts?

The handcent APK in my /data/app/ folder is called com.handcent.nextsms-1.apk.

Couldn't you just pull the apk using ADB, open it with 7zip and replace the images, and push it back to data/local? Or does that break something?

I haven't tried it myself yet, but I may do it later tonight to see what happens.

I tried that with the new version of Handcent just released and it seems to break Handcent, even after resigning the app. I was able to push the old version of Handcent back though so I'm not sure what the problem is at this point.

OP
S

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
ok guys, sorry for the lack of support but im back and am on a roll, these methode still works with froyo, you just have to reboot the phone after you move/rename the apk and after you apply the MM theme im assuming that the droid rebuilds everything when its rebooted, also look out for my other thread that will contain some swype MM themes, i was givin permission to post them. oh by the way it is now com.handcent.nextsms-1.apk or com.handcent.nextsms-2.apk it seems to change, just look for com.handcent.xxxxxxx