[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Beta - Droid 2 (5/5/2011)

ahC_hED

Reaction score
Copy all your files on sdcard to your computer and format your sdcard and then copy them back...that might work.

Can anyone confirm if links in op are down?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ahC_hED

Reaction score
^ nm, links are good. My phone didn't want to download them at work to reflash but downloaded when I got home.

HerroMoto

Reaction score
Not sure if this is a bug, but when I hold down my menu button, the touchbased one. My touchscreen keyboard does not pop up.

EDIT: only happens when I'm on the blur launcher. (blurhome.apk)

Last edited:

xenokira

Reaction score
Just came over from ZombieStomped, already liking this much better (not to discredit JBoxen's work). I was looking for something closer to AOSP and this seems to be what I was after. Looking forward to future updates. Thanks for all your hard work.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

tattedupboy

Reaction score
So I decided to give this ROM a try, and here are my initial thoughts. The lack of Motoblur and Backup Assistant make this ROM seem a lot more like Liberty than Apex (Apex, by the way, was the last ROM I ran while still on Froyo). Because there's no Backup Assistant, the phone numbers I had linked to Facebook and Twitter contacts are now lost. Also, there's a Motoblur setup icon/app that doesn't work. And I read beforehand that there isn't yet a Toolbox, so I can't be upset about not being able to launch it from Terminal Emulator, like I was able to do with the Froyo version. Anyway, when is blur coming? Also, what about Backup Assistant and Apex Toolbox? I liked Apex the way it was with Froyo and I guess I'm slightly disappointed that this Gingebread version isn't quite there yet.

xust

Reaction score
So I decided to give this ROM a try, and here are my initial thoughts. The lack of Motoblur and Backup Assistant make this ROM seem a lot more like Liberty than Apex (Apex, by the way, was the last ROM I ran while still on Froyo). Because there's no Backup Assistant, the phone numbers I had linked to Facebook and Twitter contacts are now lost. Also, there's a Motoblur setup icon/app that doesn't work. And I read beforehand that there isn't yet a Toolbox, so I can't be upset about not being able to launch it from Terminal Emulator, like I was able to do with the Froyo version. Anyway, when is blur coming? Also, what about Backup Assistant and Apex Toolbox? I liked Apex the way it was with Froyo and I guess I'm slightly disappointed that this Gingebread version isn't quite there yet.

Patience, it's still in beta. Worry about the existing bugs being fixed, THEN i'm sure some extras will roll around.

wcoover

Reaction score
So I have a question:

I just installed, and absolutely love Apex so far. However, I'm used to Gingerbread's Conversation app for texting since I've been running the leak since it came out. So I went to run the mass restore script with the Blur items I want, and keep getting this error:

$ sys -rw
mount: Operation not permitted
System Mounted Read Write

$ restoreblur
Please enter your choice: 1
Restoring Blur applications...
cp: cannot create '/system/app/Conversations.apk': Read-only file system
cp: cannot create '/system/app/BlurEmailEngine.apk': Read-only file system

Anyone know how to fix this?
'$ chmod 777 system' returns the same thing:
Unable to chmod system: Read-only file system

MindArchr

Reaction score
So I have a question:

I just installed, and absolutely love Apex so far. However, I'm used to Gingerbread's Conversation app for texting since I've been running the leak since it came out. So I went to run the mass restore script with the Blur items I want, and keep getting this error:

$ sys -rw

$ restoreblur

try typing 'su' first, then the restoreblur script. i had the operation not permitted error this morning (while trying to restore a few blur apps), and once I did that, it worked, so hopefully that does the trick.

wcoover

Reaction score
So I have a question:

$ sys -rw

$ restoreblur

try typing 'su' first, then the restoreblur script. i had the operation not permitted error this morning (while trying to restore a few blur apps), and once I did that, it worked, so hopefully that does the trick.

That did it, thanks a lot.

MindArchr

Reaction score
So I have a question:

$ sys -rw

$ restoreblur

That did it, thanks a lot.

great, glad it worked. dancedroid

superpopmonk

Reaction score
I tried the link and it wont download. Can anyone help me? Im on liberty.4 and I want to try apex out...

tattedupboy

Reaction score
So I have a question:

$ sys -rw

$ restoreblur

I did all of this, in addition ton creating the "Restore" folder on the SD card that Terminal Emulator tells me to create. The confusing part is where it says to choose that path ( /SD Card/restore) to choose which blur apps I want to restore. How do I choose which blur apps to restore when, after running the restoreblur script, the only option I have is the number 1, which does nothing but reboot the phone and changes nothing?

jayzeroeee

Reaction score
How exactly do you run the restore script? Everyone keeps talking about it but I don't see any instructions. I haven't done much with the terminal before.

MindArchr

Reaction score
So I have a question:

$ sys -rw

$ restoreblur

I did all of this, in addition ton creating the "Restore" folder on the SD card that Terminal Emulator tells me to create. The confusing part is where it says to choose that path ( /SD Card/restore) to choose which blur apps I want to restore. How do I choose which blur apps to restore when, after running the restoreblur script, the only option I have is the number 1, which does nothing but reboot the phone and changes nothing?

Take the apps you want to restore from the file Removed Apps (it's in the first post of this thread) and place only those in the restore folder. Then run the script, and it will restore the ones you placed in the folder.

MindArchr

Reaction score
How exactly do you run the restore script? Everyone keeps talking about it but I don't see any instructions. I haven't done much with the terminal before.

This is from a post earlier in the thread:
It uses Launcher2, which is neither of what you are asking about. But, Fab provides a handy script to replace any blur back into Apex. You just need to download the removed apps zip, extract the blue components you want (in this case Blur Launcher), place it in a directory on your SD Card called 'restore'. Then, open up terminal emulator, type 'restoreblur', and type '1'. It will do a batch restore of any blur files you have placed in the 'restore' folder. I haven't tried it yet but Fab has directions in the script that dictate this. Hope this helps! :)