[ROM][DROID2] ApeX V2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC2) (6/12/2011)

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
anybody know if the droid x themes will work for d2 on this rom?

They should, but they may cause your keyboard to malfunction. You also may see an "HDMI" option in "Settings," as the DX has HDMI.

Lurkily

Reaction score
Having issues installing. I SBF to android 2.3.20 and via Rom Manager, clockwork bootstrap, and z4 root, install APEX straight from there.

On boot, it never leaves the white "Google" logo to get into the boot animation.

I don't have a lot of time to browse the thread, but I thought I'd leave this here, and hope a solution's here waiting for me when I have time. Sorry if I'm making a stupid error here somewhere, but thanks for being patient with me. (In advance.)

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Having issues installing. I SBF to android 2.3.20 and via Rom Manager, clockwork bootstrap, and z4 root, install APEX straight from there.

On boot, it never leaves the white "Google" logo to get into the boot animation.

I don't have a lot of time to browse the thread, but I thought I'd leave this here, and hope a solution's here waiting for me when I have time. Sorry if I'm making a stupid error here somewhere, but thanks for being patient with me. (In advance.)

After sbf, did you install the Gingerbread leak before apex? If not, you need to sbf (or use the TBH 2.3.20.zip file), root, boot into CWM, flash GB leak (make sure to wipe data/cache), then flash apex.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lurkily

Reaction score
After sbf, did you install the Gingerbread leak before apex? If not, you need to sbf (or use the TBH 2.3.20.zip file), root, boot into CWM, flash GB leak (make sure to wipe data/cache), then flash apex.
Ah. This was much more than I understood; the only instructions I had were that I had to be on gingerbread before flashing Apex. (The instructions that are in the Rom Manager.)

EDIT: Let me add some info here. I'm an idiot.

Though the file I downloaded is marked 2.3.20, the 'about' section of my phone indicates that it's android version 2.2. Yay.

Last edited:

americanz

Reaction score
Youh need to be on 2.3.3 to be on gb. And must be on gb to flash apex 2.0

Sent from my D2 GB Apex 2.0 @1.4ghz

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Ah. This was much more than I understood; the only instructions I had were that I had to be on gingerbread before flashing Apex. (The instructions that are in the Rom Manager.)

EDIT: Let me add some info here. I'm an idiot.

Though the file I downloaded is marked 2.3.20, the 'about' section of my phone indicates that it's android version 2.2. Yay.

CM7 is GB but it boots off the froyo kernel. you need to be on the GB leak in order to flash apex as it boots off the GB kernel. now if you ever want to go back to CM7 from Liberty GB you need to sbf back to stock froyo and install CM7.

also, if you made any nandroid backups of certain roms (ie; Liberty GB, CM7) make sure to be on the respective stock file before restoring (ie; for CM7 you need to be on stock froyo 2.3.20, for Liberty GB you need to be on stock GB leak file). DO NOT restore a CM7 backup while on GB leak file.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can also use the tbh all in one installer which will take you from a gb leak based rom straight to cm7 without the need of sbf. Just another option.

CM74D2

Lurkily

Reaction score
CM7 is GB but it boots off the froyo kernel. you need to be on the GB leak in order to flash apex as it boots off the GB kernel. now if you ever want to go back to CM7 from Liberty GB you need to sbf back to stock froyo and install CM7.
I wasn't on CM7 or Liberty, I was on stock android. The stock was listed as 2.3.20, which I thought was just a more specific versioning of 2.3.

In any case, after getting onto REAL gingerbread and getting it rooted, I got it running fine. Except I can't hear a damn thing any of my callers are saying. At maximum call volume, their voices are a buzzy little sound in the distance. Flashing back to Froyo now to complete a call. Shame. I liked Apex - very snappy and responsive, if not as many bells and whistles as CM7.

Last edited:

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
After you install GB and boot the first time you need to reboot, that will fix the low volume issue.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

americanz

Reaction score
I wasn't on CM7 or Liberty, I was on stock android. The stock was listed as 2.3.20, which I thought was just a more specific versioning of 2.3.

In any case, after getting onto REAL gingerbread and getting it rooted, I got it running fine. Except I can't hear a damn thing any of my callers are saying. At maximum call volume, their voices are a buzzy little sound in the distance. Flashing back to Froyo now to complete a call. Shame. I liked Apex - very snappy and responsive, if not as many bells and whistles as CM7.

dont flash back to anything,. if your on gb and you want to go back to froyo you have to sbf. the 2.3.20 again. like was already stated all you have to do is reboot to fix the sound

Lurkily

Reaction score
I appreciate all the good advice - Even though my problems are of my own making, I learned a good deal these last couple days just dealing in the forums.

Unfortunately, at the time I couldn't delay. I needed to communicate posthaste, so while I was posting that message, a data wipe was in progress, and I proceeded to SBF. The only alternatives I saw were to, first, continue monkeying around with settings, and making failed call after failed call to my frustrated recipient, or second, to sit here and wait for a reply to show. An SBF was faster than both, so I just did it.

I'll go through the process again today. I swear . . . it seems like EVERY time I go through this process, even though I understand the steps involved well, and understand the concepts involved(a little less well), somehow something goes wrong each time. And when I figure it out, lo and behold, it's always my fault.

No time to mope though. Getting rooted and bootstrapped at the moment, ready for another try.

EDIT: SBF'd, rooted, strapped, flashed, flashed again, rebooted, and finally in business. You folks are awesome. Thanks again for your time.

Last edited:

Lurkily

Reaction score
Oi, oi. It seems like one thing after another. This morning, the backlit keys were flickering when dark. (Only visible in very low light.) So I rebooted, and lo and behold, with the latest reboot, I no longer had a cell network. It tried to find a network, then the provider changed to verizon, and the display flipped between zero bars and zero bars with an 'x' next to it.

Reboots didn't fix it, but a wipe of user data and a reboot did. Any advice how to avoid that problem?

dudemansir

Reaction score
anyone else having an issue with wireless tether? every time i try it it also seems to load up wifi hotspot. while i can find and connect to the phone with my lappy, the internet connection doesn't transfer

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
anyone else having an issue with wireless tether? every time i try it it also seems to load up wifi hotspot. while i can find and connect to the phone with my lappy, the internet connection doesn't transfer

Wireless tether doesn't function on ROM's with the GB kernel. Apex is currently using the GB kernel.