[ROM][EC01][4/20/11] Evil Fascination v3.1

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I could use some help. I had ebo1 debloated with cwm 2.5.1 on my phone I think. I used odin and went to eco1 radio. Used the phone a couple of days and it worked great. Gps locked right on, seemed to have better 3g, and battery life seemed to improve. Then I flashed Evil fascination rom. I love the rom, and runs real smoothe, but the gps seems to take much longer to lock on, and the battery life doesn't seem as good after I flashed the rom. I wiped data/factory reset in cwm 2.5 before I flashed the rom. I erased battery stats after flashing when the battery was at 100%. I am also still in cwm 2.5. I did see tapout27 last post and I am going to try to odin to cwm 3.0. Would it do me any good to odin the radio again, or flash the rom again, and see if it would improve anything? If I did either will it hurt anything. Or will I be better off going back to stock then root again with edo1 to evil fascinate. I am new at this so bare with me please.

The benefits of ED01 over EC01 are minimal. It could be beneficial for you to upgrade to CWMR 3.0 and then flash EF again since it's edify. Edify scripting doesn't always flash properly in 2.5. And like Stelv said, GPS and battery life are more likely affected by kernel than radio.

Brutus34

Reaction score
I could use some help. I had ebo1 debloated with cwm 2.5.1 on my phone I think. I used odin and went to eco1 radio. Used the phone a couple of days and it worked great. Gps locked right on, seemed to have better 3g, and battery life seemed to improve. Then I flashed Evil fascination rom. I love the rom, and runs real smoothe, but the gps seems to take much longer to lock on, and the battery life doesn't seem as good after I flashed the rom. I wiped data/factory reset in cwm 2.5 before I flashed the rom. I erased battery stats after flashing when the battery was at 100%. I am also still in cwm 2.5. I did see tapout27 last post and I am going to try to odin to cwm 3.0. Would it do me any good to odin the radio again, or flash the rom again, and see if it would improve anything? If I did either will it hurt anything. Or will I be better off going back to stock then root again with edo1 to evil fascinate. I am new at this so bare with me please.

The benefits of ED01 over EC01 are minimal. It could be beneficial for you to upgrade to CWMR 3.0 and then flash EF again since it's edify. Edify scripting doesn't always flash properly in 2.5. And like Stelv said, GPS and battery life are more likely affected by kernel than radio.

Thanks to all for your help and suggestions. I am going to try to odin cwmr 3.0 when I get home from work. I have a couple more questions though.
1. Do I need to wipe cache and dalvik partition, before I odin cwmr 3? After I install cwmr 3 should I boot right into cwmr and install a new kernal, If so do you have a kernal that you recommend with ef or just pick one from Tapout27 posts. I can also just flash kernal from sd card correct?

2. If I decide to flash ef after installing a new kernal will it remove the kernal I installed and install the pb&j kernal that comes with the rom? When I flash ef I just need wipe cache and dalvik partition, and not do a wipe data/factory reset correct?
I apologize for all the questions, I have read most of the posts, but just want to be sure I know what I am doing.

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Thanks to all for your help and suggestions. I am going to try to odin cwmr 3.0 when I get home from work. I have a couple more questions though.
1. Do I need to wipe cache and dalvik partition, before I odin cwmr 3? After I install cwmr 3 should I boot right into cwmr and install a new kernal, If so do you have a kernal that you recommend with ef or just pick one from Tapout27 posts. I can also just flash kernal from sd card correct?

2. If I decide to flash ef after installing a new kernal will it remove the kernal I installed and install the pb&j kernal that comes with the rom? When I flash ef I just need wipe cache and dalvik partition, and not do a wipe data/factory reset correct?
I apologize for all the questions, I have read most of the posts, but just want to be sure I know what I am doing.

If you already have 2.5 installed, you can simply flash the .zip file from this thread to upgrade to 3.0. No wipes necessary. From there, I would select "reboot recovery" from the advanced menu in CWMR. Wipe data/cache partition/dalvik cache x 3 each, and flash EF. I would then either select "reboot recovery" again, or reboot the phone and enter CWMR again. I always do things in separate CWMR sessions and it seems to work best for me that way. Flashing EF after a new kernel flash would over write it. So you'll want to do EF first, then the new kernel. Kernel flash requires no wipes.

Brutus34

Reaction score

If you already have 2.5 installed, you can simply flash the .zip file from this thread to upgrade to 3.0. No wipes necessary. From there, I would select "reboot recovery" from the advanced menu in CWMR. Wipe data/cache partition/dalvik cache x 3 each, and flash EF. I would then either select "reboot recovery" again, or reboot the phone and enter CWMR again. I always do things in separate CWMR sessions and it seems to work best for me that way. Flashing EF after a new kernel flash would over write it. So you'll want to do EF first, then the new kernel. Kernel flash requires no wipes.
Thanks very much for your help. I can't wait till after work to try this.

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

This is actually the CWMR 3 thread, linked the wrong one above. The 3 zip files are all CWMR that you can flash in 2.5, just different colors.

Brutus34

Reaction score

This is actually the CWMR 3 thread, linked the wrong one above. The 3 zip files are all CWMR that you can flash in 2.5, just different colors.
Thanks, I was just getting ready to ask about that. Is there an advantage to flashing in cwm instead of Odin?

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just don't have to use a computer. Your phone will download it pretty quick and you can boot recovery and flash it.

Brutus34

Reaction score
Just don't have to use a computer. Your phone will download it pretty quick and you can boot recovery and flash it.
Thanks for the help. I got everything installed, and everything seems to be running good. Battery seems better, but could be my imagination. Also fixed my lagfix, and errors I was getting in cwm. I am going to let it go for a while until I flash a different kernal. Any thoughts on what would be the best kernal with this rom. Thanks again for help

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I got everything installed, and everything seems to be running good. Battery seems better, but could be my imagination. Also fixed my lagfix, and errors I was getting in cwm. I am going to let it go for a while until I flash a different kernal. Any thoughts on what would be the best kernal with this rom. Thanks again for help

Glad you're all set up. As for kernels, personally I prefer the one that comes along with EF. imnuts' 100uv. Many others like nemesis2all's OTB as it is highly customizable. It's a little goofy on my phone, but largely has had good reviews.

Jborch8

Reaction score
This rom (3.5.1) has been extremely buggy lately. Pandora won't open, it always force closes. Every app force closes at least once a week. Using google is EXTREMELY SLOW when searching. It takes about a minute for the phone to register that I've typed something into the search bar. And while this goes on, it does its stupid vibrate thing like it's force closing.

"When in doubt, odin."

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
This rom (3.5.1) has been extremely buggy lately. Pandora won't open, it always force closes. Every app force closes at least once a week. Using google is EXTREMELY SLOW when searching. It takes about a minute for the phone to register that I've typed something into the search bar. And while this goes on, it does its stupid vibrate thing like it's force closing.

"When in doubt, odin."
So all the sudden your experiencing these issues? Have you modded it in any way lately?
try rebooting recovery, wipe cache and dalvik, reflash kernel and reboot...might help

Jborch8

Reaction score

"When in doubt, odin."
So all the sudden your experiencing these issues? Have you modded it in any way lately?
try rebooting recovery, wipe cache and dalvik, reflash kernel and reboot...might help

I've already re flashed, and the problem occurs slowly but surely. No modding has happened. Phone also likes to reboot whenever it pleases...i think I'm just going to go back to sc. Most stable I've ever been.

"When in doubt, odin."

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

"When in doubt, odin."

I've already re flashed, and the problem occurs slowly but surely. No modding has happened. Phone also likes to reboot whenever it pleases...i think I'm just going to go back to sc. Most stable I've ever been.

"When in doubt, odin."

If your running an OTB kernel id bet thats your issue.....try a PB&J kernel

I run the PB&J -50uv voodoo kernel and have 0 issues of any kind

Jborch8

Reaction score

"When in doubt, odin."

Whenever I try flashing, I get the "failed to create boot image" error.

"When in doubt, odin."

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

"When in doubt, odin."

Whenever I try flashing, I get the "failed to create boot image" error.

"When in doubt, odin."

ReODIN the newest CWMR....when its finishes put batt back in and immed. boot into CWMR and flash the PBJ kernel