[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 For The Droidx 11/02 - Its Time For A Revolution!

kalypso

Reaction score
Liberty lets you select from a handful of lock screens in its settings. Solution no?

My market doesn't work even after a rom reflash it says insufficient space.
I've wiped all caches trillions of times. Still same result.

Heard there are two dependencies that fix this but I'm looking for more info

Mkdnn02

Reaction score
Yes liberty let's me choose lockscreens however they disappear before I can unlock it. As in it goes from sleep to quirky flashing the lock to full open.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

kalypso

Reaction score
Yes liberty let's me choose lockscreens however they disappear before I can unlock it. As in it goes from sleep to quirky flashing the lock to full open.

That's weird, if you have the process memorized wipe then re-flash.
That's defense a software bug.

Still need help with the insufficient.Space bug for android market. My phone has plenty room.

Marketfix didn't work I've already done a clean reflash of liberty and flushed cache and partition multiple times before instaling. I download most. Of my apps from mediafire now. A handful of people had this problem but a clear solution doesn't exist... This sucks.

DanQ

Reaction score
That's weird, if you have the process memorized wipe then re-flash.
That's defense a software bug.

Still need help with the insufficient.Space bug for android market. My phone has plenty room.

Marketfix didn't work I've already done a clean reflash of liberty and flushed cache and partition multiple times before instaling. I download most. Of my apps from mediafire now. A handful of people had this problem but a clear solution doesn't exist... This sucks.

I had the error with the market once, and on a whim I copied the contents of my SD card to my pc, formatted the card, then copied everything back to it. Fixed it. Don't remember the particulars as it was a while ago and I was flashing ROMs every few days.

kalypso

Reaction score
Tried that but maybe my formatting was no good. I let the phone do it but it happened a Little to quick for me to believe It was thorough but ill try it again. What's a better formatting technique then using android OS.,

DanQ

Reaction score
Tried that but maybe my formatting was no good. I let the phone do it but it happened a Little to quick for me to believe It was thorough but ill try it again. What's a better formatting technique then using android OS.,

I used my PC and a card reader.

kalypso

Reaction score
Just completed a thorough formatting for my SD w/ 32kb clusters using windows 7 disk formatting. It was a 20min formatting But the market still gives the insufficient space errors. Unless my download of liberty was messed up I can't understand what's disrupting my market. App. :(

Gonna flush caches one more time.

maximumpower

Reaction score
Did you clear data and cache for the Market? If not, try that. Go into settings->applications->manage and find the market. Clear cache and clear data. Reboot and give it another shot. This fixes the problem for *some* people.

Good luck!

kalypso

Reaction score
thanks friend,Flushed market cache and market data multiple times. Just did it again for good measure.I've read that there's a dependency with google talk and city ID that will prevent the market from working if those two applications are removed. Tried to reinstall them and even set the correct permissions for some reason they WILL NOT INSTALL, pretty strange considering. I've tried everything at this point so im just going to wait to see if any other breakthroughs happen. most of the apps i need, I get from mediafire or 4shared so its not a big deal.. for now.

Je11yman

Reaction score

Mine does this also. It didn't at first, and then I tried an app called "MagickLocker" for custom lock screens. I did't like it, so I uninstalled it. After that, I was unable to return to my old lockscreen. It shows up for a second when you bring the screen to life, then disappears and the phone is unlocked automatically. Very annoying. I have tried changing the lockscreen style and settings within Liberty Customizer, but to no avail. I am sure there is a Terminal command to reset some funky parameter that MagicLocker has changed, but I don't know what it is. Perhaps someone more talented could try installing, then uninstalling MagicLocker and seeing if they can A) re-create the problem and B) figure how to both fix and prevent it?

mystro2b

Reaction score
First time rooter...love this ROM! Thinking of rooting/flashing a ROM-THIS IS THE ONE

After having a my Droid X for so long and seeing all the new dual-core offerings and not being able to afford one, I decided to root my Droid X for the first time and install a custom ROM. This ROM is great! I don't have any others to compare it to, but I'm loving it. Simple things like separate notification tones for separate exchange email accounts, ability to screen shot and tweak the lock screen to work with widgetlocker, toggle wiifi, bluetooth, sounds, gps in notifications- SWEET! New life for my old Droid. I'm sure there are lots of tutorials on how to do this at this forum, but after several unsuccessful attempts at flashing a ROM, this post was helpful: [Guide] How To Flash A Custom Rom On Your Droid X - RootzWiki

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share this...
I think the liberty animation is a little boring... So I spliced it together with the energy star animation found over on xda... Modified it to say liberty...
So here ya go
http://db.tt/K5Pfwkx2

We have nothing to fear but running out if beer

kalypso

Reaction score
android market insufficient space error SOLVED

hey guys I fixed my market error problem the solution is to NOT delete Amazon market, G talk, and City ID They have dependencies that the market needs. since I'm rooted I just freeze them with titanium backup after i Deodexed back to 605...so they dont appear in my app drawer but the market continues to work. I run vortex rom now but it doesn't matter, liberty should work fine considering you keep those dependent apk's above.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's an updated version. Its on this site or you can find it in ROM Toolbox

X