Samsung Halts Production Of New Galaxy Note 7 Devices

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Maybe if they hadn't skipped the note 6 this wouldn't have happened...

on a serious note though, glad I didn't spring for this device. Too bad it was an android device, now those apple sheep will have one more thing to say about ALL android devices, even if it's not ALL android devices.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Wow. What a bunch of negative nancies.... Tires explode every day on the highway in the 10's of 1,000's but I don't see anyone boycotting tires or sending them back.

How many here smoke? Smoking is far far more of a risk than a couple of Note 7's melting down..

Now I'm not saying that something isn't happening but I think that social media and technology people, who lets face it are mainly Apple people are making this much bigger than it is..

You can't tell me that with the huge recall its not possible that a few devices didn't get passed through as good..

I also have seen no proof these were in fact the new safe units. Plus I want to see the software update that showed whether or not a device had the new battery. What are they using as a factor to open up the green battery....

There are still far far to many unanswered questions and variables to be freaking out this bad.

Samsung is a HUGE HUGE reputable company there is no way they are not doing everything possible to save the Note series and its name.

So for me I will not give up this device until it implodes. And then I will look for another.

Again I'd like to see full reports on all details of all units. What were the deeper more common factors? Charging wireless with a case? High CPU apps? Perhaps there is something else causing this.

Samsung Note 7.5
I'm not dumping it, mine is prefect.
But if they recall it, with no trade back, and no software support, it's not worth the $, and will go back, for a phone I can sell in the future.

Sent from my New Note 7

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Wow. What a bunch of negative nancies.... Tires explode every day on the highway in the 10's of 1,000's but I don't see anyone boycotting tires or sending them back.

How many here smoke? Smoking is far far more of a risk than a couple of Note 7's melting down..

Now I'm not saying that something isn't happening but I think that social media and technology people, who lets face it are mainly Apple people are making this much bigger than it is..

You can't tell me that with the huge recall its not possible that a few devices didn't get passed through as good..

I also have seen no proof these were in fact the new safe units. Plus I want to see the software update that showed whether or not a device had the new battery. What are they using as a factor to open up the green battery....

There are still far far to many unanswered questions and variables to be freaking out this bad.

Samsung is a HUGE HUGE reputable company there is no way they are not doing everything possible to save the Note series and its name.

So for me I will not give up this device until it implodes. And then I will look for another.

Again I'd like to see full reports on all details of all units. What were the deeper more common factors? Charging wireless with a case? High CPU apps? Perhaps there is something else causing this.

Samsung Note 7.5
You do have a good point.... I think my funky mood is because I love this phone and don't want to give it up. I would only be happy with Galaxy S7 edge.... or maybe MAYBE a Galaxy S7.... I'm taking a woosa period this week and going to keep an eye on the reports.... we shall see how this unfolds..

From The Sexy Note 7♡

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You do have a good point.... I think my funky mood is because I love this phone and don't want to give it up. I would only be happy with Galaxy S7 edge.... or maybe MAYBE a Galaxy S7.... I'm taking a woosa period this week and going to keep an eye on the reports.... we shall see how this unfolds..

From The Sexy Note 7♡
Yep, it's gonna be one of the 3 - 7's available out there... ;)

Sent from my New Note 7

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Yep, it's gonna be one of the 3 - 7's available out there... ;)

Sent from my New Note 7
I walked the Verizon store this morning and really didn't see anything that I wanted other than the S7 Edge and surprise surprise they were out of stock...

From The Sexy Note 7♡

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
For me I need the pen. And when I say need I mean really really really love it. I use it daily for notes and other editing. There isn't a device out there interests me. Only thing I'd consider even remotely is an iPhone with the ipencil but it would have to be greatly discounted or free.

I stand by my Note 7 and will use it until it dies. Once that happens if I can't get another 7 I'll go back to my Note 4 or possibly a 5. But I will stay with the Note series.

Samsung Note 7.5

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I walked the Verizon store this morning and really didn't see anything that I wanted other than the S7 Edge and surprise surprise they were out of stock...

From The Sexy Note 7♡
I'd only get it if way cheap, as the new one is coming out in months... Maybe the i.... ;)

Sent from my New Note 7

whippleman

Reaction score
Welp, I just cracked my Note 7 screen bad yesterday. That's the first time I've ever cracked any screen before. At least now I can return it for free. :p

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score

Samsung Note 7.5

You don't bring your tires on an airliner do you? Bad comparison in my opinion.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone who is participating in this thread for keeping things civil. It looks to be an emotionally charged problem and yet y'all have been cool about things. Pro or anti, it's good to see a good debate going on and I hope it stays that way.
Thank you all again.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I think the debate ends at safety. A car tire can blow and cause you to lose control, but you're still in a box designed to protect you. Having a phone in your pocket, or your nightstand that can cause you severe burns or even burn your house down is a whole different animal. If I had bought one, it would be going back without question. It's a shame they couldn't catch this in pre production, it's going to haunt them for years to come. Bad day for competition, we all lose from this mistake.