SBF to root and to unroot

Stealth_tC, are you trying to root your phone? Because the steps you quoted here are for unrooting the phone, although for some reason christm shows a picture of one of the custom recovery systems (SPRecovery) in the example instead of the stock recovery system which is what you have. So, if your goal was to unroot your phone, then you have done so.

If you wish to root it, and only have a mac, then I have a guide that will probably work for you at my site here:

Root the A855 without RSD Lite + make it ROM ready

which involves using ADB, so you will have to do some of your own homework as far as how to setup and use adb on a mac. I know it can be done, I just don't know how, yet.

good luck

Stealth_tC, are you trying to root your phone? Because the steps you quoted here are for unrooting the phone, although for some reason christm shows a picture of one of the custom recovery systems (SPRecovery) in the example instead of the stock recovery system which is what you have. So, if your goal was to unroot your phone, then you have done so.

If you wish to root it, and only have a mac, then I have a guide that will probably work for you at my site here:

Root the A855 without RSD Lite + make it ROM ready

which involves using ADB, so you will have to do some of your own homework as far as how to setup and use adb on a mac. I know it can be done, I just don't know how, yet.

good luck

Actually yes, sorta...I downloaded easy root from unstableapps.com, and they say for it to work on Droid 1, that I have to flash back to FRG01B 2.2 and THAT is what im trying to do. If that doesn't make sence.....heres what im talking about.....Droid and Droid X 2.2, how to get your root on. | Unstable Apps

DUDE!

Wait! If you're trying to root, don't flash back. If it's a D1 just use RSD Lite or ADB to root it (there's a link to the RSD Lite/SPRecovery method in my signature). If it's an X just use the link for that in my signature.

DUDE!

Wait! If you're trying to root, don't flash back. If it's a D1 just use RSD Lite or ADB to root it (there's a link to the RSD Lite/SPRecovery method in my signature). If it's an X just use the link for that in my signature.

it is a D1, and i just got access to a pc.......so maybe ill try it tomorrow.....I just like that fact that I can turn on and off root whenever I want with easy root.

Easy root will NOT work once you have FRG22D on your phone. And there is no real reason to need to 'turn it on and off' as root by itself really doesn't do anything to your phone that affects the performance in any way shape or form. It is what you do with that new found power over your phone that affects it's performance.

Obtaining root by itself is just like my "Two things you really should do" guide, where I instruct one to enable "unknown sources" and USB debugging. It does nothing at all to the performance of your phone.

good luck

new to this. i have a dx, would this work for me?? because i need to go back to frg22d but i had to reformat my sd card so i lost my backup. anyway anyone can help me??

Obtaining root by itself is just like my "Two things you really should do" guide, where I instruct one to enable "unknown sources" and USB debugging. It does nothing at all to the performance of your phone.

good luck

Teddy,
re: unroot-your-droid-without-rsd-lite on your site.
"Method 3" is what I used because I don't have RSD Lite where I am at right now. The steps missing would be that you still need to hold down the X key before hitting the power button. Then you can proceed with the volume button up + the camera button steps.

I ended up in needing the update.zip for stock FRG22D because I sbf'd to 2.01 (which I had handy on my computer) and the phone didn't want to find any updates for an OTA for me. I'm swapping the phone for a replacement today.

The MasterFRG22Da5e329b00288.signed-voles-ota-50454.zip renamed to update.zip worked like a charm. I'm back on stock 2.2

Teddy,
re: unroot-your-droid-without-rsd-lite on your site.
"Method 3" is what I used because I don't have RSD Lite where I am at right now. The steps missing would be that you still need to hold down the X key before hitting the power button. Then you can proceed with the volume button up + the camera button steps.

Thanks Chris. My guide is a bit different as I have the user boot into recovery at the top of the guide so that they can determine then which of the three methods they need to use. It's in the second set of numbered steps at the top. As it was:
  1. Turn your phone off.
  2. Slide out the keyboard.
  3. Press and HOLD the 'x' key while powering the phone back on.
  4. If your phone boots to where you see the lock screen, you didn't hold down the 'x' key long enough, start over.
So I will now change it to reflect your recommendation. Thank you very much and glad it worked for you. My guides exist because of all the info I gotten here and everywhere else; but mainly so that any potential future loss of info due to personality conflicts doesn't happen, i.e. the old alldroid.org, sholes.info/droidmod.org, even the old rootyourdroid.info, etc. I am the only one, so how can I get an attitude towards myself? hehe.

does anyone know of anything like the box option 6 i can use to get a samsung fascinate back to stock? or box option 5?

You can't use SBF files to get a Samsung phone back to stock. RSD Lite only works on Motorola phones and stock SBF files are Motorola images.

ok, well is there any well tested procedure known for getting a samsung back to stock with the same outcome (no signs of root)? I've tried using ODIN to flash on a stock image but it failed

Back