Unroot/Back to Stock (2.2) Without .sbf or RSD Lite - Droid 1 Only

asteDroidx

Reaction score
I had my droid x rooted and the other day i installed the system update like a retard, can someone help me figure out how to re root? Im new to all this so im in need of a little help. I have the Z4 Mod app and tried the temporary root but it wouldnt go past the exploit screen. Before i did the update i had my phone clocked at 1300 mhz and after the update was installed my root was removed and i couldnt access my cpu settings w/o a root. Now my phone is stuck at 1300 mhz and its screwing alot up, frozen screens, tons of force closes, etc please help

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Sincee this thread is about unrooting and for the Droid 1 only, you might want to ask your question elsewhere, try the Droid x section of this very site.

good luck

M

mikhu

Great write-up jntdroid, just did mine in preparation of getting my X today and it worked flawlessly, thanks much!

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
glad it's still helping out...

robl11

Reaction score
Ok so I'm having an issue. After I wipe data and cache I install the "update.zip" but it aborts. So installed the F22 zip instead. Did I do right by doing that? Idk why it won't let me

robl11

Reaction score
Ok so I'm having an issue. After I wipe data and cache I install the "update.zip" but it aborts. So installed the F22 zip instead. Did I do right by doing that? Idk why it won't let me

Well I got it now. You're supposed to wipe dalvic cache and then wipe the other two partitions and flash the zip.and your shirks be good to go.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Samiam564

Reaction score
I just tried to return my phone to stock and everything went well (I had / have CW recovery. I wiped data / factory reset / wiped dev cache) But when I'm prompted to get the OTA update it reboots into CW recovery still. Any ideas on what I can do? Thanks in advance!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you wiped data/cache and applied the update.zip OTA did it remove superuser.apk out of your applications list?

Samiam564

Reaction score
When you wiped data/cache and applied the update.zip OTA did it remove superuser.apk out of your applications list?
It did remove superuser and Rom manager would not let me do anything (Was going to flash an older CE recovery)

But to save you time, I just sbf'ed back to stock and all is well now. Thanks for the reply tho! dancedroid

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's odd that flashing the file wouldn't wipe recovery... hopefully that's not a common issue.

Is there a new OG Droid OTA going out?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
No. The latest is the FRG83G/2.2.2. I am sure that this is a fluke.

robjiii

Reaction score
files on sd card after return to stock

do you have a list of fiels that sould be on the sd card? since alot of us are doing this to return for one reason or another i know that the files we DL are a dead give away that something was done.

so my question what should really be on the sd card as stock and needs to be taken off/deleted?

thanks for the info and feed back. i dont want to take something off and screw the phone up

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
do you have a list of fiels that sould be on the sd card? since alot of us are doing this to return for one reason or another i know that the files we DL are a dead give away that something was done.

so my question what should really be on the sd card as stock and needs to be taken off/deleted?

thanks for the info and feed back. i dont want to take something off and screw the phone up

If the phone is going back for an insurance replacement (since you voided the warranty by rooting) then they don't care if it's rooted or not and you don't send the SD card or battery AFAIK. If you're sending it back for a warranty replacement you don't send the SD card or the battery because you don't get either with the refurb.

CrossFireXT17

Reaction score
Hey, is this method still seem to be valid? I have a Motorola Droid OG running Simply Stunning 5.5 that I need to return to stock/unroot and I don't have access via the USB port. I am currently running Clockwork, and I read your warning but wasn't sure if you wanted people to flash a different recovery, or just make sure that you do indeed do a complete wipe while in Clockwork.

Thanks!!

EDIT: Also what does this do for the recovery and kernal? Will both default to stock? Or will i still be running clockword recovery and have my Chevy kernal?