So, now we have to take the new note 7 back?

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Well i just got out of the att store to exchange my note 7 and i left with my note 7......i have to basically wait till the LG v20 comes out before I can exchange it.....they arent doing the loaner phone anymore so it was a trade in for the s7/s7 edge or wait....pretty disappointed this was a corporate store....guess I'm waiting. Such is life i guess.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 7

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
43f90597fe49d59ebf41d2e697ea9900.jpg

I think i had my Note 7 a little warm

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
when you pre-ordered your phone did you have one to use while you wait, or did they give you a "rental" if you will? i know each company is different, im On ATT and am looking at the LG V20 to use for the year till i can upgrade back to a note 8 (if called that) all though this recall business has pushed my upgrade time back a couple of months.
I send my note back when i receive the pixel.

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
They are not getting mine back unless they cripple it with an OTA that I don't have to accept, come to my door and apologize to me personally for the loss of several hundreds of dollars that it costed me to upgrade, OR they give me the s7 edge AND make sure I'm not paying for it every month or at all.... I'll even take a refurb, but that's it. Otherwise, I'll keep my same phone that hasn't gotten hot or "blown up".

Pretty much what best buy told me today.

taz1458

Reaction score
013f0bd9e3acb99a89936ef16d304b68.jpg

This is about the average temperature. Rarely Gets hotter then that.

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
So, I sold my watch. Will i be charged this time if I don't have it when i trade for a v20 preorder?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I am curious on the numbers. How many are still on and active as we haven't had/heard of another incident in a few days. I know there has to be at least a Million of these things still on and being used. My tin foil hat and I are thinking large scale conspiracy and the replacements were sabotaged.

thc1967

Reaction score
I am curious on the numbers. How many are still on and active as we haven't had/heard of another incident in a few days. I know there has to be at least a Million of these things still on and being used. My tin foil hat and I are thinking large scale conspiracy and the replacements were sabotaged.

Why would sammy sabotage their replacements? This whole thing is overblown.

My latest plan, since my wifey wants an iPhone 7, is to wait until the stores get that, exchange my Note 7 for the iPhone, put that on her line, and use her Note 3 until the Note 8 or whatever they'll name the thing is available.

I'd still rather hold on to my Note 7, but it will have no value at trade-in time since it's been recalled and will receive no support for the same reason. Tragedy, really. Damned awesome device.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller

My latest plan, since my wifey wants an iPhone 7, is to wait until the stores get that, exchange my Note 7 for the iPhone, put that on her line, and use her Note 3 until the Note 8 or whatever they'll name the thing is available.

I'd still rather hold on to my Note 7, but it will have no value at trade-in time since it's been recalled and will receive no support for the same reason. Tragedy, really. Damned awesome device.
I didn't mean sabotage by Samsung. I'm thinking from other companies getting them and acting as regular users causing issues in the replacements.

Samsung Note 7.5

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller

I didn't mean sabotage by Samsung. I'm thinking from other companies getting them and acting as regular users causing issues in the replacements.

Samsung Note 7.5

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3

Samsung Note 7.5
My thoughts exactly! Corporate espionage! This phone is such a beast; too hard for other manufacturers to come up with something better. What better way to ruin a great device! Create a few hazards.

I know several people who are still refusing to give up their N7. I'm sure there are still several thousand that are still on. Yet no news of any more fires???

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Still on!
I'm saying it's all Bull Shirt.
Sent from my New Note 7