Stock update

stigr

Reaction score
What do you mean "does not work"? What's it doing?

To go back to a previous version, you'll need to read up on SBFing your phone, search the forum for that.

Maybe you can do a factory reset instead?

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums
He is hot. And drain the battery in 2 hours.
At the moment there is firmware 4.7.3 SBF? Firmware 4.6.8 SBF kill my phone?
factory reset did not help.

phelbore

Reaction score
SBF will return you to the way it came from the factory, so you'll have to apply 3 updates to get back to the previous version, you'll lose all data and apps on the phone. First install something like OS Monitor and see what processes are running, maybe you can figure out which app is misbehaving.

stigr

Reaction score
phelbore
I repeat my questions.
Phone on 4.7.3. You can flash SBF firmware 4.6.8 (3.8.7, 2.2.6)?
The phone does not die?

phelbore

Reaction score
You can't SBF back just one version, it takes your phone back to the state it was in when you opened the box the day you bought it.

The phone will survive quite well, but I'm not sure it's needed. It sounds like a runaway app is causing the issue. My phone does the same overheating and short battery life when I'm using it very heavily, so I think it may be a misbehaving app.

stigr

Reaction score
He was discharged two hours when simply lying.
On the Droid 2 Global firmware can not be reduced because the phone is dead. By this I ask about our pro.
I understand you do not know, we can reduce the firmware?

silver6054

Reaction score
Yes.

Has someone confirmed this (that you can SBF back from the latest version)? For both the Droid X (except for using the Milestone SBF) and the Droid 2 Global, after the latest release, attempting to use any SBF from an earlier version would softbrick the phone. (Prior to those releases, SBF back worked fine)

phelbore

Reaction score
I've not tried. Define softbrick?

silver6054

Reaction score
I've not tried. Define softbrick?

OK, with at least the latest releases of Droid X (4.5.621) and Droid 2 Global (4.5.629), when you try to SBF back to an earlier version, you get stuck at the bootloader screen with a message like:

Bootloader
D0.11
Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

In the case of the Droid X, the latest SBF has been leaked and this can be used to restore the phone. As there is no .629 SBF for the Droid 2 Global, the phone is unusable. This is all deliberate, the latest releases block all known root exploits, and by preventing returns to previous versions, it makes it harder for users who haven't prepared ahead (rootkeeper) to have root.

So I was just surprised to read your post saying it works on the Pro....

phelbore

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I'd not heard of any problems on other devices and not tried it on mine, having just received the update. I've not heard of any issues, but I don't follow this as closely as I should, I was simply replying from experience with the last version, I apologize for the confusion.

badcat

Reaction score
OK, with at least the latest releases of Droid X (4.5.621) and Droid 2 Global (4.5.629), when you try to SBF back to an earlier version, you get stuck at the bootloader screen with a message like:

Bootloader
D0.11
Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

In the case of the Droid X, the latest SBF has been leaked and this can be used to restore the phone. As there is no .629 SBF for the Droid 2 Global, the phone is unusable. This is all deliberate, the latest releases block all known root exploits, and by preventing returns to previous versions, it makes it harder for users who haven't prepared ahead (rootkeeper) to have root.

So I was just surprised to read your post saying it works on the Pro....
I think you can only go back one version, i.e., 2.3.3. I would like to do the same so I can root my Pro. I have been unable to find a working link for the 2.3.3 SBF.

silver6054

Reaction score
I think you can only go back one version, i.e., 2.3.3. I would like to do the same so I can root my Pro. I have been unable to find a working link for the 2.3.3 SBF.
Well, with the others (Droid 2 Global and Droid X) you cannot go back at all. In earlier releases, you could go back to any version for which there was an SBF (so people were going back to the earliest version of Froyo from Gingerbread on the Droid 2 Global, going back two releases). I would guess that you won't be able to go back, but have you tried:

https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/droid-pro-sbf-files

The 4.6.8 was the 2.3.3 version I think. Again, I advise you not to try it!

badcat

Reaction score
Well, with the others (Droid 2 Global and Droid X) you cannot go back at all. In earlier releases, you could go back to any version for which there was an SBF (so people were going back to the earliest version of Froyo from Gingerbread on the Droid 2 Global, going back two releases). I would guess that you won't be able to go back, but have you tried:

https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/droid-pro-sbf-files

The 4.6.8 was the 2.3.3 version I think. Again, I advise you not to try it!
Thanks for the link. I will investigate further but I know I've read that people have gone back to 2.3.3, rooted, used OTArootkeeper, then updated with success.

silver6054

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I will investigate further but I know I've read that people have gone back to 2.3.3, rooted, used OTArootkeeper, then updated with success.
Yes, just saw that. That would be a big difference between the Pro and the others. Wonder why Moto did that....

badcat

Reaction score
Yes, just saw that. That would be a big difference between the Pro and the others. Wonder why Moto did that....
I don't know... Maybe Verizon forced them to. Really, what do they care if people root their phones? Between this stuff and adding all kinds of fees and outrageous data charges I'm getting ready to go back to a dumb phone.