The official "I got it" thread

amishdude01

Reaction score
I just got mine!!!! To all considering this device, you will not regret it. I promise you. The keyboard is incredible. (Im coming from a DX1) The ONLY complaint so far is that the unlock/ volume rocker bars are a tad cheap. The screen and keyboard are pretty bright too. I havnt found a way to dim the keyboard at all though. This thing feels rock solid. Sliding the phone up and down also feel quite nice. Im giving this phone a 9/10. (So far)

pgreeny

Reaction score
Oh, you're lucky BB didn't look into the $99 promotion further. That was only for new accounts. So you got lucky with your upgrade.

He asked how much on Amazon , I told him $99 , he brought the manager over to do the price override, I paid and left with a smile. I didn't push it either. I just mentioned it and he said sure no problem.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

moetrain

Reaction score
Gf just got hers. Any idea how ti turn off hepatic feedback for the buttons?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

amishdude01

Reaction score
He asked how much on Amazon , I told him $99 , he brought the manager over to do the price override, I paid and left with a smile. I didn't push it either. I just mentioned it and he said sure no problem.
Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Lucky bastard =p lol. I wish I thought of that haha.

So when can we get rid of these 3 pages of bloadware vzw has so welcomely put on our phones?

debdroid1a

Reaction score
the my gallery app is terrible shows some dumb collage when you start the app...i tried downloading 3d gallery to replace it but that shows pictures sorted with the oldest first instead of newest which is very annoying. anyone know of a fix?

Hum. I opened "my gallery" app and it shows a few things. I choose "My Library" and it's showing the most recent on the bottom.
Although it doesn't look like it's sorted. My pics I took with the "Self Timer" app is on there. Maybe I need to download that too and it will separate them. And it doesn't have the folders it had. I had sorted them in my computer into folders.

Well I just found a TV show I converted using DVD Catalyst to play on my D1 and it plays great on here! It was in my gallery. I was trying to find it through Astro, that's how they loaded before.
The sounds i great.
The words for the name looks great. And the pictures is great. Yea, I know, I said "great"but it's true. Even though I converted it for my D1 it fits this screen perfectly.
I wonder if I convert another one it would put it in Astro. I like that better, it had the name listed. I remember now, I moved them from my C drive to a folder I created called "Video" and that's how I found them in Astro.

The photos do come up quickly. And aparently I have 1614 items.... not sure how that happened. No wonder I don't have much space on my card. Actually some of it came up because I retook picture after picture to get a good color, light, etc. And then I never delete the bad ones. Guess that's a good weekend project, huh.

soops

Reaction score
last night i saw a tv ad by best buy about getting a $50 gift card if you buy any new smartphone. has anyone else received/seen this?

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

amishdude01

Reaction score
last night i saw a tv ad by best buy about getting a $50 gift card if you buy any new smartphone. has anyone else received/seen this?

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

You have to sign up on best buys site before you buy a phone. When i talked to the guy at best buy, he said only for qualifying phones. I didnt get my phone at best buy so i dont know if the droid 4 qualifies.

*XxChocoTacoxX

Reaction score
Got mine today at about 11:30a CST from my local Best Buy. Apparently, it was the only one the store got in today. Loving the phone so far. Came from a Liberated D2 and the performance increase is VERY noticeable. The hardware upgrade alone is definitely worth it. Patiently awaiting root and custom roms though. I forgot just how much stuff they put in the OS that you can't remove. Bombarded with a few new apps that I didn't care about just 2 minutes after initial set up. Opened the app drawer and there were 62 apps pre-installed. That doesn't include ANY apps that I downloaded previously. I barely had 50 on the D2 including the ones I installed myself and that was including ones I downloaded just to try and neglected to remove. Kinda ridiculous this many come standard and can't be removed.

Keyboard is a large step in the right direction; feel is great. Screen is very spacious without being over-sized. Phone's in-hand weight is roughly the same as my D2 with the standard battery. Build quality is impeccable. It feels incredibly solid/sturdy while remaining low-weight. Slide action is firm with absolutely zero play in the screen half.

Also, it is true that if you sign up at Best Buy for the $50 gift card you can use it towards the purchase of the phone. I reserved my gift card at about 10:45a, was at the store at about 11:15a and was able to use that gift card then and there. Brought the price down $50 bucks. Gift card is only available through 2012-02-12 but is good through the rest of the year.

Pros:
- Extremely sturdy build.
- Ample computing power in hardware.
- Screen resolution and touch sensitivity are great.
- Keyboard wants you to type on it.

Cons:
- [Non-removable] Bloatware OMG!!
- Coming from Liberated D2, battery use is noticeably greater.

Verdict:
If you're on the fence, at least give the phone a shot. I highly doubt you'll be disappointed with it.

Last edited:

greenmile

Reaction score
Got it at BestBuy tonight.

They matched $149.99 Amazon price on a 2-yr contract extension, Plus I'm getting the $50 gift certificate promo they have for mobile purchases emailed to me within the next few business days.

Coming from Droid 1, impressions:

- 4G super fast
- Phone super responsive
- Speaker loud (though looking at the back, the opening for the speaker is so much smaller than the OG, it makes me wonder how it sounds nearly as loud. I'm not sure if it'll ever be possible to have a phone with the back speaker as big as the OG again)
- Keyboard is ****ing crisp
- In regard to people hating on the screen: I see the "ghosting" that's described during screen transition animations - but in reality, who really cares about that? Isn't what matters most what the screen looks like with a still image? The screen looks fine to me, so I guess I'm either not as anal about nitpicking the quality, or I'm missing something.

... more to come as I continue to setup the phone.

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
Someone stream some video on it. I'm really interested in if there's any ghosting there or not. One of my main pulls for going to a 4G phone is streaming some stuff online.

DocWalt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
I don't see any ghosting watching videos, but it definitely ghosts when you're scrolling.

RoninX

Reaction score
I picked up my Droid 4 this afternoon at the Verizon store, and here are my impressions:
  • Keyboard: The keyboard is fantastic. This is the best smartphone keyboard ever. Period.
  • Performance: Blazingly fast. No lag whatsoever.
  • 4G LTE: Amazingly fast. Faster than WiFi. Web pages load as fast as on my PC with a wired cable modem.
  • Display: The display is . . . fine. Yes, it's pentile, and if you hate pentile, you probably won't like it. I can see some ghosting when flipping through the app drawer, but that's the only time it's obvious. As far as I'm concerned, it's not an issue, and it's probably a good thing if it helps battery life.
  • Speaker: Very good and very loud.
  • Size: Perfect. Any larger would be too large. Thickness is almost exactly the same as my Droid 2.
  • Battery Life: Don't know yet. Will know more after a couple days.
  • Summary: I love this phone!

Last edited:

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't see any ghosting watching videos, but it definitely ghosts when you're scrolling.
Some people had ghosting on the Droid 3 too before the new update came out.

Hope this thing gets good Devs.. the Droid 3 surprisingly got pretty amazing Dev support, especially with Hashcode.

I went to Verizon and checked it out and it's pretty damn solid, wish the screen was upgraded from the D3 more, though. I may actually get this phone next paycheck though, I miss my keyboard from the D3(My Nexus will still be my primary phone though).

Oh yeah.. HOLY BLOAT! I'm so used to the Nexus I forgot all about bloatware the D3 had and now the D4 has. That is just.. ehhhh. -_-

reybie

Reaction score
Is there a way to disable the lock screen when a pattern is used?