The official "I got it" thread

Young_and_Based

Reaction score
just got it 2 hours ago. theres one problem i have with it though. the ringtone called DROID3 sounds so awesome and i tried to look everywhere on the internet for a full version of the song but couldnt find it >_< thats the only problem i have lol

debdroid1a

Reaction score
just got it 2 hours ago. theres one problem i have with it though. the ringtone called DROID3 sounds so awesome and i tried to look everywhere on the internet for a full version of the song but couldnt find it >_< thats the only problem i have lol

I have like 4 different Droid sounds on here. Maybe i found them and they were on my SD card. My other ring tones were.

Any one else feel like the keyboard is a bit to the right?

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

DocWalt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Coming from the GO the keyboard feels too far to the right at the top, but the lower row feels too far to the left in comparison to the top.

greenmile

Reaction score
i think we're there
we're in the future now
cell phones are ****ing nuts now
you hand some guy from 1972 a phone like this and he's ****ting his pants​

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can we tone down the explitives?

Sent from the best 3G phone on Verizon.

greenmile

Reaction score
Expletives? It's release night man. Plus they're already asterisk'd out. ??

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Expletives? It's release night man. Plus they're already asterisk'd out. ??

No excuse. This is a G rated open forum. Let's keep it that way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

RoninX

Reaction score
Benchmark Results

Here are a few benchmark results...

Quadrant (5 Runs)

Results: 2750, 2593, 2864, 2787, 2870
Average: 2773

SpeedTest (5 Runs on 4G LTE)

Download: 21527, 25913, 31195, 16465, 17230
Average: 22466

Upload: 13489, 11694, 12921, 10624, 11110
Average: 11968

Ping: 80, 52, 70, 75, 64
Average: 68

Pretty zippy...

greenmile

Reaction score
Is there a way to disable the lock screen when a pattern is used?

So I think I figured this out. I was totally confused on the screen locking used in motoblur I think having come from Cyanogen on the D1.

First off, on the D1 with CM, every time my phone screen went off and I turned it back on, I had a pattern-based lock I had to input.

With the D4, there's always a "preliminary screen lock" which isn't pattern/code/password, but just a simple "drag this over" screen protection. Once this is done, you may be presented with a SECOND screen LOCK, depending on what you configured (20 minutes is probably your default time setting before this comes up).

So it's kind of stupid. If the time you set for the true screen LOCK to come up (pattern/pin/password) has been reached, it shouldn't also present you with the preliminary drag screen.

But in regards to your question, you should be able to disable the LOCK easily in the settings menu under Security. It's one of the options next to pattern/code/password.

You could also download an app called "No Lock" to completely remove not only the LOCK but also the preliminary drag screen.

fastpat

Reaction score
Gee, I wish I'd have known about stopping the swipe over lock, it's a pain to use when you've got your hands full, or they have grease on them.

As far as giving this phone to someone from 1972, you don't have to go that far back.

The first cell phone I used was contained in a brief case sized bag and weighed about 3-4 pounds, 2/3s of which was battery. That was in 1990, it belonged to a contract supervisor for IBM.

daryls61

Reaction score
Got my Droid 4 at Best Buy. Used the $50 coupon so price was the same as it would have been for me at Verizon but you get a longer exchange policy. I am comming from Droid 1 so this phone is crazy fast compared to that. I like the screen just fine but again, I am comming from Droid 1 so it is a major improvement. Lots more internal storage which is nice. I kept my 16 GB Micro SD card and did not upgrade to the 32 GB one. I barely used any of my 16 GB so did not see any reason to upgrade.

Old chargers still work but have to get a new car mount and dock. I used my droid as my clock and alarm so now I don't have a clock by my bed anymore. Keyboard and speaker are very nice. Amazing the difference between downloading on 3g vs 4g. My Driod 1 batteries did not last a day so I got used to car charger, USB charger at work and I have a mobile charger as well.

Only problem is all my game data was lost. My 9-innnings baseball, Home Run 3d and all my angry birds data is gone. Have to start over. I thought that was stored on SD card but I guess not. It is also loaded with tons of apps. Not as big a deal because of the increased storage but wow.

Tseug

Reaction score
Can someone with the phone please test out keyboard shortcuts and see if they still work? that is one of my favorite features.

reybie

Reaction score
So I think I figured this out. I was totally confused on the screen locking used in motoblur I think having come from Cyanogen on the D1.

First off, on the D1 with CM, every time my phone screen went off and I turned it back on, I had a pattern-based lock I had to input.

With the D4, there's always a "preliminary screen lock" which isn't pattern/code/password, but just a simple "drag this over" screen protection. Once this is done, you may be presented with a SECOND screen LOCK, depending on what you configured (20 minutes is probably your default time setting before this comes up).

So it's kind of stupid. If the time you set for the true screen LOCK to come up (pattern/pin/password) has been reached, it shouldn't also present you with the preliminary drag screen.

But in regards to your question, you should be able to disable the LOCK easily in the settings menu under Security. It's one of the options next to pattern/code/password.

You could also download an app called "No Lock" to completely remove not only the LOCK but also the preliminary drag screen.

I guess this is one of the 'known' annoyances. I will just have to suck it up until someone comes up with a better solution without an added app. The pros of the phone outweigh the cons. Still very happy with the purchase.