The "Official" Waiting for an Update Thread

screaminz2002

Reaction score
Yes it involves rooting. Google seems to have forsaken this phone to Verizon for updates.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
What are some other 4.0.4 ROMs?..I'm currently on the stock one..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Crossbreed AOKP. Obviously, it's not built from source, but it's still decent. Unfortunately you'll have to live with the questionable design choices.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

wireman2161

Reaction score
i am running crossbreed and loving it . its supper smooth with great battery life and tons of custumizations plus you get the new radios wich have been a little better for me

nadav64

Reaction score
Wow Google you suck!
This phone was supposed to be the king of Android and by the way things are looking you forgot that this is your custom made Google pure Android phone. 4.0.2 sucks and as of now I have been officially stuck with it for a couple of months.Please get you act together and start providing updates because of now 4.0.2 is the only official version for GSM and it's ****!

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow Google you suck!
This phone was supposed to be the king of Android and by the way things are looking you forgot that this is your custom made Google pure Android phone. 4.0.2 sucks and as of now I have been officially stuck with it for a couple of months.Please get you act together and start providing updates because of now 4.0.2 is the only official version for GSM and it's ****!

Jeez chill. This is probably more Verizon's fault than Google's.

EDIT: Wait, are you a GMS lurker?

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow Google you suck!

Frustration noted and understood... but here, have a beer! :icon_ lala:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Wow Google you suck!

Yes they are taking awhile, but I'd rather have them get it right the first time than having a minor update every couple days/weeks to fix little problems.

nadav64

Reaction score
Yes they are taking awhile, but I'd rather have them get it right the first time than having a minor update every couple days/weeks to fix little problems.

I understand but try understanding me!
I can only get updates from Google and right now GSM version is using 4.02.
4.0.2 is slow, buggy, weak radios and much more.
One of the main reasons that I bought this phone was because of the updates and now I don't even get them.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
Yes it involves rooting. Google seems to have forsaken this phone to Verizon for updates.

I'm thinking that's they way it will be since VZW has 2 apps that come with the OS. Sucks... kind of make the Nexus a Nexus Lite in that regard. Great phone though and I'm super happy with it, but there's def a filter between Google and us.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
One of the main reasons that I bought this phone was because of the updates and now I don't even get them.

I didn't realize the GSM version had radio problems too.
You can choose to root/mod to get updates faster. That may not something that you want to do (I don't), but if you are really unhappy with the phone's performance that is an option to consider.
Even after not getting updates since release, if we get an update in April that is STILL faster than any other phone will get updates. THAT is why I chose a Nexus phone. All phones have issues though, my thinking is that with a Nexus we have the best chance of getting issues fixed. We all want them now (tomorrow at the latest), but development isn't always instant. I work for a company that makes hardware and writes its own firmware and software. Bugs etc take time to sort out and fix. No matter how much you test you never find it all.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

The rest of the stock Nexuses/Nexii out there are on 4.0.2 as well. Believe me you're not the only one having to deal with 4.0.2. I'm on a 4.0.2 ROM and I'm not experiencing any lag or slowness whatsoever. My signal has always been solid with 3-4 bars, then again I might be in a better area than you.