[Theme] 928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2 Bugless Beast v0.4 now available!

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I'm rather OCD myself when it comes to duplicate files... hell my entire file system in general. It makes it much easier in the long run as it has here. Lemme take back what I said about the theme earing up extra space in /data.

What happened was after I installed the theme I started getting rejected texts. Since I didn't change anhything else I wrote it off as extras in yoiur theme. After restoring my backup I realized my fiance had been sending me "funny" pics and movies she'd been downloading all night and I had turned my notifications off because it was annoying me lol. My bad. Those multimedia files were not funny. I wonder if she realizes how much space those files are taking up. Gotta have a word with her!

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I'm rather OCD myself when it comes to duplicate files... hell my entire file system in general. It makes it much easier in the long run as it has here. Lemme take back what I said about the theme earing up extra space in /data.

What happened was after I installed the theme I started getting rejected texts. Since I didn't change anhything else I wrote it off as extras in yoiur theme. After restoring my backup I realized my fiance had been sending me "funny" pics and movies she'd been downloading all night and I had turned my notifications off because it was annoying me lol. My bad. Those multimedia files were not funny. I wonder if she realizes how much space those files are taking up. Gotta have a word with her!

BAD KITTY!!!!!! :icon_evil:

:)

SisterX

Reaction score
Timepicker image in SMS???

Hi! Thank you so much for such a wonderful skin! I am having 2 (minor) issues that I am hoping someone can help me with:
1. Text messages received by and viewed using the native Android messaging app, are covered by an image. I believe it is the "timepicker_up_normal.9" (???) image. What am I doing wrong??? Please see screenshot.

2. The "928Droid BG B-B v0.4" header at the top of the Notification screen takes up a good-sized piece of screen real-estate. Is there any way to make it smaller? (also included screenshot)

I thank you in advance for any tips/advice!

Attachments

• timepicker_in_the_way.png
    timepicker_in_the_way.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 248
  • 928header.png
    928header.png
    172.2 KB · Views: 262
OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Wish I had a Dollar for everytime I answered the Mms question, not your fault though.

pen the Mms app, then Menu>settings scroll down to "Black Background", uncheck it, then check it back again, exit app all the wa using the back arrow.. then restart app and enjoy.

FYI, not my app, I just theme it and it is Themed for the black background option ONLY.

Search Pulldown Editor for changing the "header" to what ever you like...or manually open frameowrk-res.apk and edit the eri.xml file

ladodger1717

Reaction score
Hey 928, I was curious if you have updated the theme for the transparent dialer and contacts? If not, will you post here when you do? Thank you.

TJK

Reaction score
How do I go back to the regular Facebook? I tried installing but it won't let me. Thanks.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
New 928Droid Black Glass Bugless Beast v0.4 version available in Main Thread.

Fixes:
Maps v4.4
Twitter v1.0.2
Naked Contacts (transparent dialer and Contacts, not "ongoing calls"
Mms "Black" app hopefully defaulted to Black background on initial install (fingers crossed)
A few others I can't remember at the moment.... :)

You can recognize the updated file by the "c1" code in the file name...please delete prior downloads.

tlippert

Reaction score
downloaded the update.. dialer and contacts are now transparent..and maps is themed.. great job

mcaro

Reaction score
this theme looks very nice, whats the battery life like while running this theme vs bb stock theme?

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
this theme looks very nice, whats the battery life like while running this theme vs bb stock theme?

Same or possibly slightly better since I reduced the size (apps to apps comparison) by about 1-2 mb.

Of course with all ROMs it all depends on the kernel you use and the settings.

The way I do Themes (and most others) there should be no difference in Battery life....except related to spending so much time looking around at all the cool new stuff :)

SisterX

Reaction score
Wish I had a Dollar for everytime I answered the Mms question, not your fault though.

pen the Mms app, then Menu>settings scroll down to "Black Background", uncheck it, then check it back again, exit app all the wa using the back arrow.. then restart app and enjoy.

FYI, not my app, I just theme it and it is Themed for the black background option ONLY.

Search Pulldown Editor for changing the "header" to what ever you like...or manually open frameowrk-res.apk and edit the eri.xml file
Fixed!
Thank you SO MUCH for getting back to me so quickly! Wow, it's people like you that make this community so great.
Thanks again!