(Theme) Black N Bold, Links to Threads for supported ROMS

atticus

Reaction score
Ohhhh yes. Thank you so much for rocking this over to UD. Been waiting for this!

snafufx

Reaction score
I cant get the .apk files to install. I have apkInstaller and it will not install the apps. Any help?

Did you uninstall the old programs before installing these? I had to and it worked like a charm. Thanks for porting this to UD 8.0, very impressive:)

tyroniousdex

Reaction score
You folks do great work.

Thanks and just to let you know it is just me, numero uno.

Attachments

• snap20100910_134934.png
    snap20100910_134934.png
    158.4 KB · Views: 265
  • snap20100910_135020.png
    snap20100910_135020.png
    186.8 KB · Views: 281
  • snap20100912_005104.png
    snap20100912_005104.png
    180.1 KB · Views: 261

ebarcus

Reaction score
I cant get the .apk files to install. I have apkInstaller and it will not install the apps. Any help?

Did you uninstall the old programs before installing these? I had to and it worked like a charm.

Have the same issue. Tried to go into manage applications and delete. (did uninstall the facebook update, but it would not let me uninstall facebook or gtalk themselves.) Also tried to use astro to snoop around in /data/data /data/app to delete any files with the same apk name.

But every-time i go to the app manager to install these custom black themed apks i get a message that says "this is a system program, are you sure you want to replace it?" then it tries to install, failing it completely...

rebooting phone after all my tinkering... going to kill some cache and see what i can come up with while waiting on a good response. :D THANKS TEAM

:EDIT: WHOOO HOOO! Reboot worked lol.

btw will be making a list of all the mods i got to do to my droid while in bed sick for a week soon :D (will be giving thanks to thebowers!)

SECOND EDIT :( facebook installed gtalk is still having issue... the hunt continues...

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Only the apps that are standalone are installable through a app installer. They are signed and directed to install in /data/app as they would from the market. If you open one and it gives you the option to uninstall but fails, this is due to the rom you are using. The rom has the app moved over to /system/app directory instead. You ask "why wouldn't I add these to the theme install for the rom". Two reasons. First if an update comes out it will allow you to install easliy. Second, non-root users can use these as well :)

Xsoldier2000

Reaction score
Slacker BlacknBold

Just wanted to offer you a themed Slacker for your awesome BlacknBold theme.

It was the only thing missing for my layout to be super smooth...

Attached is the .apk (unzip the apk and push to system\app) and what the widget looks like.

Thank you again for an awesome theme.

Attachments

• snap20100913_081457.png
    snap20100913_081457.png
    117 KB · Views: 242
  • snap20100913_082840.png
    snap20100913_082840.png
    126.7 KB · Views: 240
  • com.slacker.radio-1.zip
    893.9 KB · Views: 145

billygalbreath

Developer
Reaction score
Do you plan to port this to ShadowRom soon? This theme is SICK! I would personally run it as my favorite! Very nice work! :D

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Do you plan to port this to ShadowRom soon? This theme is SICK! I would personally run it as my favorite! Very nice work! :D

Just about done!!! Need to invert calendar and should be done.

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Theme is now available for ShadowROM!!!

dboss007

Reaction score
Have to say I love the theme. One thing I noticed that I was wondering if you could look into...The GoogleQuickSearchBox app, when I have a history/previous search displayed there, the background to edit that search item is all white. It really clashes with the rest of the theme IMO. Anyway could you take a look and see if a fix is possible?

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Have to say I love the theme. One thing I noticed that I was wondering if you could look into...The GoogleQuickSearchBox app, when I have a history/previous search displayed there, the background to edit that search item is all white. It really clashes with the rest of the theme IMO. Anyway could you take a look and see if a fix is possible?

Can you take a pic of the area and point it out for me, please.

dboss007

Reaction score

Can you take a pic of the area and point it out for me, please.

Attached. Thanks!

Attachments

• CAP201009150503.jpg
    CAP201009150503.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 240