[THEME] I Present to You... Chrome for UD 2.3

dustyewebb

Reaction score
Thanks Dusty!

I believe someone is working on inverting twitter right now and I do not want to do it and mess with that. It's their baby. Once done though, I can certainly chrome it out for everyone and post it here :)

That would be great! Thanks again for an amazing theme! Are you doing other app theme requests? Just curious. Got chrome on the brain lol....careful folks its contagious!

sent via telepathy

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I actually have a few other apps already done. I just had to remove them from my theme due to space. So many people are running so many apps already in the /system folder that when I incuded everything, the theme won't install.

I have no problems taking requests... what are you looking to theme?

lsdozer

Reaction score
I'll figure it out. something must have gone haywire. Not sure what though.. As always though, I have a couple ideas to test out. I am finishing up Gold theme right now for the D1. After that, I am going to hammer this Dinc thing out. tonight hopefully.

No Rush, I am so busy right now, my droiding time is almost completely gone! Freaking sucks.

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I actually have a few other apps already done. I just had to remove them from my theme due to space. So many people are running so many apps already in the /system folder that when I incuded everything, the theme won't install.

I have no problems taking requests... what are you looking to theme?

X--id be happy to test a theme of everything you have to put in it, as i keep a very slimmed and trimmed backup of the stock rom, ive never had the storage space issue when installing your themes, or anyone else's for that matter...at any given time i have slightly over 200mb free out of the 262mb internal storage available

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Handcent was requested.. It is now in the OP.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Isdozer.... check the permissions on your /system folder. It may be in read only mode. Let me know.. Ill keep looking if not.

Well, I went into root explorer and changed /system to r/w and it didnt help.

Then I went into /system and changed permissions

Any suggestions?

Ultra, did you get it working?

No I did not. On my Dinc, I got an installation error, and PMd xkape last night with the details. I suggested that the problem may be in the naming of the theme file - but I'm not a tech person - just an end user.

-Mike

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I will try something else. What I tried to do was, port my theme with the universal porter thing using 2.3 for the Dinc as the stock ROM and my 2.3 D1 as the theme to port. All did not go well obviously. Funny thing is, it worked on 2.1 for Red and for Gold.

I need a Dinc so I can just strt trying stuff and flashing like crazy till it works.

dustyewebb

Reaction score
Lol it was handsent I wanted themed. Also maybe an icon for root explorer if it easy to do. Tried to install themed handsent and installation was aborted

sent via telepathy

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
install aborted eh? I amgetting ready to make it for Red.. let me just play around a little nit and see where the issue is arising. Handcent themeing is new to me. Were you using CW or SPR to install by the way?

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
dusty... also, I was thinking you wawnted the whole thing themed. I just did the icons and such. I'll get it working. probably be tomorrow cause right now its 1:30am and I am beat down.

dustyewebb

Reaction score
Thanks alot. I am using sprecovery. Look forward to seeing it!

sent via telepathy

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
hmm. that could be it right there. I made the update for CW.. Il look into it though I promise.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I will try something else. What I tried to do was, port my theme with the universal porter thing using 2.3 for the Dinc as the stock ROM and my 2.3 D1 as the theme to port. All did not go well obviously. Funny thing is, it worked on 2.1 for Red and for Gold.

I need a Dinc so I can just strt trying stuff and flashing like crazy till it works.

The Dinc is actually my *favorite*, of the three android phones I have. It's very quick & responsive and being an early model, has a beautiful AMOLED screen.

-Mike

lsdozer

Reaction score
I like the dinc also, I have the D1 and the D2, and it is better than both, but my dinc is slcd.. I havent even seen the amoled, so the slcd is fine with me!

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I like the dinc also, I have the D1 and the D2, and it is better than both, but my dinc is slcd.. I havent even seen the amoled, so the slcd is fine with me!

The AMOLED screen was what shipped with the original Dincs. I preordered the one I have back in April and received it actually a day early - before it went on sale. The screen was made by Samsung but for some reason, they couldn't keep up with the demand. Soon the Dinc was unavailable - on backorder they said - and when it WAS available again, HTC had switched from the battery hungry AMOLED display to the SLCD one. Samsung was probably hoarding the AMOLED screens for their own line of phones, but whatever, the earlier Dincs were AMOLED, the later ones SLCD. Chief difference between them is quality of the display (AMOLED is *gorgeous* to look at) and battery life. It's a trade-off, but I'm very happy with the one I have.

-Mike