Theming Guide for changing system text settings.

stratt

Reaction score
Ok, you are doing 9 to decompile. Go to /res/values to edit styles.xml. Save the file and go back to apk manager. Then do 11 to compile, and then 12 to sign. Taking the repacked-signed.apk and renaming to framework-res.apk.

How are you pushing it to the system?
yes. I am just renaming it to framework-res, not framework-res.apk as it should already be an apk, right? I am pushing it with adb and pushing to system/framework

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Don't assume, turn you extensions on to make sure.

tjkriegel

Reaction score
Same here as well... boot loops after adding modified drawable-hdpi and layout folders in the apk. Does boot with the -V4 extensions on the folders before changing .pngs and layout .xml's but getting multiple fc's. I'm using HxD to modify the styles.xml, could that be causing the issue?

Last edited:

stratt

Reaction score
Same here as well... boot loops after adding modified drawable-hdpi and layout folders in the apk. Does boot with the -V4 extensions on the folders before changing .pngs and layout .xml's but getting multiple fc's. I'm using HxD to modify the styles.xml, could that be causing the issue?

Ya, I did a decompile, compile, sign of a stock framework without modding anything. Still loops. I really wanna figure this out.

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try doing that adb push in recovery or use an update.zip. I use an update.zip and have no issues so far.

edit: here is a template update.zip if anyone whats to try it template_update.zip

Last edited:
OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How about this? Anyone interested in how to changed the color of the lockscreen?
4f7ec29f.jpg

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How about this? Anyone interested in how to changed the color of the lockscreen?
4f7ec29f.jpg

you bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PM me I I keep getting Boot loops when I try to change it!!!!!!

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am going to post the edited xmls of the lockscreen so others can have it without going through the whole process.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
On the non-hex modifications, is there any way to make them a color other than black or white?

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
On the non-hex modifications, is there any way to make them a color other than black or white?

yes go into values/color and find where it calls to the two color and change them to what you like

ie: Im working with an Orange theme so I cange them to Norad orange

Code:
<color name="white">#ffffaa00</color>
         <color name="black">#ffffaa00</color>

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

yes go into values/color and find where it calls to the two color and change them to what you like

ie: Im working with an Orange theme so I cange them to Norad orange

Code:
<color name="white">#ffffaa00</color>
         <color name="black">#ffffaa00</color>
That's badass....thank you sir....

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
FYI Bowers I found out how to change the lock screen without adding anything to the XML!!!

Woooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooooo my quest is over!!!!!

snap20100731161101.png