Theming Guide for changing system text settings.

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
FYI Bowers I found out how to change the lock screen without adding anything to the XML!!!

Woooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooooo my quest is over!!!!!

snap20100731161101.png

Then do share!!

Also with using others colors for text you can change other things in the colors.xml. Like the foreground colors, but it will change them system wide and not just for one specific area.

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
FYI Bowers I found out how to change the lock screen without adding anything to the XML!!!

snap20100731161101.png

Then do share!!

Also with using others colors for text you can change other things in the colors.xml. Like the foreground colors, but it will change them system wide and not just for one specific area.

Ill hit you up when I get off work

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Added the lockscreen xmls that can easily be edited for any color in the OP with instructions.

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score

snap20100731161101.png

Then do share!!

Ill hit you up when I get off work

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
i want to do that,it would match my orange theme perfect

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anyone interested in being able to change colors in the statusbar or drop down for apps that make it only black? Many apps use there own xml for ongoing status and are just black. Before you could change to white by point to another uid of that color in the colors.xml. I now have added color values to these areas in the xml. That way you can have you custom color there instead.

Anyways let me know. I have the music one done right now. Will more then likely be doing Pandora as well.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am interested in all your info bruther....This is helping me tremendously with my current WIP. Thanks again.

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
I am interested in all your info bruther....This is helping me tremendously with my current WIP. Thanks again.

me to everything you post im trying, the earlier poster said he figured out how to change the lockscreen without adding to the xml,how did he do that,is it the same way you posted in the OP

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Any change I make gives me a whole slew of errors. I'm using HxD to edit them. Is that ok?

Also when overwriting the existing code, do we just type right over it? Sorry for the noob questions. I'm still learning.

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

me to everything you post im trying, the earlier poster said he figured out how to change the lockscreen without adding to the xml,how did he do that,is it the same way you posted in the OP

He hasn't told me how he did it. But I sure he had to decompile the framework-res and edit the styles.xml or colors.xml.

statusbar.xml for music is below. Just rename the .zip to .xml and edit with hex editor for desired color. Then place in /res/layout folder of music.apk

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Any change I make gives me a whole slew of errors. I'm using HxD to edit them. Is that ok?

Also when overwriting the existing code, do we just type right over it? Sorry for the noob questions. I'm still learning.

which ones are you doing in HxD? If doing the lockscreen or statusbar ones. Just do a search for 08 00 00 1c the next 4 sets are the color code backwards.

like this for my sample color of pink ff00ae is the regular hex color code

ff = red
00 = green
ae = blue

in hxd it would be like this

AE 00 FF FF

ae = blue
00 = green
ff = red
ff = alpha

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

which ones are you doing in HxD? If doing the lockscreen or statusbar ones. Just do a search for 08 00 00 1c the next 4 sets are the color code backwards.

ff = red
00 = green
ae = blue

AE 00 FF FF

ae = blue
00 = green
ff = red
ff = alpha
Trying to do the button text. I'm simply typing over the text on the right side...

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
so im on linux,i downloaded and extracted the apk manager,i cd to apk manager chmod everything as stated, run the script and i get the apk manager options. place the framework-res.apk in the modding folder, hit number 9 and it doesnt do anything,the apk manger window flashes, but no read out and goes back to the list of options,any idea,lol linux makes everything harder

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

ff = red
00 = green
ae = blue

AE 00 FF FF

ae = blue
00 = green
ff = red
ff = alpha
Trying to do the button text. I'm simply typing over the text on the right side...

The ones in styles.xml like the button text are decompiled xml's. Open them with notepad or notepad++.

so im on linux,i downloaded and extracted the apk manager,i cd to apk manager chmod everything as stated, run the script and i get the apk manager options. place the framework-res.apk in the modding folder, hit number 9 and it doesnt do anything,the apk manger window flashes, but no read out and goes back to the list of options,any idea,lol linux makes everything harder

Do you have a folder with the apk manager folder system that says "out"? The decompiled .apk goes to that folder. It has nothing to do with the prompt window after that.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
thebowers said:
The ones in styles.xml like the button text are decompiled xml's. Open them with notepad or notepad++.

Thanks sir...I'll check it out.