"Turn off screen during calls" isn't working

dan j

Reaction score
I don't know when the problem started, but it was a while ago. I was hoping lollipop would fix it but it's still really glitchy. Any advice?

Thanks

I believe even the s3 has it under the glass. I'd have to check, but I think my old Galaxy nexus did too.

You're thinking WAY back. Haha!

Sent from my Note 4

If I'm understanding correctly a spec of dust would have the opposite effect of what they're experiencing by "seeing" the sensor covered by a cheek and turning off/staying off. Aren't they saying it will not turn off?
Dan J, are you using the stock dialer?

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Was there a setting for that on the S4? Under call settings or Display maybe? I almost think I remember something, but maybe I'm thinking of "Power button ends call," which is definitely not the solution.

Settings // Call //

3597912a1ef9188a4b611b8412d93415.jpg

Sorry for the delayed response.

It's a non-rooted Verizon S4
It's turned on in the settings but it rarely works. The screen goes dark as soon as a call is placed/answered and rarely flashes on when I take the phone away from my ear. Very annoying.

If it's turned off in the settings it does nothing, as it should.

Thanks

Your going to need an FDR then to see if it corrects the issue, Backup all your data and keeps us informed of your progress! :)

Your going to need an FDR then to see if it corrects the issue, Backup all your data and keeps us informed of your progress! :)
Ugh. If that's the only option left I think I'll live with the PITA situation.

Back