Unleashed 2.5! Blur-Be-Gone Spray for all those annoying bugs!

Matt4542

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
This is a re-release. The reason the last release was pulled was because things that I did not notice during testing were happening. Various applications were crashing and other bugs. Sorry for the issues.

Webst3r for helping me with the original black bar port.
JRummy16 for helping me with the services.jar
RobStemen for the amazing boot animation
tgwaste for the framework-res.apk and the custom icons(vibrate and the battery) and the MMS icons for better look on the black status bar.
To all my beta testers in the #epicrom IRC(If you go to the IRC and are there regularly you will be able to get pre-releases or beta releases of the rom to try and test and report bugs back to me)

Changelog:
Bug fixes
New black notification bar
Updated stock applications

What is included:
Black notification bar.
HTC Clock Widget
Motoblur mostly removed
Modified messaging application(Credit to Cyanogen)
Chips-Ahoy Cookies :)

Screen shots are here

Download is here (You click "here" :p)

For support please join my IRC chat at http://www.webchat.freenode.net in channel #epicrom.

Please if you feel it right to, donate. I am trying to get enough money to but a DROIDX to also develop on there. Please if you would like to donate here. Please read the whole page.

If anyone posts a fix below in the responses please do not attempt to use it or do anything with it until I confirm it is a legitimate fix or if it will do damage to your device.

I hope you enjoy!

metman87

Reaction score
thanks a lot. ignore the guys on xda who are just *****ing over nothing. keep up the great work dancedroid

R3define

Reaction score
So I followed the instructions on the Unleased 2.0 thread. I think I did everything but when I installed from SD card in Rom Manager it rebooted and looked like it was installing, then it rebooted again and it's still the stock Rom? What did I miss?

vargoose84

Reaction score
So I followed the instructions on the Unleased 2.0 thread. I think I did everything but when I installed from SD card in Rom Manager it rebooted and looked like it was installing, then it rebooted again and it's still the stock Rom? What did I miss?

Yeah, same here, except it was for the Epic 1.1, and I just tried the 2.5 seems like the stock OS is still there.

UPDATE: So If I followed instructions to the T I would not have this issue. I forgot to "mount /system" in recover mode. After doing so, installing the ROM worked like a charm.

R3define

Reaction score
I actually got it as well. Awesome job man. Only question. My phone contacts don't show up. If I make a new one I can link it to another contact but it still doesn't show up when you sport by phone contacts.

firefurby

Reaction score
This ROM is EPIC!!

I've been monitoring your ROM since your initial release. Especially since I hate bloatware on my phone, so I was really excited to see how this would go. I'm very pleased with this release. You are doing a great job!

Just for everyone's reference here are some benchmark results:
Stock
Quadrant Standard​
Linpack​
1 - 1390​
1 - 12.856​
2 - 1353​
2 - 13.935​
3 - 1491​
3 - 13.940​
4 - 1448​
4 - 10.643​
5 - 1475​
5 - 11.804​

Epic 2.5 Re-Release
Quadrant Standard​
Linpack​
1 - 1310​
1 - 12.860​
2 - 1426​
2 - 14.304​
3 - 1490​
3 - 13.743​
4 - 1467​
4 - 14.365​
5 - 1501​
5 - 14.109​

vargoose84

Reaction score
I actually got it as well. Awesome job man. Only question. My phone contacts don't show up. If I make a new one I can link it to another contact but it still doesn't show up when you sport by phone contacts.

I assume you use backup assistant. I have the same issue. It seems removing backup assistant removes phone contacts? I have my google contacts, but not my verizon contacts.

Also, anyone notice that it is much harder to long-click an app on the home screen and drag it to either side? Perhaps the tolerance values for moving apps need to be a little more relaxed?

firefurby

Reaction score
Just to be clear, this epic update is for the droid 2 right?

Yes sir. You're in the right place.

Anyone gotten the contacts quick tasks widget to work? I can add people, but not tasks. It keeps saying i need to make the widget larger, but I can't resize the widget. TIA

natef53

Reaction score
Hey I am having a few issues with the 2.5 build, wondered if anyone else was experiencing the same.

The fancy widget that is supposed to display time and weather only seems to display the time. I cannot get the weather to show up any way I set it up.

The other thing, the one that forced me to go back to stock 2.2, the calendar widget does not seem to work. The phone allows me to go through every step to add the widget to my main screen but after I select which calendars I would like to display and click OK, the widget never shows up.

I was amazed at how fast the nearly vanilla android was running on the droid 2 but I really value having the calendar option front and center and don't think I can get along without it!

Thanks for your time and effort thus far Matt!

dragmycorpse

Reaction score
when i try to run scripts it says not found. like i'll go su then mountsys and it says not found...anyone else have that problem?