Using voice to make notes

titleman

Reaction score
Are there some way with the droid M to make notes using voice commands. What I'm looking for is to be working, probably outside, and remember I need to pick something up the next time I visit a hardware store, which may be two or three weeks. I want to grab my phone, push a couple of keys and leave myself a note. I may also later in the day remember something that is coming up later in the week and would want to make note of that.

Are there a way the above can be accomplished?

Please remember I'm a senior and we need all the help we can get in helping us remember.

Thanks.

You can download a notes app from the app store or my favorite feature. Google Now. You can open up Google Now and say "OK Google, set a reminder."

There are quite a few different ways to do that. It kind of comes down to personal preference and how "techie" you want to be. As @droideddie13 stated, Google Now is built into the phone and will allow you to speak reminders and the phone will remind you on that Day/Time. Once you get Google Now configured (if it's not already configured) it works pretty good for all kinds of voice searches, actions. Another option is a good Notepad app. There are many free apps on the Play Store, look for note apps with 4 -5 star ratings. Evernote and Color Notes are very popular examples. I have used Color Note for a while and like it a lot (you can assign colors to notes for easy sorting & referencing later). Simply open a "new note" (usually the + symbol creates a new record) and when the keyboard opens, tap the microphone symbol and speak your note, then save it. With a few button taps you can then set reminders for whatever day / time you want to be reminded, if you want to. It kind of depends on whether you want reminders only or a list of Notes you can browse & edit at any time.

Back