Verizon Foxfi Problem!!!

jsandy

Reaction score
Foxfi wireless tether stopped working tonight on both my Verizon Note 4 and my wife's S4. We both have unlimited plans but we are on different accounts. I use a large amount of data, she uses hardly any. I am located in central Sussex County, Delaware, I can connect my phone and laptop by usb but I can not connect to anything, i.e. Ipad, Smart Tv, laptop, wirelessly. Someone else posted over on XDA that they were having a similar problem with a Verizon Note 4 and Foxfi. Any idea what is going on and if there is a work around?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
We're having problems connecting our two S5's as well. These types of "outages" happen every once in awhile. Hopefully it'll be up and running tomorrow.

OP
J

jsandy

Reaction score
Call me chicken little. Mine is back up and running normally. It is worrisome to see so many go down at the same time. Other people over at XDA pointed out that the reviews on Playstore indicated that the disruption was wide spread. Don't know if it was Big Red flexing its muscle or tweaking the system.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Glad to see everyone else is back up as well. Mine is up and running, and better than ever I might add. It now connects in a fraction of the time it did before the outage.
I'm not sure if Vzw or FF was responsible, but as previously mentioned, this happens every once in a blue moon. It's usually nothing to worry about, just a minor inconvenience.

OP
J

jsandy

Reaction score
FoxFi quit working again. I'm on a Verizon unlimited plan and when I try to activate the wireless hotspot I get Verizons error message. Doesn't appear to be just me because the latest feedback on the app in the Play Store indicates that the problem is widespread

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yep..happened to my note edge last night too...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Us too but this isn't unusual. It happens every couple months or so, and has ever since I've been using the app. It's usually only down for 24-48 hours and then it'll come back up. I never have been able to determine if its a FoxFi thing or what since those guys rarely, if ever respond to emails anymore. Just keep trying over the next day or so, it'll come back up.
I use Wireless Tether Router as a backup, works great once you configure it to your particular device.
The Play Store has allowed most tether apps back on the market, but most of them don't work. (Or I should say, haven't worked for me) FoxFi & WTR are the only two reliable tether apps I've ever come across.

S5 tap'n

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Thanx for the info.

Reactions: cr6

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Nope..not so far..

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Don't recall it ever being down for this long. 48 hrs tops. (We're a little over 72 right now)
Wireless Tether Router has been working great though, so for those of you that are rooted check it out. $2.80 in the Play Store. Phone runs warmer and it tears through your battery quick, but it's dependable.

S5 tap'n

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This has something to do with their new judgement they have against them..I'm very sure of that

OP
J

jsandy

Reaction score
Call me a pessimist but I think that this might be the end of the line for FoxFi. I (and my family) have bought my last Samsung phone. Next stop Nexus 6P!