Video failure

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Try getting an sd card that reads at least 70 mb/s. Should get you where you want to be.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
aarong03

aarong03

Reaction score
Well just tried to record to the sd card and got the error message after trying to watch video. But i had recorded a couple before and it worked ok.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
aarong03

aarong03

Reaction score
Well the last few videos i made didn't work either. Both were in fhd format and saved to the sd card. The third video made was saved to phone, and is able to be watched. So the issue is with the sd card. I'm going to get the 80mb/s and see if that helps. I will try formatting the sd card again and see too.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted. A faster card can cram more data faster and spit it out as well. They are not that expensive anymore. I got a 128 card running at close to 90 for a little over 50 bucks a week or two ago.

OP
aarong03

aarong03

Reaction score
Another update, tried recording video in QHD, and it performed flawlessly. No failure on playback and record speed is almost instant, no delay. I will do some more testing, but at recording at those setting with my slower card, the videos would've failed. So, I recommend a SD card with 80mb/s or more for use in the S7 phones.

OP
aarong03

aarong03

Reaction score
Well I tried filming in QHD and it worked without any issues. There was no delay from when I pressed the stop button. Playback worked perfectly. So coming out of this thread, I would suggest getting an SD card that writes at no less than 80 mbs/s.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Glad it worked out. All I know about digital photography is that a good camera can be great with the right SD card. I got this tidbit of knowledge form my brother, the lighting engineer. :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Update: Still recording videos without any issues, since going to the higher speed card.
Fantastic! This is pretty conclusive evidence of the importance of a high quality, fast card. The cameras on these phones chew up data very quickly, so it makes sense that a slow card could have trouble keeping up with the video recording rates in which they are using data.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Funny that the phone software couldn't compensate for the trouble it had writing to the card as the video is filmed (which I assume is the case) and just temporarily store it on the phone and then transfer it to the SD card when the device isn't being taxed by recording video/audio, but I get it and I'm glad to know this information if I end up with another device with an SD slot down the road. Though, I'm pretty sold on sticking with Nexus devices for at the very least my next phone. When I had the S4, I swore I was going back to Nexus, then I got the Note 4 and swore the same. Think I'll stick in this camp for a while even after the 2 years that I promised my wife I'd keep the 6P is up.