Weird icon?

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
screenshot.png
A completely unknown(to me) icon appeared in my status bar this morning. Does anyone know what this means? I apologize for the picture, but it's the best that i can do. Thanks.:p

You may have to describe the icon because it is too hard to see it in that screen shot.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You may have to describe the icon because it is too hard to see it in that screen shot.

OK. It's "greyed out". A lightning bolt facing down, with an underlined arrow, on the right, also facing down.

I believe it means you're using both wifi and data to download files so that the download will be faster than if you were just using wifi.

I believe it means you're using both wifi and data to download files so that the download will be faster than if you were just using wifi.

OK. So how do i correct this, since i only want wifi, so i can conserve the battery?

You were right. It was the "download booster". Somehow it got toggled to the on position. Thanks for the help.:p

You were right. It was the "download booster". Somehow it got toggled to the on position. Thanks for the help.:p
Glad you found the toggle. I actually just discovered this myself.

Back