Welcome to the LG Spectrum 2 Forums!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome to the LG Spectrum 2 Forums everyone! This phone is a great follow up to the Spectrum. It's packed with some great specs and awesome features. Here's a quick overview:

The Spectrum 2 by LG creates a unique wireless experience thanks to an ecosystem of features and accessories, allowing customers to avoid cables. The unique battery cover allows wireless charging, and it’s included at no additional cost. Contacts, maps and websites can be shared wirelessly using near-field communications (NFC), by tapping two compatible phones together. NFC can also be used with the included reprogrammable LG Tag+ stickers to create special smartphone modes for the office, home or car by tapping the stickers with the Spectrum 2 by LG. SmartShare also makes it possible to wirelessly view pictures and watch videos on a DLNA-enabled device.

The 4.7-inch True HD display will make the Spectrum 2 by LG stand out by enhancing the viewing experience when streaming movies, playing games and browsing the Web. The HD display, paired with Corning® Gorilla® Glass, delivers vivid and accurate colors, crisp, sharp text and clear images. Apps such as viewdini, make it easier than ever to find TV shows and movies that users can enjoy right on their Spectrum 2 by LG. Football fans will also be able to take advantage of the screen combined with 4G LTE speeds to watch live games for an unrivaled viewing experience.

The Spectrum 2 by LG helps to capture precious moments with its 8-megapixel camera and then takes it a step farther with its Advanced Image Editor and Video Wiz features. With these features, customers will have an editing studio in their hands to crop, rotate and add effects to photos and other multimedia documents that they can then share with friends over 4G LTE. The 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera allows customers to video chat with friends and family to easily stay in touch from virtually anywhere. Additional camera features include 1080p HD video recording, Intelligent Panorama Shot and Time Catch Shot to take photos before pressing the shutter button.

SPECS:
  • Wireless charging capabilities thanks to the unique battery cover included in the box
  • 4.7-inch True HD Advanced High Performance (AH) In-Plane-Switching (IPS) display
  • Global Ready™ so customers can have voice and data service in more than 220 countries
  • Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Krait 1.5 GHz dual-core processor
  • Mobile Hotspot to share a 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
  • 16 GB of internal storage (formatted capacity is less) with microSD memory card support of up to 32 GB
  • QuickMemo™ allows customers to capture screenshots and add their own personalized commentary or drawings with a finger
  • Bluetooth® Version 4.0

artinattleboro

Reaction score
Hi CK

Are we the only two that own this phone?:) I've only had it 3 days, came from Droid X2, this is so much better.
I hope more people realize how great this phone is and we get some developers to make some roms.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I don't own it but I'm surprised not more people are jumping on it. It's an awesome phone. Post up a video if you have time, I'd love to see you take us on a test drive

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Hi CK

Are we the only two that own this phone?:) I've only had it 3 days, came from Droid X2, this is so much better.
I hope more people realize how great this phone is and we get some developers to make some roms.

I am working on getting one to DEV on......

artinattleboro

Reaction score
xXxGeek I used your tips and tricks to root my Spectrum2 the day I got.:biggrin: Worked great.

Thanks

Art

micrors4

Reaction score
Just picked up a Spectrum 2 and am loving it so far coming from a droid 2, it is worlds a part. Never really knew much about it but decided that it seemed to have decent specs and for $50 I couldn't beat the price, hopefully we will see some custom roms for it once more people discover it.

artinattleboro

Reaction score
Spectrum2

I moved from a DroidX2 running JB rom (CM10). This phone on ICS is miles ahead of the X2.
The speed is great, 4g in my area is spotty, but wifi is very stable and finds all networks, the X2 only finds some and has issues connecting at times.
This is a work phone, so I was limited in what I could choose for my upgrade. The Spectrum1 was the best phone on the list, under $50 (works limit).
I was amazed when I opened the box and there was a Spectrum2 can't believe a two month old phone for $50. The price should make it attractive to a lot of people, hopefully some devs :biggrin:

micrors4

Reaction score
I don't have any experience with making custom roms, but I have a few old phones I will try to learn on and at least see if I can get a stock version of ICS running on the spectrum 2 as well as CWM.

spect2owner

Reaction score
I am also a proud owner of the wonderful LG2. I'm not a real techie when it comes to rooting phones but even stock this phone rivals the S3 and I5 in terms of screen size clarity camera etc.etc. I had the DroidInc prior and so glad I bought this phone instead of the higher end phones this phone is Great in my opinion.

asianflavor

Reaction score
New Owner

I will be getting my Spectrum 2 Wed. I'm coming from Rezound and getting this phone as a replacement. Everything I read has been good about this phone. One question, since we have root, has anyone been able to get Wifi Tether to work. I use it religiously with the Rez to tether my work laptop to surf the net. Is there any good tether app, wifi, bluetooth, or USB?

asianflavor

Reaction score
I managed to get WiFi Tether to work by using the generic ICS/JB Wlan0 profile. You can download it free from here: android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

I do thank you. That is the same wifi tether program I am using with my Rez. I have 3.2 beta 2. Is that the one you are using? I'm getting stoked now for this phone.

Edit: I just read that you want to see about getting ICS AOSP running on this phone. If the bootloader is locked, do we need to used the 2nd INIT method? Wonder if that would be easier to build a custom ROM like Motorola devices?

micrors4

Reaction score
I am using the 3.1 beta 14 but I would imagine the version you are using will work just the same, I am not sure how I will go about getting custom ROMS on the device as it was just an idea I was playing with if there is no one else that makes anything for this awesome phone. I am soon going to start my next semester so I won't have much time to work on it, but if there is still nothing by May I might start developing something myself so keep fingers crossed for a better dev to pick up this phone and make something.

asianflavor

Reaction score
Thanks for your answer... now i am trying to leave work early to get my phone. You may want to head over to androidforums to see what was posted about the LG Optimus LTE2. There is someone that did get 2nd INIT recovery to boot and has a working CM10 rom in his github. I'm not sure if it would work on the Spec2, but the recovery has worked on the LG Motion. May take a swing after the weekend, I just hate to brick this new phone until I get to have some fun with it.

Edit: Been playing with this phone for 3 hours. Rooted it with no problems. Thanks micrors4 again for Wifi Tether help. I had to downgrade to the market version but it is working great. Now time for some BLOPS 2 online.