Welcome to the LG Spectrum 2 Forums!

micrors4

Reaction score
If this wasn't my main phone I would try it but without a known way to unbrick these devices I'm not sure I want to try this, but let me know if you do try it and how it works out.

JimiMack

Reaction score
If this wasn't my main phone I would try it but without a known way to unbrick these devices I'm not sure I want to try this, but let me know if you do try it and how it works out.

You can recover from a Soft Brick from the link below, but I can understand your concern. I am due to receive mine today, after rooting I will see about what else can be done. I am just hoping someone figures out how to unlock the bootloader, then we can have some fun.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/lg-spectrum-2/232208-rooting-lg-spectrum-2-essential-tips-tricks.html#post2346847

asianflavor

Reaction score
I'm going to look around this weekend about the 2nd init recovery for the LTE2, if I have time. I am going to look at the Droid X source for thier 2nd INIT bootstrap. I still have my Droid X. I will also clear my Rezound build box and pull the LTE2 CM10 code from github to see if it's compatilble. I'm not a programmer by any means but this phone needs to get some love. I see that Neph is a good guy to talk to about this phone. Is there any other LG guys that we could talk to? Someone that is up for a challenge.

asianflavor

Reaction score
Alright. I did find the 2nd init bootstrap to recovery. The guy who did all the work is 95hPaKicK. Seems like this guy is very busy. He's a Korean dev that has a lot of phones. He setup a github with his work. Just go to github and look up his work. He does have a stable CM10 for the LTE2, the Korean version of the Spectrum 2. I did take a peek at the code. I'm not a 100% percent if it would work. This is my first LG smartphone, so I'm not sure the compatiblity with the US\foreign couterparts. I did load up the bootstrap recovery. It is same bootstrap program as the Droid X. It does say Success when I had it flash the recovery. It does reboot but I get a black screen. This could be happening since I grabbed the recovery from a thread for the Motion 4g. I was able to reboot the phone by hitting the power button twice, so something is there lurking in the dark. I did PM 985hPaKick at XDA but he has not been logged in since Nov. Hopefully he will pop in over there and shoot me a message. I may have some time to tomorrow to look at more but I may be hitting my limit also. Let's hope for the best with this phone.

asianflavor

Reaction score
I am having issues with my build box. I am going to re-do it tonight if I have time. If not, I can remote into my computer Monday from work and see what else I can do to get the recovery to work. If anyone wants to look at what I found, here is the link:

MSM8960-common
LTE2 CM10 code

I also attached the bootstrap recovery for the LTE2. I won't have time to decompile but I should when I am at work.

View attachment lte2recovery.zip

Like I said before, I am no programmer by any means, but I like to tinker. Maybe this will attract some attention to real devs and we can have something.

JimiMack

Reaction score
I would love for someone to list the names of the apps they have been able to freeze and or remove. I am trying to get this unit down to the bare nothing and have soft bricked 3 times now as well as had to do two resets. And now all of a sudden I can not get Google contacts to sync, love and hate these learn by burned trials. :)

micrors4

Reaction score
I was able to remove all the verizon crapware with root uninstaller without any issues and I too was having an issue with getting google contacts to sync to another new phone but just gave up eventually and brought it to a vzw store to have them sync the new phone.

Asianflavor please keep us posted on your progress I know I would really like to at least get some method working of getting custom ROMS on this phone, wish I could be of more help but I have little knowledge in this area.

JimiMack

Reaction score
Micrors4 thanks. Every little bit helps. I know the right way to remove the apps would be do a single one at a time, but I am just too eager to get this thing stripped down. I can not wait till the bootloader gets unlocked, though I do not really see a community building yet for this unit. Dare I even wish for Jelly Bean.

asianflavor

Reaction score
Use the ability to disable the apps in apps info menu. This is a standard in ICS. You won't soft brick doing this. I will redo my build box during work. That's the only free time I get during the week.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2

JimiMack

Reaction score
Use the ability to disable the apps in apps info menu. This is a standard in ICS. You won't soft brick doing this. I will redo my build box during work. That's the only free time I get during the week.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2

Yeah done that, thanks though. I want to strip this down to the very bare bones and get all unnecessary software off the unit, not just the Amazon and Verizon bloatware.

asianflavor

Reaction score
Yeah done that, thanks though. I want to strip this down to the very bare bones and get all unnecessary software off the unit, not just the Amazon and Verizon bloatware.

No problem. And I just had my first scare of this phone. Was going to bed after replying to my last post, and my curiosity was getting to me. Did a quick look and saw that the Optimus 4x has a bootstrap recovery. Long story short, the CAB file for this phone can repair recovery bricks. Glad to know. Good night... /wiping sweat off my face.

JimiMack

Reaction score
No problem. And I just had my first scare of this phone. Was going to bed after replying to my last post, and my curiosity was getting to me. Did a quick look and saw that the Optimus 4x has a bootstrap recovery. Long story short, the CAB file for this phone can repair recovery bricks. Glad to know. Good night... /wiping sweat off my face.

Yes it was that Cab file that saved my back end after I bricked the unit the first time and each time since.

asianflavor

Reaction score
Alright. From what I have checked out, it seems that LTE2recovery is working. Except that it shows nothing on the screen. From what I found, it seems that it has CWM version 5.0.2.7. I am trying to see if I can run a backup but I can't remember the steps. Until I get home and load up CWM on one of my other phones to get the steps or someone can post the steps to do a backup with CWM (Used TWRP for my Rezound, that why I can't remember the steps.). If that is the issue, this is beyond my knowledge. The LTE2 recovery should work from what I looked at with the APK uncompressed.