Welcome to the LG Spectrum 2 Forums!

puckerfactor

Reaction score
Can you imagine the cost for a company to replace every phone for free that had a broken screen? I have a hard time believing that a phones screen would just shatter randomly so I understand why a company would charge to replace it, but $42 is pretty cheap. Apple would probably go out of business if they replaced every phone that had a cracked screen for free, just about every person that has owned an IPhone has cracked a display at least once.

It's entirely possible for glass to have flaws and simply fail. In my case, I did not drop the phone or abuse it any any way. I simply set it down and noticed it was cracked. Hard to say why, but it certainly did not take much impact to cause the crack. I'm sure that 99% of the time, cracked screens are from phones hitting hard objects at high rates of speeds, and agree that the phone makers would be out of business if they sent everyone a new phone every time they dropped their device and cracked the screen.

No doubt, $42 for what I got was a great deal. I was expecting to spend at least $100 just to have the old phone repaired...total surprise that they sent me a new device. Got to love that LG is taking care of its customers. I highly doubt that Apple would do the same.

agt7575

Reaction score
VZW are scumbags for locking this phone's bootloader down so much. I LOVE this phone.. I am coming from an HTC THunderbolt which was rooted and unlocked and never ran the stock rom for more than the first few days of owning the phone, until I learned how to root and unlock it. That is what is making me crazy right now with this phone. Its the best phone I have EVER owned, but I am itching to install a custom ROM and CMW bootloader/recovery that its driving me nuts!!!

C'mon people, SOMEONE here has to know someone, or know someone who knows someone who works for LG that could "leak" the unlock keys on the down-low.. LOL WE NEED THIS BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED if we will EVER get a chance to really see hwat this bad-boy phone can really do...

agt7575

Reaction score
Anyone try any good cases? I bought one off of ebay that is pretty slick, it is a hard plastic case with a silicone outer skin to protect it from drops, plus it has a kickstand in the back, but it is a little big for my tastes and the fit is a but tight because I assume is was meant for the korean LTE2 which doesn't have the inductive charger coil in the back. Any suggestions for slimmer cases?

Actually, the case & holster sold by VZW is pretty damn good. ITs a rubberized plastic shell that covers the back of the phone and a belt clip/holster that the phone slides into. Its like $30 at VZW but you can find it cheaper at Amazon for like $10-12. Just google "LG Spectrum 2 case with holster" and you'll get tons of places selling this case, even Ebay.

Layvin1

Reaction score
Caution! Most of the phone cases(not silicone covers) are made to fit the model sold with the standard battery cover. If your Spec 2 has the wireless charging battery cover like mine had , you'll find its about 1/8th inch thicker and most of the hard cover or hybrid style cases wont snap together.
Verizon accessory store was the only place i could find the standard battery cover.
I personally think this phone is also one of the best looking phones i have ever owned. I wish it was completely indestructible, i would much rather use it without a case. But its too nice not to protect .

smkunder

Reaction score
I got the black plastic hard case/holster from Amazon 8 bucks, same one that Verizon gets thirty bucks for. Fits well and seems to to do the job.

lonestarbandit

Reaction score
Caution! Most of the phone cases(not silicone covers) are made to fit the model sold with the standard battery cover. If your Spec 2 has the wireless charging battery cover like mine had , you'll find its about 1/8th inch thicker and most of the hard cover or hybrid style cases wont snap together.
Verizon accessory store was the only place i could find the standard battery cover.
I personally think this phone is also one of the best looking phones i have ever owned. I wish it was completely indestructible, i would much rather use it without a case. But its too nice not to protect .

The Trident Aegis case on Amazon fits the wireless charging battery door fine even though it says it is incompatible. I use wireless charging and it works fine.
Not to mention I would compare this case near to an Otterbox (my personal standard of excellence in cases) in terms of quality and protection.
0406130758_zpsd7c24382.jpg

Sent from my VS930 4G using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

JimiMack

Reaction score
The Trident Aegis case on Amazon fits the wireless charging battery door fine even though it says it is incompatible. I use wireless charging and it works fine.
Not to mention I would compare this case near to an Otterbox (my personal standard of excellence in cases) in terms of quality and protection.

Does that Trident Aegis case come with a slide in holster or one of pouch holsters?

lonestarbandit

Reaction score
Does that Trident Aegis case come with a slide in holster or one of pouch holsters?

No, it doesn't. But it does provide awesome corner, side and back protection. It won't save you in a direct screen hit but what case truly will.

It also provides a far superior grip and feel in the hand vs standard phone or TPU cases.

It comes in a few colors but I prefer the black model.

It stated on the box not compatible with wireless charging covers but clearly it is.

Perhaps they were referencing an aftermarket one as in for the vs920 vs ours which is standard?

In any case it works. Please see pic. Proof of charging.

Cheers!

JimiMack

Reaction score
Thanks, I have had Otterbox cases and holsters on most of my other units, I even had a Trident with holster on my ole Samsung Fassy and Rezound, would love something like that on this one as well.

JimiMack

Reaction score
A quick question: What success has everyone had with the Governor and IO settings so far on this phone?

micrors4

Reaction score
VZW are scumbags for locking this phone's bootloader down so much. I LOVE this phone.. I am coming from an HTC THunderbolt which was rooted and unlocked and never ran the stock rom for more than the first few days of owning the phone, until I learned how to root and unlock it. That is what is making me crazy right now with this phone. Its the best phone I have EVER owned, but I am itching to install a custom ROM and CMW bootloader/recovery that its driving me nuts!!!

C'mon people, SOMEONE here has to know someone, or know someone who knows someone who works for LG that could "leak" the unlock keys on the down-low.. LOL WE NEED THIS BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED if we will EVER get a chance to really see hwat this bad-boy phone can really do...

I think our best bet is to higher some good hacker to get the keys from LG's servers or rent a supercomputer and crack it with that.

lonestarbandit

Reaction score
I picked up a "tuff" case for less than $10 on eBay. It adds a fair amount of bulk, but adds a lot of protection and everything works fine. The one advantage of the Aegis case is that it seems to round off the corners a bit more. That said, I doubt that Aegis offers much if any more protection.

Rubberized Black White Tuff Protective Hard Cover Case for LG Spectrum 2 VS930 | eBay

Completely disagree. Seeing what that case is made of compared to the dual shell protection of the Trident the price alone should be a dead giveaway. If you want to believe your 10 dollar case offers sufficient protection for your expensive device suit yourself but the actual protection level vs perceived protection are nowhere near close. Also it's a gamble on if that case would allow wireless charging. Which the trident does.