Welcome to the Motorola Droid 3 Forum!

Hey

Reaction score
I would kill for a LTE equipped D3.
Seems to be the theme of not only this thread, but every anticipatory preview of the Droid 3 in existence. Hopefully the initial Verizon pricing on the device is set at something very affordable, or sales may be lackluster. A lot of keyboarders will just hold out until next summer and the Droid 4 with 4G LTE.

Or if the Droid 2 Global is any indication, they will release a revamped Droid 3 LTE by Christmas of this year.

hgrimberg

Reaction score
I would kill for a LTE equipped D3. I am surprised at the number of people who have no interest in physical keyboards anymore... makes me really sad.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Its because people don't write anymore. The push-button culture. They want all these great pieces of technology to play with games. Just consumerists.

jeffe65

Reaction score
I'm getting one the day they are made available. My D2 keeps freezing, dialing wrong numbers, shuts off and reboots on its own.....done.
Ever wonder y our phones starts messing up when its time 4 us 2 upgrade?

It's the same reason your car starts acting up when you test-drive newer models: Techno-jealousy. :icon_eek:

warped1987

Reaction score
I'm getting one the day they are made available. My D2 keeps freezing, dialing wrong numbers, shuts off and reboots on its own.....done.

SAME HERE! It's been pissing me off last few weeks. I had to un-root my phone, remove a bunch of cool apps I liked to have to pass the time, and brought it back to almost basic just to get it to function better, and it still froze on me today, and my games run slow as hell, and the battery life is garbage, I hate charging my phone 10 times a day.

The Droid 3 is looking to cure all those problems, but my only real problem is I just got my D2G in December, and I switched from AT&T, there was a lot of early termination fee's spent, the phone was expensive as hell too, and I'm gonna now have to turn around and sell the phone and put that money towards Full Retail of the D3, SUUUUUUUCKS

MrC1122

Reaction score
D3 is gonna be the lick imo, this is the one i've been waiting for. who cares if it has 4g or not, 3g suits me just fine. i've been extremely happy with my D1, so i think of it as an upgrade with 2x the speed and 2x the capability over the D1...can't wait!

darkmatter

Reaction score
I want one too. It would be perfect if I could install the screen from the Charge.

I must be one of the few who very much dislikes the screen on the charge. Don't get me wrong, its a bright, clear screen, but the colors are oversaturated. I can't play with the charge and not keep thinking about how wrong the colors are. The screen on the dx2, however, was clean, clear and with normal coloration.

guitarman608

Reaction score
No lte...why bother

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Maybe you see no point in bothering with it, but others see things quite differently. Would LTE be nice? Sure it would, but I need a global phone more than I need LTE. And since this is supposed to be global, when adding the specs it has and the improved keyboard, I'm all over it. There are also still a lot of kinks to work out with LTE in addition to it not being available everywhere. By the time the network and the technology matures, perhaps I won't need a GSM capable phone (or perhaps there will be more LTE networks deployed around the world, potentially making a LTE phone a global phone). But for the upcoming while, this is exactly what I need and want.

WHAT HE SAID!!dancedroid

Card

Reaction score
I'm having quite the internal crisis over this phone.

I got my first D1 on the day it came out. I'm now on my 3rd one, and I still love it despite the various issues I've had. But I think it's finally time to try something new. My Verizon NE2 is up on July 6th, and from what I've seen, the D3 should be out on the market by then. It all seems to be perfect timing, but I still have my reservations.

Here's how I see it. I love having a physical keyboard, and I really don't want a phone without one. But Verizon already has 4G coverage in my area, and it feels like a bit of a waste of my NE2 to buy a phone now that can't take advantage of this technology. On the other hand, my D1 is on it's way out (the right 10% or so of the screen has lost all touchscreen sensitivity), a couple of the keyboard buttons stick, and the casing has its fair share of scuffs and scratches. So the time is right to upgrade, but do I really want to get locked in with a phone that lacks 4G capability, when that obviously is the future of cell phone data transmission?

warped1987

Reaction score
Well if you really want the 4G then wait and upgrade to a 4G phone, I personally could care less because I am barely ever outside of my wireless

Card

Reaction score
Yeah, that's the issue I'm trying to work out. Verizon's 4G LTE network already has good coverage in my area, I'm just not 100% sure I really need it that bad. I'm content with my network speeds on 3G right now.

I guess I'll just wait until the phone is out and I can actually try it for myself before I decide.

Reaction score
Any further word on a release date for the Droid 3?? I contacted my govt rep and he didn't reveal anything other than he is getting one too.

warped1987

Reaction score
Also I won't be running out and getting the phone on day 1 either. I'm gonna wait a week and get some reviews from other people first, and figure out of it has a llocked bootloader

warped1987

Reaction score
Ugh, July?! That's lame. They better release GB for my Droid 2 Global this month then, I need something new and fun to play with

Card

Reaction score
July 7th. Hmm...That's precisely the day after my NE2 comes up. Perhaps this is fate...