What issues have you experienced with Droid Eris?

mamawm

Reaction score
good luck on your quest for those new phones. My husband came home last friday with a new droid charge. I think I finally quit drooling last night. it is a really nice phone, be sure to take a good look at it. Hegave me his original droid, so I'm still playing with something new and I have a bit more time to decide what to get, my upgrade is in august also. Keep us all posted.

vipurrr

Reaction score
eris pos

mamawm, The phone is brand new.... I just got my fourth eris... Maybe there are fixes for some of those problems, but I highly doubt there are fixes for all of those..(Same problems, every phone) Choose not to fix it? what do you know, besides everything apparently? I have had my phone (brand new mind you) into the service techs at verizon numerous times, Every time I take it to Verizon, they say the exact same thing.. I could be a verizon rep because The only words I need to know are "It just needs to be RESET!" Stupid retards, how many times can a phone be reset with no changes before they inform customers about these so called fixes you speak of? The point I made was that verizon put out a phone with nothing but problems, but they choose not to recognize the problems. they pretend the phone is great and that 'nobody else is having those problems.' Not once has verizon offered any sort of remedy or customer service to try to make me happy. As with most companies who lock you into 2 year contracts, the customer service ends the moment you sign the contract. Another of my friends saw this same post that I put on facebook, and she has the same problems.. Ask any Eris owner how they like it, they all feel the same way, they are "STUCK" with it til the contract comes up..

mamawm

Reaction score
Vipurrr, I did not mean to offend. I too had many of those same problems. The one that made me maddest was the phone won't ring problem. I rooted my phone the day the warranty ran out and was able to resolve most everything else. That being said, I do agree with you that one should not need to root a phone just to get it to work like it should. Sorry your experience had been so awful, I love my little eris but I know her days are numbered.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

vipurrr

Reaction score
thanks mamawm... To be honest, I don't even have a clue what rooting is.. My newest phone is still under warrantee so maybe when that runs up I will look into rooting it if I still have it.. ;) thanks again..

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
thanks mamawm... To be honest, I don't even have a clue what rooting is.. My newest phone is still under warrantee so maybe when that runs up I will look into rooting it if I still have it.. ;) thanks again..

This is what mamawm and I were referring to. :)

But to be honest, I have an Eris, rooted with 2.3 on it. LOVE IT. I have had no problems until the recent scrolling issue which is a hardware issue.

My wife has never rooted her Eris. She has had no complaints until the recent scrolling issue with hers. Again, a hardware issue. Both of our phones are a year and a half old now.

As mama eluded to, there were ways to work around the issues you experienced. By searching forums like these. Never run to Verizon until you've put the issue to the forum experts here.

lisajulia

Reaction score
HI...i came here looking for some much needed help. I haven't been able to find what i am looking for so far and i have been on google all day. I have a Droid Eris as well, and the problem that's killing me right now is the unresponsive touchscreen...not sure how else to word it...basically, when i try to type an email, the bottom row of letters are not responding to my touch. If i want to type the letter C, it does NOTHING...when i try to retrieve my voice mail i have to type in my password and one of the numbers is one of the ones not responding. I am going out of my mind and can't get my messages! I am not very techie so whatever suggestions you have try and keep it simple for this old gal. THANKS!!!!!

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
HI...i came here looking for some much needed help. I haven't been able to find what i am looking for so far and i have been on google all day. I have a Droid Eris as well, and the problem that's killing me right now is the unresponsive touchscreen...not sure how else to word it...basically, when i try to type an email, the bottom row of letters are not responding to my touch. If i want to type the letter C, it does NOTHING...when i try to retrieve my voice mail i have to type in my password and one of the numbers is one of the ones not responding. I am going out of my mind and can't get my messages! I am not very techie so whatever suggestions you have try and keep it simple for this old gal. THANKS!!!!!

This sounds like a hardware issue, unfortunately. Which means you need to call Verizon to see what your options are. I am guessing you are out of warranty. If you have the insurance you will have more options, but if not maybe you can get them to let you upgrade at a discounted price early.

Good luck.