Who uses their GNex as their daily phone?

baldybill

Reaction score
Who still uses their GNex as their daily phone?
And if you do use it daily, what ROM do you have on it?

Mine sits in a drawer with my fiance's old s3 as backups.

Last time we used it was via wifi with my square reader last summer to take debit/credit at our garage sale.

Sent from my Note 4

I sold my Gnex a long time ago. I think the last ROM I had it on was AOKP, which seemed to run the smoothest and to be the most stable. (I think it was AOKP, the one with the angry unicorn lol).

I use my Gnex daily. But mostly just for Pandora. The audio mod I have on it sounds better than my other devices. Here's the rom I was running before replacing it

Tapped from a Nexus 6

I also sold mine a long time ago and started on the Note series from the 2 to the 4. Sold the 4 and now all back on the Nexus 6!

Sent from my Nexus 6

Wow, I'm surprised I might be one of the few holdouts still using the Gnex. Thanks, y'all!

Unfortunately I'm still using mine. I was going to upgrade to the Turbo but being on the unlimited plan, I needed wireless tethering. Next up is the S6 but I'm going to hold out for the Active model for the battery. I keep my phones for >2 years so a worn out 3500 mAh batt is still better than a worn out 2550 batt. Fortunately, I have 2 extended batteries for my GN courtesy of the free promo.

I'm right there with you, Steveky. I like to hold a phone for 3+ years. I was eyeing the S6, but the non-removable battery was negative for me. I'm eyeing the LG G4 now.

Anyway, what ROM are you using right now on the Gnex?

I have the GNex for my backup to my S5, I'd still use the GNex if the battery use didn't suck so bad. And I used AOKP as well, was a long time crack flasher trying to get the best battery etc.

Retired my GNex after 3 years of service for the LG G3. Last rom I ran on it was Omnimetal by Metalspring. GNex sits on my desk. I top off the extended battery once a month in the event I ever need it in a pinch.

any other daily Galaxy Nexus users out there want to share what ROM they are using?

Back