Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You start reading. There are tutorials and scads of threads on the subject. If you read now you'll actually save time -- and possibly your phone -- than if you just ask. :)

However, if you run into any problems we'll be happy to try to help you fix them.

ghettolightshow

Reaction score
I'm looking for the z4root and I was wondering if anybody could give me a link to it...please and thank u

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you've updated to DL09, z4root won't work. Is that what you're on?

DroidForums Junkie!!

ghettolightshow

Reaction score
I was but than they just reupdated it again

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You can try it. Not positive it'll work though.

DroidForums Junkie!!

ghettolightshow

Reaction score
OK ya I have the dlo9 thing haha...bit do u know any other links or things that will let me root from phone to my phone?

afroman451

Reaction score
Ok so I downloaded the z4 root app and it says that my phone is rooted but I dont know what to do now so I need some help cause I dont want to accidently jack up my phone

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using DroidForums App

jawonder

Reaction score
Ok so I downloaded the z4 root app and it says that my phone is rooted but I dont know what to do now so I need some help cause I dont want to accidently jack up my phone

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using DroidForums App

Make sur you have an app call busybox normally z4root will download a copy for you but if you are not sure that you have it download the free version from then market open it , give it some time to do it's thing then it will tell you if you have a copy already if it says you do just exit the app then you can start with simple stuff like Wireless Tether use like a hotspot free in the market , Shoot me use to take pictures of your home screens free in market and and there are other apps that you can only use when you are rooted just search on the forums for rooted apps or apps for rooted phone . Play around with the for a while and read up on the forums on things a rooted phone can do . Then the sweetest thing installing roms read up on that and make sure you understand what is a rom and how to install it on a rooted phone . When you are ready to install a rom make sure and this is important make a backup which is called a nandroid backup . The first thing you should do is backup the Stock Rom you are on now because you'll need to go back to this when there is an update from you phone company . Rooting is great it allows you to have controle over your phone and do stuff you can't do normally . I change my rom everyday and i'm loving it once you get it it's easy to do . Nb. make sure the Rom you install is for your phone there many roms out there and for different phone the maker will always tell which phone it's for .

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Google one clock root.

ghettolightshow

Reaction score
Is it one clock or one click or I click? If u know can u just give Me the website or URL?

rhammon4

Reaction score
What r exactly the benefits od the root. Will it allow me to remove un wantwd like block buster. I have my fascinate pretty supped up allready with app planet. So wats the pros an cons

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
What r exactly the benefits od the root. Will it allow me to remove un wantwd like block buster. I have my fascinate pretty supped up allready with app planet. So wats the pros an cons

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums
Deleted.....

Yes it will allow you to remove all bloatware, run custom recovery to make nandroid backups, use root only apps like wireless tether, root explorer, setCPU etc, you will be able to flash undervolt and overclock kernels, new Roms, you can run VooDoo kernels, the list goes on..............

Last edited:
D

dankarlinski

This is all true. Just make sure you read up on the whole flashing process, and make sure you are comfortable using SBF in the extremely rare event something goes wrong

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

rwaustin

Reaction score
Where can I get it? I had it on my x and got a replacement unit and I cannot find it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums