29.99 Unlimited 4g data

Yeah I can't see the data being tiered in just one month's time. I would be surprised if tiered data was introduced for the Droid Bionic. It would only be Verizon's second or third 4G phone and I know millions of people are still out of 4G areas.

If you have a 29.99 plan now you dont need to get a new 29.99 plan for 4G if you get the phone and you have 4G in your area you get it because the Thunderbolt and the Bionic both will work on 3G or am I missing something

I just called Verizon and they said if you have the plan now its not gonna change and if it does your grandfathered in if you have one now

If you have a 29.99 plan now you dont need to get a new 29.99 plan for 4G if you get the phone and you have 4G in your area you get it because the Thunderbolt and the Bionic both will work on 3G or am I missing something

I just called Verizon and they said if you have the plan now its not gonna change and if it does your grandfathered in if you have one now

You will have to upgrade from you're 3G data plan to the 4G data plan. I found out the hard way. Verizon wont ativate the phone without the 4G plan.

You will have to upgrade from you're 3G data plan to the 4G data plan. I found out the hard way. Verizon wont ativate the phone without the 4G plan.

But, did you have to pay more?

No, because right now the 4G data plan is the same as the 3G data plan. So I'm paying the same.
Only big red knows if and when that will change. Heck for all I know it could stay as it is.

That's what I was wondering I don't think so if you didn't have one then yes but if you have a plan no 4g is not everywhere so a4g phone has to work on 3g and they don't have two seperate markets

It doesn't matter if your not yet in a 4G area. If you buy a 4G phone, they will only activated on a 4G plan. Please understand that the phone will still use 3G if your not in a 4G area. The codes on the computers are different for a 3G plan and a 4G plan. Trust me I tried.

It doesn't matter if your not yet in a 4G area. If you buy a 4G phone, they will only activated on a 4G plan. Please understand that the phone will still use 3G if your not in a 4G area. The codes on the computers are different for a 3G plan and a 4G plan. Trust me I tried.
Im on a 29.99 plan I just called Verizon said I wanted to buy a Thunderbolt would I have to change my plan ( pay more money) They said no if you now have the plan you have it even if Verizon changes the plan you would still be grandfathered in. But on the other hand Im gonna still do somemore cking because sometimes Verizons left hand doesnt talk to its right hand. Thanks Larry

Im on a 29.99 plan I just called Verizon said I wanted to buy a Thunderbolt would I have to change my plan ( pay more money) They said no if you now have the plan you have it even if Verizon changes the plan you would still be grandfathered in. But on the other hand Im gonna still do somemore cking because sometimes Verizons left hand doesnt talk to its right hand. Thanks Larry

Keep in mine, I'm only talking about the Data plan, not your voice, text or any other part you may be grandfathered into. The 4G phones will have a LTE sim card that has to be provisioned. This is why if you get a 4G phone, you will have to get the 4G Data plan to use it. Again, you will still get a 3G signal when you are not in a 4G area, with the 4G data plan. I'm not trying to cause confusion.

Keep in mine, I'm only talking about the Data plan, not your voice, text or any other part you may be grandfathered into. The 4G phones will have a LTE sim card that has to be provisioned. This is why if you get a 4G phone, you will have to get the 4G Data plan to use it. Again, you will still get a 3G signal when you are not in a 4G area, with the 4G data plan. I'm not trying to cause confusion.
So what your saying if I went out wright now and bought a Thunderbolt ( Imn on the 29.99 plan) I wont have 4G service for internet My plan is 1400 min I have unlimited text mms and unlimited data the min and text have nothing to do with data why would they sell me a 4G phone that isnt 4G I not getting it

Having activated two tbs Verizon will changes you to the 29.99 unlimited 4g plan linked to your 4g similar. Try it out and let us know how it went. Or... wait until they go tiered lte ....rumored June/July and then try....

What is so hard to understand for people? People, you're unlimited data plan right now is $29.99. If you bought the Thunderbolt, your unlimited data plan would still only cost you $29.99, but essentially you'd have 4G data "added" to your plan, for free, if you will. Your phone will run 4G if you're in a 4G area, and will use 3G if you're not.

I spoke to a store manager yesterday and he said this deal will be here until "Sometime in July."

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

What is so hard to understand for people? People, you're unlimited data plan right now is $29.99. If you bought the Thunderbolt, your unlimited data plan would still only cost you $29.99, but essentially you'd have 4G data "added" to your plan, for free, if you will. Your phone will run 4G if you're in a 4G area, and will use 3G if you're not.

I spoke to a store manager yesterday and he said this deal will be here until "Sometime in July."

Your exactly wright and if you have it know or you get it before the (rumored and emphasive rumored tiered plan) you will be grandfathered in Verizon has always been this way

Your exactly wright and if you have it know or you get it before the (rumored and emphasive rumored tiered plan) you will be grandfathered in Verizon has always been this way

This makes getting the Thunderbolt, even if you settle for a 1 year contract, a good deal, because the store manage told me when it goes to tiered, you'll be paying $30 more a month for the service you could get now for free. Don't know if that number is correct, but it's what he told me.

Back