So its come to this...Unlimited Data -or- Bionic

I will also be stuck using a blackberry while I'm waiting for my droid 1 to arrive. really irritated about it! The guy says he can't ship it till june 29th and hopes it will get here in time...defeats the whole purpose of why I bought the droid 1 phone!

Hey everybody. I don't know if I should make a new thread on this topic but this topic was talked about a few pages back in this thread. My question is regarding the return policy at the different verizon stores. Since it has become clear that I can not just add the $29.99 unlimited data plan to my older model flip phone. I am planning on buying one of the 4G phones out now either the Samsung Charge or LG Revolution. I know at the actual verizon store they allow 14 day exchange policy. Some of you guys said some of the other stores have longer policies. I was thinking if I get one of the 4G phones within the next week or before the 7th when the new plans come out it will give me some extra time to see if the droid bionic comes out. It will buy me some extra time and I will have locked in the new plan already if the bionic was to come out with in a couple weeks after.

Has anybody had any experience with exchanging their phones in the past? What are some of the different stores policy's? I was reading on here and I know people were talking about costco, and bestbuy I believe? Do you get an exchange for a brand new phone or do you get something refurbished? I am not a member at costco so I don't think i'd be allowed to get a phone from there. Here are a list of some other places that come to mind. If anybody knows the policies of these places or want to add other places to the list please feel free. If you want maybe we can start a new thread for people who might want to take a chance going this route. It still might be hopeless but at least there would be a slight chance. Better then nothing.

BestBuy
Costco
Amazon
WireFly
Verizon Store - 14 days

Stalking Craigslist like a hawk...while simultaneously waiting for ANY motivating news regarding the Bionic before tiered is official. I need motivation to spend cash on a temporary phone!

Stalking Craigslist like a hawk...while simultaneously waiting for ANY motivating news regarding the Bionic before tiered is official. I need motivation to spend cash on a temporary phone!

You don't have to get a different phone or a smart phone to get and keep unlimited. Just add the unlimited plan before July 7th.. ;)

You don't have to get a different phone or a smart phone to get and keep unlimited. Just add the unlimited plan before July 7th.. ;)

He needs a smartphone before July 7th or he won't be grandfathered into an unlimited plan if he decides he wants a smartphone later.

Fordsho you should get a used Droid on eBay or something and add the unlimited data because if you really want the Bionic you can wait as long as it takes for it to come out. It could be 5 weeks or more after the tiered plans go into effect before the Bionic comes out and if you pony up for the 4g phone now you could get stuck with it because the longest return period you'll find is probably no longer than 30 days.
The 4g phones that are available now will be obsolete when the Bionic comes out (and the galaxy s2 if its 4g)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Snagged an OG Droid today off Craigslist for $75 in surprisingly good condition lol, locked in!

Hey man I got tired of all the games and tricks you had to play with Verizon, tired of the wait for this "Droid Bionic", and tired of over paying for cell phone service! I switched to sprint and am going to purchase this bad boy VIP Smartphone - Motorola PHOTON 4G Superphone - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA - Overview - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

You changed carriers and have not bought a new phone yet? One would think youd do that all together for convenience no? :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

so the palm pixi plus is considered a smart phone for the purposes of locking in unlimited data prior to 7/7? I'm with ATT right now and considering making the switch to Verizon...

waiting

Ok, last week I was ready to buy the Charge at Costco today.
But...based on the "grandfathering" of current pricing whenupgrading to continue I am holding tight.

When will we see an official announcement from Verizon about their tiered pricing and current customers plans?

I remember hearing something in my youth... "Trust but Verify."

I am nervous but I have my Costco option to buy the Charge at $179 until July 3rd.

Just wondering...my OG is moving in sssllllooowww motion.

well my BB and OG droid plan fell through. BB is an alltel phone so it won't activate on Verizon network. OG droid I bought off ebay won't be here in time...The guy on ebay gave me a refund which was nice. So I upgraded to a Droid X2..I imagine when we have 4g in my area and there will be a good selection of 4g phones I'll buy one for retail and sell the X2..damn Bionic..

Hey guys and gals,

Just read the whole thread, and registered to ask a question and get into droid more.

Has anyone looked into the whole BestBuy idea, greater than talking to a lowely sales rep, where you would buy a charge or htc now and return it for the droid bionic? Would your contract be the same, or do they draft a new one? \

Pretty much will this method work, because if it does, its the best way I believe. Im att now so no option to do the CL thing

thanks in advance

You'll be fine. Bestbuy has has a 30 day return policy so you can buy a smartphone before the 7th and return it in 30 days and get the Bionic if it comes out. Personally I would either get a contract with Verizon now and buy a new phone and cell it later once the Bionic hits since you don't have Verizon. The other option is for you to buy a used phone off Craigslist or eBay and just get Verizon and bring that phone over while you wait for the Bionic.

Back