Anybody know an in case of emergency widget?

Silverwing

Reaction score
Does anybody know an In Case of Emergency (ICE) widget that displays some information? I am looking for a simple free one, preferably 1x4 in size that has some important information on it, in case someone finds my phone (if I were to be incapacitated or simply misplace my device).

Is not free but "ICE by Appventive" is a very nice one...

Also, you can also add like a sticky note or something to the nature and add your info there - it would be easily accessible on your home screen. Also, depending on which droid you have, you should be able to add ICE contacts thru the contact app and then these will show up on your lockscreen.

You could use Contact Owner in the market for that purpose.

I found "Note Widget Free" and its perfect for me.

On my homepage I have a picture of my wife with the label "ICE Wife", just touch the pic and it dials her.

I do a lot of running and biking and feel secure if something should happen a responder would have an easy time connecting to her.

Ron W.

On my homepage I have a picture of my wife with the label "ICE Wife", just touch the pic and it dials her.

I do a lot of running and biking and feel secure if something should happen a responder would have an easy time connecting to her.

Ron W.

And what program are you using?

Another way to create an I.C.E. contact is to use the built in Contacts program.

1. Create a contact and name it "- In Case of Emergency" or "- I.C.E." BTW, using the prefix - will place it at the top of your contacts list.
2. On your home-screen create a "contact" short cut of the above

That's what I've done.

I have a simple ice app I downloaded free from the market on my home screen. A red cross, two names where it will autodial if you touch one, blood type and allergies. Hope I don't need it but good to have.

Is not free but "ICE by Appventive" is a very nice one...

Also, you can also add like a sticky note or something to the nature and add your info there - it would be easily accessible on your home screen. Also, depending on which droid you have, you should be able to add ICE contacts thru the contact app and then these will show up on your lockscreen.

I only use it when traveling because I find the interface actually a little irritating (I can't even explain why) but the nice thing about Appventive ICE is that it can dial your ICE contacts and provide insurance and critical medical information from the lock screen, so you can keep your other data private and still allow rescuers to access information they need.

Alan

Back