ICE numbers (in case of emergency)

I don't lock my phone. I use *ICE followed by Parents, Spouse, Sister, etc to make them go to the top of the contacts list.

This app also can contain Instructions to first Responders, Meds, Allergies, Dr and Insurance Info....

Good thought there. As someone with a ton of allergies, I can definitely say that not all of my Emergency contacts are aware of them. And two people in my family have now turned up with allergic reactions to heavy pain killers like Morphine, which would probably be important if I were so badly injured that I couldn't give someone my name.:icon_eek:

Haha... this makes me laugh. I have never seen any emergency worker ever look through someones phone. Its called a license or ID card.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

I think a little training maybe in order for your area.

There's a downloadable app on Android market.there's a nominal fee, but its a decent app.

Hi everyone,
Just came across this thread. This is my first post at droidforums.net. I'm the developer for ICE: In Case of Emergency (ICE: In Case of Emergency (Appventive)). One of the huge advantages of ICE is that it *is* available while the phone is locked. Please see our web site for more details (and testimonials from people who have actually used it in an emergency).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Steve

I understand this program will work on a locked Droid, but will it be available on top of a pattern lock?

Could this be clarified please? It sounds like a great product I'd be happy to pay for, but this would do me no good if it it doesn't work on the pattern lock screen.

Hi everyone,
Just came across this thread. This is my first post at droidforums.net. I'm the developer for ICE: In Case of Emergency (ICE: In Case of Emergency (Appventive)). One of the huge advantages of ICE is that it *is* available while the phone is locked. Please see our web site for more details (and testimonials from people who have actually used it in an emergency).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Steve

I understand this program will work on a locked Droid, but will it be available on top of a pattern lock?

Could this be clarified please? It sounds like a great product I'd be happy to pay for, but this would do me no good if it it doesn't work on the pattern lock screen.

I sent Appventive a PM with this question. :icon_ poke:

Hi cchhiipp & Curmudgeon: Yes, the whole point of the ICE lock screen option was to allow Emergency Service Providers to access the info even while the phone was pattern locked (when its not pattern locked, ICE also provides a highly visible home screen widget option).

To those who question whether or not EMS providers will look for this info: obviously, there is no guarantee that they will. However, in the short time that ICE has been on the market, we've already had several people use it in actual emergencies. See our web site for testimonials from a few recent users. Also, check out the Market rating comments for others who have used it.

While they don't always identify themselves in the ratings comments, many of our current customers are ER nurses, paramedics, doctors, and LEO's. In fact, many of the improvements we make to the app have been suggested by EMS providers themselves.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best,
Steve

Thanks for the info, Appventive. Just purchased the app.

I was a little weary of putting in all my personal information where anyone could get to it, other than emergency contact numbers and medical info like blood type which could be medically relevant in an emergency. Insurance can be worked out later, IMO.

Hi Curmudgeon & cchhiipp - thanks for the purchase! Please let me know if you run into any problems or have any questions or suggestions.

All the best,
Steve

I use MOBILE OWNER. It creates a three line screen that shows up in the locked home screen. I use the third line for Emergency contacts. That way they don't even need to figure out how to unlock it for my ICE info.

I use MOBILE OWNER. It creates a three line screen that shows up in the locked home screen. I use the third line for Emergency contacts. That way they don't even need to figure out how to unlock it for my ICE info.

I use Contact Owner, which is similar in nature... works with the lock screen and I can add text for ICE numbers.

Why not just create your emergency contacts as quick call shortcuts on your desktop. My GF and mom are on my desktop for one button calling.

Why not just create your emergency contacts as quick call shortcuts on your desktop. My GF and mom are on my desktop for one button calling.

Great idea if you're not locking your Droid, but for those of us who use the swipe pattern lock (or any other locking app), no one would be able to get to the shortcuts if they don't know the "code" to unlock the phone.

These apps allow you to see your emergency contacts' information even in the locked screen.

As a Police Officer I will attest to looking for emergency numbers in people's phones before. In most if not all cases, EMTs, Police Officers, etc are not the first ones on scene. Its normal concerned citizens and I have scene it numerous times when I pull up on scene to an accident. A person that is with the victim will tell me they have already called their wife, mother, husband, etc. It gives peace of mind to the person that may need reassurance at that point in time.

P.S. I am not a developer and I have not installed/paid for any app that adds ICE function to the Droid, but will be soon.

Back