ICE numbers (in case of emergency)

Ice

Thanks for all the replies / suggestions.

I plan on trying checking out "Medic" and "ICE" the paid version since they have more features. I not only want to add ICE contacts, but also info. on meds I take.

I don't lock down my screen so for me this is not a concern, but it would be nice if the ICE paid version actually shows on the lock screen.

I would be interested in your opinions of these apps after you have tried them out.

I can tell you as a Paramedic, I have never once looked through a phone for an ICE number, and have never seen an ER staff do this either. The Police might, but in that case, you're dead. Paramedics don't call families and the hospital won't do so for a rather long period after you have gotten there unless you ask them to.

It's pretty simple guys. Create a contact called Ice, and add as many numbers as you want.

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me, because my last name is Ice.
Thsi doesn't work I wouldnt think.

The point of ICE numbers it it to be displayed even on your lock screen, so if your phone is password protected before you can use it at all, it will still show the ICE numbers and let you call them without having to know the password to look at contacts or whatever

put the number 1 in front of the ICE. Not that it matters.

Just create a contact with the name In Case of Emergency, put a space in front of In and it will be listed as the first contact in your list.

Just create a contact with the name In Case of Emergency, put a space in front of In and it will be listed as the first contact in your list.

Won't help though if your phone is in lock mode...that's the beauty of the ICE program.

There's a downloadable app on Android market.there's a nominal fee, but its a decent app.

Hi everyone,
Just came across this thread. This is my first post at droidforums.net. I'm the developer for ICE: In Case of Emergency (ICE: In Case of Emergency (Appventive)). One of the huge advantages of ICE is that it *is* available while the phone is locked. Please see our web site for more details (and testimonials from people who have actually used it in an emergency).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:
There's a downloadable app on Android market.there's a nominal fee, but its a decent app.

Hi everyone,
Just came across this thread. This is my first post at droidforums.net. I'm the developer for ICE: In Case of Emergency (ICE: In Case of Emergency (Appventive)). One of the huge advantages of ICE is that it *is* available while the phone is locked. Please see our web site for more details (and testimonials from people who have actually used it in an emergency).

Cheers,
Steve

appventive_qrcode.png
Paid App $2.99

Hi everyone,

Cheers,
Steve

appventive_qrcode.png
Paid App $2.99

Thanks! :)

I don't lock my phone. I use *ICE followed by Parents, Spouse, Sister, etc to make them go to the top of the contacts list.

This app also can contain Instructions to first Responders, Meds, Allergies, Dr and Insurance Info....

ICE saved my life last year when I was hit by a car while training (CAT1 Road Racer) and my Treo 755p had a function to where they could set ICE contacts as a group. I have yet to find anything similar on the Droid.

Currently though...I do have my Droid setup with I.C.E. containing number 1 and then I make another I.C.E. 2 and the number. The medical personal don't like to fiddle finding the other numbers under one contact.

Please always have up to three contacts for I.C.E.
It will save your life one day.

Hi everyone,

Cheers,
Steve

I understand this program will work on a locked Droid, but will it be available on top of a pattern lock?

Haha... this makes me laugh. I have never seen any emergency worker ever look through someones phone. Its called a license or ID card.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

Haha... this makes me laugh. I have never seen any emergency worker ever look through someones phone. Its called a license or ID card.

NREMT-P....We look ;)

Back