AOKP install HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!

I'm on ics aokp but there's bugs like my vibration setting WiFi and backlight auto dom change all the time on their own. Bluetooth is buggy as hell it's so annoying. I wanna go back to stock for a min to see if ny update is there but I don't want to lose everything

I'm on ics aokp but there's bugs like my vibration setting WiFi and backlight auto dom change all the time on their own. Bluetooth is buggy as hell it's so annoying. I wanna go back to stock for a min to see if ny update is there but I don't want to lose everything

Which AOKP are you on? There's KOA, Black Widow, Fullthrottle and Axiom. If you're on one of the ICS leaks or an ICS ROM from the GB kernel that's probably why you're seeing the issues.

Which one doesn't have issues or is stable? Idk how to flash other ones or where to download. The other ones say u have to be on 6.14 or something with steps to get u there but the droidhive links don't work to download the tools needed and the steps r really confusing. I just wish I could receive my ics update but Idk if stock has all the features that aokp has...

there's a thread on droidrzr.com with everything you need, I'd link you to it but I'm not on my computer

so once i download the utility and put it on the sd card, i know i run the utility. what do i pick as far as the options they give? 1? flash the 16 on at the bottom? then i suppose im on ics but why would u flash a rom afterwards and what difference does it make from just flashing the rom? thanks and comment back if u can^^

so once i download the utility and put it on the sd card, i know i run the utility. what do i pick as far as the options they give? 1? flash the 16 on at the bottom? then i suppose im on ics but why would u flash a rom afterwards and what difference does it make from just flashing the rom? thanks and comment back if u can^^

Unzip the utility and run it from a computer. Have the file on your SD card and choose option 1.

You don't have to flash a rom, but you will be on the ICS kernel and ICS based roms are tremendously stable.

so i got my real update to ics but it failed. do u have to unroot or remove anything like safestrap to update? i did it on the stock 2.3.6 out of safe mode and thats where it failed. AOKP is installed within safemode if u know what i mean

ok cool so should i figure out how to update the stock to ics but then do all the rom stuff within safemode so if it sucks or messes up, i can turn it off and be on stock ics? if so just need to know how to get the update to work

Uninstall Safestrap (the whole recovery, not just the app) and unroot before trying to update. I'd recommend just fastbooting back to .181 if possible since that's the simplest way to get back to pure stock GB

so i tried to restore to stock but it told me to enter ap fastboot which i did but the droid utility didnt work after that. dont really know how to completely remove safestrap. sry i wish i knen all this and tried to look it up and not ask but it didn't work. just wanna get on stock ics update and then reroot, and then flash rom maybe. just need to know how to go back

so i tried to restore to stock but it told me to enter ap fastboot which i did but the droid utility didnt work after that. dont really know how to completely remove safestrap. sry i wish i knen all this and tried to look it up and not ask but it didn't work. just wanna get on stock ics update and then reroot, and then flash rom maybe. just need to know how to go back

What do you mean the utility didn't work? It didn't recognize the phone, or it was hanging at a certain point, or it set your computer on fire or what? Give me a little more info and I'll get you there, no worries :)

What you really need the most is to be on stock .181. If you're there and just happen to be rooted and have Safestrap recovery installed then first open the Safestrap app and select uninstall recovery. Once that's done uninstall the safestrap app and unroot the phone. If none of those processes do it, reboot the phone and then you should be able to take the OTA without issue.

lol sry. im downloading the 1.7 version but its not done yet and i tried to use 1.6 option 4 unroot but it says to leave the screen unlocked and accept superuser stuff but then hangs up on something like system path unidentified over and over again. sry bout that i really appreciate the help. just need to learn how to do this as i did with flashing the rom and ill be good.

Back