App keeps disappearing.

Happened to me too, but to make things even more problematic the apps that I moved to 'media storage' that are not showing up, I can't move them back to the phone because now it says "failed to move. Application doees not exist" any suggestions?

Happened to me too, but to make things even more problematic the apps that I moved to 'media storage' that are not showing up, I can't move them back to the phone because now it says "failed to move. Application doees not exist" any suggestions?

Go into manage apps and uninstall the ones having problems. Reinstall them and leave them on the phone. If they automatically go to the media area then move them to the phone area before restarting the phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Go into manage apps and uninstall the ones having problems. Reinstall them and leave them on the phone. If they automatically go to the media area then move them to the phone area before restarting the phone.

I have also been having this problem. Moved ZumoCast to SD Card before I read this forum. Not it is gone and it's not available in the App Store. Does anyone know where to get it or have an .apk of ZumoCast so I could reinstall it? Many thanks.

Noob error... i found the zumocast app in the market. No space in the name. Thanks

Just happened with me with the DROID forum app. Thought I was crazy and reinstalled it. Them knew I wasn't when I didn't have to sign in.

I an wondering if it's some bug between the internal and external SD cards?

I just had one come back from disappearing....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I'm having problems with a couple of apps disappearing. Droid forums is the worse. I have installed it on internal storage, moved it to the media area, and moved it to the sd card and everytime it disappears when I reboot my phone. Any suggestions? Verizon is telling me it's a problem with the app, that it is not compatible with the bionic.

Losing apps as well

I have the same problem, including netflix. I have around 180 Apps on my bionic, when I power the phone off and then back on, around 30 apps are missing. I was and still am under the 14 day return, went back to verizon they replaced the bionic, with the same problem. Only lose apps that are moved to the sd card. Funny thing is, power it off and on a few times, and sometimes some will show back up on the phone. Last apps I lost were, netflix, adobe air, key ring, krogers, my backup pro, and a few other miscellaneous apps. I did use app2sd to move them.

You need to move applications to the phone memory. I use appstosd to do this. Also you don't want them on the sd card you want them on sd-ext external card but for now there is no easy way to move them.

No easy way

You say no easy way, so do you know of a way? Not really sure if the phone can handle that many apps. Most i really do need.
Thanks

The internal phone memory is 8 gig about 4 that you can use. That's enough for all your apps.

The sd card is the other 8 and can only be used for media. That's why your stuff disappears.

The sd-ext is your true external memory but I don't know how to install apps there since it defaults to the sd which is the wrong place.

Thanks, I will give that a try. I do have a 32gig sd card so we'll see how it works, thanks again.

Started downloading my apps to the pc, then moving them to a file labeled apk's on my sd card.That way if I loose them again I can just re-install them without downloading again. Doing this until there's a fix.

No need to panic here, folks. This is a software bug, it will be fixed. (I got my OG Droid on release day, too. It had bugs. They were fixed.) Now we know about it - DON'T MOVE APPS TO MEDIA AREA. Problem solved for now.

You have 4GB of internal phone storage for your apps. The "all apps" menu currently shows that my phone has 258 apps installed (includes all pre-installed apps + my downloads). The app storage area of my phone currently shows I'm using 561MB of storage, and have 3,400MB free. So, I'm using about 15% of my available app storage space so far.

This problem will be fixed with an update. Does anyone really think they'll use up all of their available app storage space in the near future? There's nothing to see here. Move along...

Yep.... Had it happen to me last night for the first time with speedtest. I downloaded again from the marketplace and when it opened all of my previous history was there. Pretty lame..... Now after I just ran the test and the screen shut off, I can't turn it back on... I have to pull the battery..... Real LAME

Back