App keeps disappearing.

I have this same problem and I have found that after boot up a lot of apps are missing I then run a hot reboot with hot reboot app and then all my apps are there. Just a FYI for you guys having this
Issue.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I don't use Apps2SD. I am using the SD card that came with the Bionic. I'm not rooted or anything.

XDAForums app constantly disappears every time I reboot the phone. I've just stopped re-installing it.

Brandon

Stock Bionic, SD card that came with the device, no 3rd party apps playing games with how apps are saved and moved. Apps just go missing. Happened with Kayak, and just a few moments ago, in what can only be a fit of irony, DroidForums app went missing.

Look people. This issue is well known. Whether or not you have app2sd or anything like that some apps just install to the media area. Just go into applications> media and uncheck the apps that are checked. This should fix your problem till moto gets on it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Look people. This issue is well known. Whether or not you have app2sd or anything like that some apps just install to the media area. Just go into applications> media and uncheck the apps that are checked. This should fix your problem till moto gets on it.

Even assuming your information is correct, when you start your post with something as condescending/rude as "Look people", you pretty well lose your audience.

Oh, and there is no such "media" option in applications. Well played...

Uh, yes there is. Settings> manage apps, then look for "media area" tab at top. If any apps are showing with checkmarks UNCHECK THEM.

All you have to do is install hot reboot and every time you do a reboot once it comes back up do a hot reboot with the hot reboot app and all media area apps show up and don't disappear again until reboot.

Ok I think I have a fix for this mysterious disappearing apps phenomenon. Goto settings> storage> windows media storage: change to SD card instead of internal media. That seems to keep the apps that you move to the SD card from disappearing. I also noticed that gets the SD card to bootup earlier when you restart the phone. I've tested it several times now with this setting. And the SD card seems to work better now.

On closer examination the problem seems to be that the SD stored apps are actually going to the internal SD not the external SD. And when you restart the phone windows media sync takes up some of the memory on the internal SD. Which is displacing some of the apps stored there. Changing Windows Media sync to external SD keeps the windows media sync from interfering with the apps stored on the internal SD.

Ok I think I have a fix for this mysterious disappearing apps phenomenon. Goto settings> storage> windows media storage: change to SD card instead of internal media. That seems to keep the apps that you move to the SD card from disappearing. I also noticed that gets the SD card to bootup earlier when you restart the phone. I've tested it several times now with this setting. And the SD card seems to work better now.

Not a fix, mine had always been set to SD and i have not rooted or used app2sd or manually moved any apps to media section and i am still randomly (seemingly) losing apps

I called Motorola to complain. The tech explained that it was a software problem in the programming of the apps. Because the Bionic is using new technology with an internal and external SD cards the apps that are movable don't have the programming to distinguish between the two SD cards. So they get corrupted when you reboot. However this only seems to affect some of the apps moved to SD. The regular phone storage has about 4 gigs. I personally have about 150 apps on my phone. And I still have 3.3 gigs available on my regular phone storage. So the fix for now is if your app gets lost or corrupted then redownload it and keep it in your regular phone storage until the app maker makes an update for the new dual SD configuration. I hope this helps. 5

I called Motorola to complain. The tech explained that it was a software problem in the programming of the apps. Because the Bionic is using new technology with an internal and external SD cards the apps that are movable don't have the programming to distinguish between the two SD cards. So they get corrupted when you reboot. However this only seems to affect some of the apps moved to SD. The regular phone storage has about 4 gigs. I personally have about 150 apps on my phone. And I still have 3.3 gigs available on my regular phone storage. So the fix for now is if your app gets lost or corrupted then redownload it and keep it in your regular phone storage until the app maker makes an update for the new dual SD configuration. I hope this helps. 5

I'm pretty sure The Droid Incredible 1 had both an internal and external SD card.

App 2 SD

I know this is talked about exhaustively, but I have noticed that like others said that some apps actually stay on the SD card with no issue. I've found that if you download an app, and it is moveable, and you try to move it to the SD card, sometimes you will get a response of "failed to move to SD". If you keep trying, they will move over but get corrupted in the process and this is a obvious indicator it will not work on the SD card. If you get that message, cancel the move and leave it on your phone. The app will stay put.

Dan

I've had the same issue with apps disappearing. It appears to be ones that I've moved to the media area. Since I stopped moving apps to the media area, I haven't noticed any more apps disappearing. Hopefully this is will be fixed!

My question is, what is the media area? Is it on the phone or on the sdcard? What is it's purpose?

Back