are you happy with flash 10.1?

I am happy with it, I have watched full movies with it and enjoyed the experience. I am OC'ed. When I watch something on Justin.TV it has a few stutters on startup, but it smooths out.

My question for those who are having issues is, were you on WiFi or 3g?
I can use it on both, but WiFi is better. Also, if you are on 3g, how is your connection? Flash is generally data intensive, so you need a really good 3g connection for it to work properly.

I tried it on both WiFi and 3G. WiFi was, of course, better. My issue wasn't with the video per se, but the whole phone just slowed to a crawl.

Of course, I'm not a big video or Flash game kind of guy (other than hitting a few sites to test it out), so I really only use it as a utility. If they can improve the performance, great, if not, I'm not going to lose a lot of sleep over it.

At the end of the day, I don't care what it is or who makes it as long as it does what I want it to.

Me neither but I think people really need to catch a clue. Flash is not lean, mean, and fast like the OS on your phone. And for what most people use Flash for (video and audio) Flash is just a H.264 and ACC wrapper. TOTALLY unnecessary.. proprietary... nonsense. Looking forward to HTML5 or whatever is next.

[
I tried it on both WiFi and 3G. WiFi was, of course, better. My issue wasn't with the video per se, but the whole phone just slowed to a crawl.

I am not sure I understand what you mean by " the whole phone just slowed to a crawl" are you trying to multitask while running flash or something? streaming video is the only thing the phone is going to be capable of, and it is going to take it a moment or 2 to get in and out of running flash.

flash isn't out yet.....only the beta 3 is out so.....you will have bugs in the software...

At the end of the day, I don't care what it is or who makes it as long as it does what I want it to.

Me neither but I think people really need to catch a clue. Flash is not lean, mean, and fast like the OS on your phone. And for what most people use Flash for (video and audio) Flash is just a H.264 and ACC wrapper. TOTALLY unnecessary.. proprietary... nonsense. Looking forward to HTML5 or whatever is next.

These things have a way of sorting themselves out. Remember Shockwave?

flash isn't out yet.....only the beta 3 is out so.....you will have bugs in the software...

Flash has been out for years. Flash is a bloated FAT pig on Windows for petes sake. Its performance is only masked by gobs of memory and many Ghz of CPU. It is not a "bug" it is what it -is-.

[

I am not sure I understand what you mean by " the whole phone just slowed to a crawl" are you trying to multitask while running flash or something? streaming video is the only thing the phone is going to be capable of, and it is going to take it a moment or 2 to get in and out of running flash.

The browser started to choke. Scrolling got very sketchy and locked up a few times. Hitting the home and back buttons showed some serious lag.

Basically, what is described here:

Mobile Flash Fail: Weak Android Player Proves Jobs Right

I've got no axe to grind here, I don't particularly like Flash, but I'll use it if I have to. Just reporting my experiences.

I've read that the final version is much better. Also, check your browser's settings to make plugins available on demand...like the flashblock firefox plugin.

What is the firefox browser called?

Sent from my Droid

I picture Steve Jobs smiling while he reads this thread thinking

TOLD YOU!

LOL

Steve is probably going to learn from this flash and make it much better and smoother.

Sent from my Droid

TOLD YOU!

LOL

Yeah, I agree with that.

However, just to keep the balance of the universe right, every time one of these moments pops up, I feel the need to fire up Windows on my Mac or tether my iPad to my Droid.

You know, just to keep all the "smug tech karma" from all ends in check. ;)

I updated to 2.2. Is there a app to wirelessly tether with your droid without rooting?

Sent from my Droid

I am happy with it, I have watched full movies with it and enjoyed the experience. I am OC'ed. When I watch something on Justin.TV it has a few stutters on startup, but it smooths out.

My question for those who are having issues is, were you on WiFi or 3g?
I can use it on both, but WiFi is better. Also, if you are on 3g, how is your connection? Flash is generally data intensive, so you need a really good 3g connection for it to work properly.

I used 3g and didnt try wifi yet. but i want it to work good on 3g when I am travelling

Sent from my Droid

TOLD YOU!

LOL

Yeah, I agree with that.

However, just to keep the balance of the universe right, every time one of these moments pops up, I feel the need to fire up Windows on my Mac or tether my iPad to my Droid.

You know, just to keep all the "smug tech karma" from all ends in check. ;)

I updated to 2.2. Is there a app to wirelessly tether with your droid without rooting?

Sent from my Droid

There is another thread that popped up in the past couple of days asking that question. Honestly, I'm not sure if something like PDAnet would work (there might be some comments in that thread), I've never used it.

I'm rooted and just run with that.

Back