Battery issues gone. 8 hours off charger, 84% battery left. Wow.

Do you think this phone is for the user who don't root or modify the phone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I think between the three high-end android options, I would just pick whichever one feels the best to you regarding how it fits your hands, how you like actually using it, etc. If you aren't interested in rooting I'm going to assume you aren't really worried about having the latest android OS or quick updates.

I don't think by any means you would dislike the Nexus, but I personally agree that the Nexus line of smartphones was designed for the tinkerer or developer.

I'd just really think about what you want out of the device, try them out, maybe purchase one and exchange it within the 14days (or holiday return period if you buy soon?).

So are you going to tell us if you used the phone at all? Were you in LTE coverage? ANYTHING?

It's 2:47 AM, and I've used the phone on purpose for the last 5 hours. I drove home with music playing and the screen on and not charging (20 minute drive), while using it at the bar sendings texts, looking at webpages and sending/reading emails all night.

14 hours of moderate usage, 38%. I really don't know what to say. Borderline ridiculous.

And yes, LTE the entire time. In a large metro area (Philadelphia). At this point, I'm going to go to bed with the phone not on the charger and see what it is when I wake up. I should wake up around noon (I'm off this week, dont' hate) just to drain this down to zero and see how long it takes. 14 hours and still plenty of juice, I simply can't believe it.

It's 2:47 AM, and I've used the phone on purpose for the last 5 hours. I drove home with music playing and the screen on and not charging (20 minute drive), while using it at the bar sendings texts, looking at webpages and sending/reading emails all night.

14 hours of moderate usage, 38%. I really don't know what to say. Borderline ridiculous.

And yes, LTE the entire time. In a large metro area (Philadelphia). At this point, I'm going to go to bed with the phone not on the charger and see what it is when I wake up. I should wake up around noon (I'm off this week, dont' hate) just to drain this down to zero and see how long it takes. 14 hours and still plenty of juice, I simply can't believe it.

I'm on the Revolution HD ROM and liking it so far but this is tempting me to go through the hassle of wiping and starting again. :)

Question, are you experiencing any keyboard lag when typing anything lengthy in landscape mode? For example, responding to posts?

If not, I'm sold!

THIS..

:icon_ devil:
\

LETS SEE SOME PICS!

Also, can you install the kernel over stock 4.0.2 or no? I really want to update but don't feel like wiping and all that again

I haven't experimented with different kernels but my battery life does seem to be improving just by flashing a new ROM. When I first got the phone it would drain down just sitting there doing nothing in about 6 hrs...yesterday I got 19 hrs out of it (granted it wasn't heavy usage) after clearing batt stats. It wasn't draining like it did initially with the screen off though. The only changes i made were flashing the revolution rom and using setcpu to scale down to 350 when screen is off...i'll be in ny this weekend so i'll be able to test it if i'm on 4g the whole time and see how it holds up.

Can we get some screen caps of battery usage, kernel/rom versions? Anything?:blink:

Sounds really good but as I read, looks like NFC is broke in that build, I am using Google Wallet and don't want to loose it.

Sorry, no idea what he meant hah. He meant a SS.

This says 15 hours, I must have plugged it in somewhere by accident, it's been more like 24 hours. Woke up this morning and it said 24%.

Screenshot_2011-12-21-11-20-57.png

Last edited:
Back