Best Launcher Apps vs. Rooting

I have nova launcher now running on my ics rezound. now my rezound looks like my droidx aokp phone.

I found my photo wallpaper doesn't show as much of the photo compared to before using nova launcher.

I did need to download some additional widgets from the Google play store.

Power Toggles
Data Enabler Widget
Digital Clock Widget
Android Photo Widget

Just downloaded Nova, I got bored with sense, so we'll see how this works out. Thanks for the thread.

Edit: Saw the screenshots and the ICS notification bar. I was hoping the launcher could have changed that, but I'll need to root for that won't I?

I really like Nova and have gotten used to the slight lag in a few spots. Being able to use all that screen real estate and not be tied to the 4x4 grid is just incredible. Still not sure why it is lagging as some users don't seem to have that issue (or maybe I just notice it more than others). I still have Apex on my phone and might switch back & forth between the two to check out different widgets. The lack of widgets is really the only big complaint I have as I miss my HTC widgets which are very well done. Going to try K-9 mail to see if that widget works with either launcher.

Finally, if you haven't checked out the Chameleon launcher yet, head over to their website or search it on YouTube. I can't wait until that becomes available for phones-it looks incredible on the N7.

I like nova launcher, but when editing my forum posts for typing errors using opera, I often get terrible slowness. I might go back to HTC sense.

A week or so ago I returned to nova launcher and there seems to be no slowness or lagging.

it is really nice.

I've used Go Launcher for a while so I decided to try Sense for a bit since I haven't used it with ICS. I liked it but I wanted to try a different launcher so I'm using Atom Launcher. It's not bad. I like that you can hide or show the status bar with just a flick. I also like having the clock up at the very top. It's fast and smooth but it's not as fluid as GL. But i'll keep it for a while. They say that you can use GL themes with it too but I haven't tried that yet.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

The entire time I was on ICS(other than when I was trying to like Sense) I used Nova Launcher. It's so close to stock ICS(not Sense, true ICS) that I wouldn't use any other launcher.
Very nice.
Just tried it out. Might even buy the Premium version.
This may satisfy my desire to be on Jelly Bean...kind of. :biggrin:
Thanks for the tip.

Very nice.
Just tried it out. Might even buy the Premium version.
This may satisfy my desire to be on Jelly Bean...kind of. :biggrin:
Thanks for the tip.

It's better than Jelly Bean on my Nexus7, imo. You still keep many JB features ,like slide up from home button to open Google Now and notification bar, but get more .

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Back