Bionic Release Date Fact

^Yea...that was in this post:
Actually, the original did say summer, and it says it was published January 5th, 2011 (the day of CES) so that's obviously wrong. It was actually published at the end of April. So YES, these pages DO get edited. Here's an article with a pic of the original.

Official: The

Boom, roasted.

Its in the 2nd paragraph. So far there has been only 1 official delay from May til summer. Thats probably another thing.....May til Summer coulda meant June.

I cant wait til it comes out......to end all the talk about it coming out, being outdated....then we can talk about real world use of the phone.

I think it was supped to be in the 2nd Q....

So....it said Summer. I think most ppl wanted it to come the beginning of Summer...lol has to be the problem.

Or Summer that means not back in school, June thru Aug. The official Summer ends Sept. 22 and Summer doesnt officially start entil June 21,22.

All this is according to some sites about the seasons.

So why do ppl keep saying delayed, delayed, delayed again? Aug was never an official date, that was all rumors...

BUT, some guy on a blog said August and this guy on a forum had a friend who talked to a Verizon rep and they said no but coughed when they said it, So, that meant August. This means Motorola is screwing with us and has the phones ready and just wants to make us wait and laugh at us cause they are mean and evil and don't know how to make phones.

The original Bionic was delayed, forever. That's a fact. The phone we now call the Bionic was supposed to be an entirely different phone, so yes, the original Bionic that we all saw at CES has been delayed forever. It was to be released in the 1st quarter, that's what every person with hands on Bionic info said in their video interviews, feel free to go watch them.

The Targa Bionic was most likely always supposed to come out around August/September, but when you change the name on something, that doesn't mean you can just say oh it's only been delayed once, because it's simply not the truth.

I've used a Motorola phone for the last 8 years of my life, but I'm tired of seeing people stand behind Motorola when they've clearly screwed the pooch with the release of the Bionic.

The page was edited from Summer to September and anyone who says it wasn't didn't see the original page after CES.

People aren't blindly defending Motorola.

Some of us argue about the "delay" discussion because many people make incorrect logical leaps thru intellectual laziness and this can adversely influence newcomers to the forum and give them the wrong impression of what has occurred with the Bionic.

TRUE - There has been a delay in a phone called the Bionic being released from the first time it was mentioned.

TRUE - There has been a delay in Motorola bringing a dual-core LTE phone to market.

TRUE - Motorola decided to scrap the original phone(xt865 "Etna") which was to be the Bionic.

FALSE - This phone (XT875 Motorola codename Targa) keeps getting delayed and delayed.

It is completely FALSE to say that This phone is having problems, or Motorola is having trouble getting it done and keeps delaying it. This phone that is going to be released is completely on track and is going to be released as planned and on schedule.

If people cannot understand the distinctions between these statements, I suggest you stop wasting your time on the internet and go back to school.

All I know is the phone better be priced at $199, especially since it is no longer next gen technology. It's just dumb that it's coming out just 4 months before the next CES!
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

All I know is the phone better be priced at $199, especially since it is no longer next gen technology. It's just dumb that it's coming out just 4 months before the next CES!
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

It wont be... I would be surprised if it goes for anything less than $300

CM74DX

I'm almost certain it will be $199 in September, they're probably aware of the fact that "phone season" is basically coming up right after it's release.

Going to be exciting seeing all the big names come out with huge phones this holiday season.

Some of us argue about the "delay" discussion because many people make incorrect logical leaps thru intellectual laziness and this can adversely influence newcomers to the forum and give them the wrong impression of what has occurred with the Bionic.

TRUE - There has been a delay in a phone called the Bionic being released from the first time it was mentioned.

TRUE - There has been a delay in Motorola bringing a dual-core LTE phone to market called the Bionic.

TRUE - Motorola decided to scrap the original phone(xt865 "Etna") which was to be the Bionic.

FALSE - This phone (XT875 Motorola codename Targa) keeps getting delayed and delayed when it was really just delayed once... still.

It is completely FALSE to say that This phone is having problems, or Motorola is having trouble getting it done and keeps delaying it. This phone that is going to be released is completely on track and is going to be released as planned and on revised schedule.

If people cannot understand the distinctions between these statements, I suggest you stop wasting your time on the internet and go back to school.

I fixed some things for you.

The simple, non-excuse story goes like this... just before the holidays in 2010, there was rumors of a kick-ass phone called The Bionic. This supposedly kick-ass phone was unveiled to the public in January 2011. When the public said "Whut?? That sucks!! It's more like kiss-my-ass than kick-ass!", Motorola then said, ok, we are going to make it better, but it will take longer. And then after almost a year after it first became rumored there was a phone called The Bionic (and just a couple months before it was actually unveiled to the public!), Motorola is finally going to release a phone some time in September called what again? Oh yea, The Bionic.

Haha! It's still the Bionic... the still delayed Bionic. no matter what code name you prefer to call it. When you go to buy it, you're not gonna ask for a Targa, those Verizon reps will look at you like you're drunk!! No, you're gonna ask for a BIONIC.

And if you can't accept this story line for what it is, then... well, party on in your dream world. :)

TRUE - There has been a delay in Motorola bringing a dual-core LTE phone to market called the Bionic.

FALSE - This phone (XT875 Motorola codename Targa) keeps getting delayed and delayed when it was really just delayed once... still.

It is completely FALSE to say that This phone is having problems, or Motorola is having trouble getting it done and keeps delaying it. This phone that is going to be released is completely on track and is going to be released as planned and on revised schedule.

The simple, non-excuse story goes like this... just before the holidays in 2010, there was rumors of a kick-ass phone called The Bionic. This supposedly kick-ass phone was unveiled to the public in January 2011. When the public said "Whut?? That sucks!! It's more like kiss-my-ass than kick-ass!", Motorola then said, ok, we are going to make it better, but it will take longer. And then after almost a year after it first became rumored there was a phone called The Bionic, Motorola is finally going to release a phone some time in September called what again? Oh yea, The Bionic.

Haha! It's still the Bionic... the still delayed Bionic. no matter what code name you prefer to call it. When you go to buy it, you're not gonna ask for a Targa, those Verizon reps will look at you like you're drunk!! No, you're gonna ask for a BIONIC.

And if you can't accept this story line for what it is, then... well, party on in your dream world. :)

The biggest problem with this argument is the same as most arguments talking about delays. Considering rumors and whispers when talking about delays is faulty at best. The fact is the first official announcement was that bionic was coming Q2. The second official announcement was bionic was coming summer/Q3. That is only one delay. Just because Johnny Leaksalot puts out other dates doesn't mean that missing those dates is a delay.

The simple, non-excuse story goes like this... just before the holidays in 2010, there was rumors of a kick-ass phone called The Bionic. This supposedly kick-ass phone was unveiled to the public in January 2011. When the public said "Whut?? That sucks!! It's more like kiss-my-ass than kick-ass!", Motorola then said, ok, we are going to make it better, but it will take longer. And then after almost a year after it first became rumored there was a phone called The Bionic, Motorola is finally going to release a phone some time in September called what again? Oh yea, The Bionic.

The biggest problem with this argument is the same as most arguments talking about delays. Considering rumors and whispers when talking about delays is faulty at best. The fact is the first official announcement was that bionic was coming Q2. The second official announcement was bionic was coming summer/Q3. That is only one delay. Just because Johnny Leaksalot puts out other dates doesn't mean that missing those dates is a delay.

Well when the CEO of Motorola Mobility says they are not releasing the Bionic when they originally wanted to because they want make it a "better user experience", then you cannot argue that it isn't a delay.

Whether it's the 2nd delay or the 3rd delay is pretty irrelevant... at this time, I still don't have a Bionic in hand like I thought I would 6 months ago. The "why" is just academic, but it doesn't help put a Bionic in my hand.

Of course we could all wait till 2016 and get an octoquad processor, 64 GB's of onboard memory (expandable to 128GB), realtime full holographic projection screen, Psi-link direct brain interface, and it'll make you an expresso. :)

I'm still not using my upgrade till it can do my laundry.

Well when the CEO of Motorola Mobility says they are not releasing the Bionic when they originally wanted to because they want make it a "better user experience", then you cannot argue that it isn't a delay.

Whether it's the 2nd delay or the 3rd delay is pretty irrelevant... at this time, I still don't have a Bionic in hand like I thought I would 6 months ago. The "why" is just academic, but it doesn't help put a Bionic in my hand.

Let me try this a different way. Bionic was first officially announced that it was coming Q2 2011. So at the time of that announcement there had been zero delays since it was the first announcement. Motorola's CEO then said it wasn't coming out Q2 because they wanted to make it a "better user experience" and said it will be out summer/Q3. that is the first delay. So at the point of that announcement there was one delay. Last week, he then announced it was coming in September. September is still summer/Q3 so saying it will come out on time according to the last official announcement is not a delay. So at the point of that announcement, there was still only one delay. Sure, everyone wanted the phone months ago and it sucks that its not out yet, but to say there has been more than one delay is just false and paints things in a much worse light than they should be.

The phone wasn't actually delayed, it was canceled if we're stating facts here.

How bad must of the Etna's problems been if they decided to completely trash it?

Let me try this a different way. Bionic was first officially announced that it was coming Q2 2011. So at the time of that announcement there had been zero delays since it was the first announcement. Motorola's CEO then said it wasn't coming out Q2 because they wanted to make it a "better user experience" and said it will be out summer/Q3. that is the first delay. So at the point of that announcement there was one delay. Last week, he then announced it was coming in September. September is still summer/Q3 so saying it will come out on time according to the last official announcement is not a delay. So at the point of that announcement, there was still only one delay. Sure, everyone wanted the phone months ago and it sucks that its not out yet, but to say there has been more than one delay is just false and paints things in a much worse light than they should be.

:) You're still trying to explain why... when it doesn't matter nor does it help put the phone in my hand. People knew about the Bionic in January, and it's now September.

That's a long time no matter how you slice n dice it.

The Targa's never actually been delayed, they've just taken forever to release it, which is no different than delaying it 10 times. As it most likely ends up resulting in the same problem of being obsolete.

Back