[Breaking] Android Market for the Web Just Released

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Things won't install on my phone, says that "This app will be downloaded to your device shortly" but nothing happens on my phone. I've waited about 10 minutes now, and even tried manually opening market.

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
Worked fine for me! I think I do like that a lot better than flicking through the Market on the phone. I also like that it tells you on the Market online what programs you have installed on your phone.

dancedroid

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tried everything listed in their help section about signing into Google Talk, signing out, and signing back in. Rebooted my device. Still unable to initiate downloading from website. Phone just sits there and does nothing. Full bars, 3G.

RVdroid

Reaction score
Well it certainly is easier than navigating the market on my phone, and it works for me. Hopefully everyone will be able to use it in a timely fashion.
Also, I hope that the ease of this new capability will result in more revenue for our devolpers, they need the bread to keep making us cool stuff, especially since there was some dissapointment about how well the market was doing.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I logged in fine. Love it too. I like using Appbrain, and may use it from time to time, but this is great.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Things won't install on my phone, says that "This app will be downloaded to your device shortly" but nothing happens on my phone. I've waited about 10 minutes now, and even tried manually opening market.

Having the same problem I wonder if it is because I didn't get the latest version of the market because it wont install over my themed version?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Which phone do you have? Are you on a custom rom or kernel?

Recognizes my phone just fine

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Which phone do you have? Are you on a custom rom or kernel?

Recognizes my phone just fine

Droid 1 and rom is ultimate droid 2.5

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

s13_slider

Reaction score
To everyone having issues with their phone doing nothing..

Make sure when you get the small popup window that you select the correct phone. That was my issue. It was listing my Droid and my Fascinate. Tried sending an app to my Droid unknowingly three times before I caught on.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
The website auto logged me in, auto detected my apps, and auto detected my phone model just fine :/

bhughesiii

Reaction score
the site wants to use my old gmail account to log in, but on my phone I use my account that I have hosted with google apps email. Anyone else have an issue with a google apps email account?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Having the same problem I wonder if it is because I didn't get the latest version of the market because it wont install over my themed version?

I'm running stock FRG83D though, only thing I did was root it and install a Slayher kernel. Still, I wonder if there is a silent market update being pushed to support remote installation, and it just hasn't hit my phone yet. Can someone who has had success list their market version?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
To everyone having issues with their phone doing nothing..

Make sure when you get the small popup window that you select the correct phone. That was my issue. It was listing my Droid and my Fascinate. Tried sending an app to my Droid unknowingly three times before I caught on.

I only HAVE one phone, so I never get any sort of popup window at all. Maybe i'll go in and check my settings, though.